Your Opinion: Is This the Work of the KGC or OAK?

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My husband and I found this rock underneath the limb of an owl tree on an abandoned homestead. My husband estimates the tree to be 80-90 years old, but it could be older. Personally, I don't think it is KGC, but I wanted to get you guys' take on it. I would love to hear your opinions as to what group this could belong to, if any.
diamond.jpg
At first glance it just looks like a diamond rock, but by blowing the picture up there is much more than meets the eye. Not being all that familiar with treasure signs and symbols (I am reading up), I studied it for days before certain things popped out at me.

I did find a heart rock underneath it. This is not how the rock appeared when I first saw it, as it was somewhat buried and I could only see a portion of it. Not knowing that it was a specially shaped rock, I picked it up. I promise to never make that mistake again.
Pic 1, heart.jpg

Thank you for your time, and I'm looking forward to your responses!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
My husband and I found this rock underneath the limb of an owl tree on an abandoned homestead. My husband estimates the tree to be 80-90 years old, but it could be older. Personally, I don't think it is KGC, but I wanted to get you guys' take on it. I would love to hear your opinions as to what group this could belong to, if any.
View attachment 1296156
At first glance it just looks like a diamond rock, but by blowing the picture up there is much more than meets the eye. Not being all that familiar with treasure signs and symbols (I am reading up), I studied it for days before certain things popped out at me.

I did find a heart rock underneath it. This is not how the rock appeared when I first saw it, as it was somewhat buried and I could only see a portion of it. Not knowing that it was a specially shaped rock, I picked it up. I promise to never make that mistake again.
View attachment 1296157

Thank you for your time, and I'm looking forward to your responses!
TOP "Pic"... "POINTER ROCK"; BOTTOM "Pic"... HEART ROCK, indicating a "SMALL Cache". BOTH are "POINTING" roughly in the same direction... only YOU know. Think it is more an "Outlaw" cache... dunno.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Rebel. You can tell by the bottom pic what way it points only you know the direction. There is a theory I have about this. Four units left and three units right. Always start on the left foot four diamond side three points of a heart. Just a theory from a old article in the National Prospectors Gazette.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Rebel. You can tell by the bottom pic what way it points only you know the direction. There is a theory I have about this. Four units left and three units right. Always start on the left foot four diamond side three points of a heart. Just a theory from a old article in the National Prospectors Gazette.

Senior Deacon

Senior Deacon - Thank you for your input. I am confused by this statement: "Four units left and three units right. Always start on the left foot four diamond side three points of a heart." Could you please explain?

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Rebel. I had not considered an outlaw cache. Off to do more research!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thank you, Rebel. I had not considered an outlaw cache. Off to do more research!
NOW! When you "said"... an "Owl Tree", did you mean a "Hoot Owl Tree"... "L-shaped"? THAT is ANOTHER "clue"... the "NOSE"/"Elbow" KNOWS... HEH. We call the "pointer" on the tree, the "NOSE", as if sniffing out TREASURE! HA!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Keep in mind, it COULD be a "PAYROLL" Treasure from the Civil War... like Dent's Run Treasure in Penn. Check it out! HH! Good Luck!

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOW! When you "said"... an "Owl Tree", did you mean a "Hoot Owl Tree"... "L-shaped"? THAT is ANOTHER "clue"... the "NOSE"/"Elbow" KNOWS... HEH. We call the "pointer" on the tree, the "NOSE", as if sniffing out TREASURE! HA!
Rebel - Do you mean does it have a limb coming straight out, then take a 90 degree angle upwards? I did not know there was a difference between hoot owl and owl tree. I'm surprised I have not come across anything about that in my reading so far.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind, it COULD be a "PAYROLL" Treasure from the Civil War... like Dent's Run Treasure in Penn. Check it out! HH! Good Luck!
I was just telling my husband about that story this week. Could be related! I would not only love to find whatever these markers are leading to, but also I am totally enthralled with the idea that there's a story here, and I want, no...I NEED to know what it is!

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
S.D., That is a very interesting theory, and plausable way to calculate the points. It could also be 4 out 3 down.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First units could be in feet, yards, rods, or chains. What ever units were used at that time. The hardest thing to cover up is a hole look at all the trouble a cemetery goes to to level out their ground.

Second four out and three down is a way to look at it also. I think that the people that hid most of the treasure in this KGC business were military and the orders were to the left. Also a old Masonic adage the left is where one start out. The right is the strongest part. K von M stated that several small pots he found were the same way. Start at the northeast corner count 4 fence post from the left then three feet right. Don't want to plow up your treasure.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel - Do you mean does it have a limb coming straight out, then take a 90 degree angle upwards? I did not know there was a difference between hoot owl and owl tree. I'm surprised I have not come across anything about that in my reading so far.
To UNDERSTAND better, "google" HOOT OWL TREES; then, TRAIL TREES OF GEORGIA. FUN! HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread