Buried KGC or Confederate Treasure location

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro, AT-Gold, Ace 250, Sea Hunter Mark 2, Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really could use your help to Identify the meaning of this symbol.. Its a symbol of a heart carved into a tree that's really old. There are story's of civil war and confederate treasure buried around the area and some has be reported found but not all of it. The tree this heart is carved in is a very old tree and the heart seems to point down to the base or ground. I went back with a metal detector and searched around the tree. I found another item I think is another clue but not sure. but if it is can you help me figure it out with what i found. I dug up a 1830 capped bust half dime in great shape directly below the hearts point right at the base of the tree.. is the coin another clue. i'm not very smart and could use any help you can give me. attached are photos. i hope i hear from you. thanks mike

2213.jpeg

KIMG0008.jpg

KIMG0007.jpg

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Just pure speculation, but I don't know why someone would carve a plain heart unless it had some underlying meaning to it. And the finding of the coin sort of is suspicious. Could be pure coincidence, could be more, but I would sure look in that area for further symbols with my detector in tow.

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for this info and advice. Last year I also found these items about 200 feet away from where the heart is by some rocks. it is a rail road key and 1864 2 cent piece, along with multiple dropped civil war bullets that was found in the area before i even found the heart.

regulator-hunt-3-26-2015-003.jpg

regulator-hunt-3-26-2015-002.jpg

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that key is the same look as the key for a USPS strong box used to transport documents and precious articles on the trains and stages .
interesting find if a strong box is there .

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, i wish i knew more so i could find the treasure. think i might give up and destroy to tree with the heart and up root the stump so no one else finds it. would be different if i had help to locate it. but thanks

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
thanks, i wish i knew more so i could find the treasure. think i might give up and destroy to tree with the heart and up root the stump so no one else finds it. would be different if i had help to locate it. but thanks

Don't do that, something might come to you later or maybe you will discover another piece of evidence. Here's something you can try. Stand in front of the heart with your back to it. Look directly in front of you and check to see if there is something straight ahead, big rock, rock bluff, another tree, something like that. Check out anything directly in front of the heart that could be used for another marker. Also, if you dug the artifacts in your pictures, try to remember where they were when you dug them up, look for a straight line that might show direction. If there is a line or if there is something in front of the heart, check it out for more carvings. If there is something that sticks out and there are no carvings on it, take your metal detector and detect in a straight line to that object. You have to be patient and if you think the symbol is treasure related, keep looking at different ideas. Even if the heart is treasure related, chances are 99 out of a hundred that whoever put it there has recovered it. That's what the markers are put there for, to lead them back to it.

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks mdog, i will try that.

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool book, i'll check it out

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone and I followed everyones advice and following mdogs advice, I was able to find several more carvings on the same type of trees the heart was carved in. can anyone can anyone tell me what they mean so I can keep looking ?

KIMG0029.jpg
KIMG0030.jpg
KIMG0031.jpg
KIMG0032.jpg
KIMG0033.jpg
KIMG0034.jpg
KIMG0035.jpg
KIMG0036.jpg
KIMG0037.jpg
KIMG0038.jpg
KIMG0039.jpg
KIMG0040.jpg
KIMG0041.jpg
KIMG0042.jpg
KIMG0043.jpg
KIMG0044.jpg

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Before you start trying to interpret symbols, you should draw a map showing how the carved trees are setup in relation with each other. It would be nice if you could get some type of paper so you can show everything in scale. Make sure you get the directions and the distance between trees right. After you get your map drawn out, look for patterns. You might find triangles but could be other things too.

I can see where somebody setting up a cache site would use carvings on a tree, but only when the stuff was going to be there for a short time. The trees chosen to put the carvings on could be more important than what the interpretation of the symbols is. Let us know how things go.

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog, what do you mean by the trees chosen could be more important than the symbols? please explain?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog, what do you mean by the trees chosen could be more important than the symbols? please explain?

IF you have a cache site, the carvings grab your attention but over time they can be changed or trees can be destroyed. The trees with the carvings might have been chosen to create a triangle pattern or some other geometric shape. That's what you have to figure out. It will take a lot of patience but that's part of it. If you can put your back on a symbol and find the next carved tree by looking straight in front of you, you can establish a sequence showing how the trees were chosen and you might be able to figure out your pattern from that. You might have to run your metal detector from one tree to the next. You might have to look for places where lines intersect. It's gonna be a lot of work. How many carved trees do you have?

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Also you can mark way points from a handheld gps, go to Google earth, enter the waypoints, and see what shape they make.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Looks like SPANISH-related "point of Interest"; I see a Knight pointing in a certain direction & so is his sword... go in THAT direction; looks like a map, too. STILL reviewing it. Hmmm... "figure" with "pointing arm & sword" does not wear a Helmet; looks MORE like rags/head-band... PIRATES!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You have LEGENDS of Old "ONE EYE" in those parts (area)...? MAYBE, PIRATES! SPANISH PIRATES...?

OP
OP
M

mopedking77

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 13 trees with carvings on them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread