cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this hasn't been asked yet, and if it has I apologize. I can't seem to find any info, which may be the answer to my question...., but here goes. Does anyone have any knowledge of the KGC operating/ hiding loot in Eastern Tennessee or Western North Carolina. I know they were in North Carolina, but over by Raleigh right? and as well as in Tennessee, but near Nashville I think. My folks live on the mountain side and I find myself there trouncing around the woods a lot, and man aren't there a bazillion places to hide loot. Springs, natural mines, forests as far as the eye can see. So many hiding places. Does the fact that it's the Appalachians, and the highest most rugged part, mean that people pretty much shied away from it do to it just being difficult to get around....? Or did someone maybe take advantage of that terrain.....

T hunter 24

Greenie
May 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Pinckneyville sc I have looked at trees on the bank of the broad river that has Kgc markings on them and Jeff Davis was there two days as he tried to escape also five wagons were found in the woods from the mint in Charlotte NCOs all were empty
T hunter 24

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I hope this hasn't been asked yet, and if it has I apologize. I can't seem to find any info, which may be the answer to my question...., but here goes. Does anyone have any knowledge of the KGC operating/ hiding loot in Eastern Tennessee or Western North Carolina. I know they were in North Carolina, but over by Raleigh right? and as well as in Tennessee, but near Nashville I think. My folks live on the mountain side and I find myself there trouncing around the woods a lot, and man aren't there a bazillion places to hide loot. Springs, natural mines, forests as far as the eye can see. So many hiding places. Does the fact that it's the Appalachians, and the highest most rugged part, mean that people pretty much shied away from it do to it just being difficult to get around....? Or did someone maybe take advantage of that terrain.....
Well, there MAY be Melungeon Silver Mines in Western NC/Eastern Tn. like the GARLAND Silver Mine... KGC MAY have used these mines, also. I would look closer at SW Va., too. HH! Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No better location I can think of than where your folks live. That is a great location to find KGC Treasures as it was the Last Capitol of the Confederate States of America. Look up towards Gallatin as well as southeast of Nashville as well as around the Ryman Autorium. Great locations for huge KGC Treasures.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
T Hunter 24 - I live in Charlotte about 1/4 mile from the Mint Museum (site of original US Mint), yet have not aware of any wagons found in nearby woods. I'm assuming this happened im the late 19th/early 20th century ?

I take my dogs there quite often and can't help wonder about the massive trees (I'm sure they are oak) that surely are at least 150 years old. I'll post some pics as they are unusual looking.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Pinckneyville sc I have looked at trees on the bank of the broad river that has Kgc markings on them and Jeff Davis was there two days as he tried to escape also five wagons were found in the woods from the mint in Charlotte NCOs all were empty
T hunter 24
:BangHead::dontknow::dontknow::BangHead: I wish you did know but I know you don't.

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Heh.. I didn't realize that the actual Mint was erected and operated downtown Charlotte. After the Reconstruction it was used by various entities but never minted coinage again. In the early 20th century it was demolished. Private citizens paid for a museum to showcase the Mint's history and CSA and US gold coins, which was built in the 1930's a few miles south of downtown, near my current home. Everywhere within a mile or two of the original Mint building is now steel, glass, and asphalt (so no traipsing in the woods looking for buried gold for me !).

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at your pictures upside-down. I saw a number 3 on a big oak tree at Patrick Henry's Leatherwood plantation. Look towards the top. It should be black.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tree limbs are always pointing in some direction like everything else in nature.

MrMarsHill

Jan 15, 2019
Mars Hill NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300, current main user.
Garret AT Propointer, current main user.
Garrett GTAX750, classic machine and I love it!
Bounty hunter tracker iv, missing knob bought used on eBay... Still find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old post, but I've got a wealth of information on western NC and eastern TN just before during and quite some time after the civil war. It's my specific "area of study" if you will. I have a few permissions in the area, and my parents owns some property in Madison county NC as do my wife and I, but I'd love to get together and maybe put some of my knowledge and yours together. I even have several "Hot tips" on a lost family silver mine in Madison county( Tips are FROM the family themselves), just a beast to get to and almost a death wish to go alone haha! I know lots of civil war era relics and the like could be found. And I can bet it would be a worth while cache search because all the amazing place this would be to hide a treasure! It may seem odd, but if I wanted to hide something, I dont feel I would even leave my own county! It's good rugged country, but most is accessible year round and was even back then. I know a few places you could stick quite a sizable cache in the east tn west nc area and NOBODY would find them. But they'd be easy to get to if needed,easily marked or mapped out etc. Just my theory, but I reckon most of what we have here is theory anyway lol. Let me know if you'd like to share some info or even take a trip with me. I'd be glad to take you to one of my spots and show you what I know about the area! P.S. all the great spots for caches I've located in my searches, have already been well checked and no such luck so far, lol. I'm a freak for getting " just off" the beaten path and I've found lots of cool stuff with that technique. Including small? caves, old camps, homesites etc. Happy and safe hunting either way... we may even run into each other sometime!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there MrMarsHill, You have a better chance doing this alone. I know it is dangerous. But the main thing it is the safest way to go. Make preparations and do it yourself. You will have a better chance of coming back. I have tried over and over to get partners to help hunt but each time I have been betrayed. I have been double crossed several times. I have also over-heard my partners talking quietly about "popping me" and putting me in the hole when the treasure is found. Believe me from experience it is safer going alone. Also, once you find a treasure, keep it to yourself. You won't have to worry about partners talking and giving it away. You are the only one that can talk and give it away. So clam up.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No better location I can think of than where your folks live. That is a great location to find KGC Treasures as it was the Last Capitol of the Confederate States of America. Look up towards Gallatin as well as southeast of Nashville as well as around the Ryman Autorium. Great locations for huge KGC Treasures.
That great news, I live in Connecticut, please sent information.

OP
OP
cuzimloony

cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old post, but I've got a wealth of information on western NC and eastern TN just before during and quite some time after the civil war. It's my specific "area of study" if you will. I have a few permissions in the area, and my parents owns some property in Madison county NC as do my wife and I, but I'd love to get together and maybe put some of my knowledge and yours together. I even have several "Hot tips" on a lost family silver mine in Madison county( Tips are FROM the family themselves), just a beast to get to and almost a death wish to go alone haha! I know lots of civil war era relics and the like could be found. And I can bet it would be a worth while cache search because all the amazing place this would be to hide a treasure! It may seem odd, but if I wanted to hide something, I dont feel I would even leave my own county! It's good rugged country, but most is accessible year round and was even back then. I know a few places you could stick quite a sizable cache in the east tn west nc area and NOBODY would find them. But they'd be easy to get to if needed,easily marked or mapped out etc. Just my theory, but I reckon most of what we have here is theory anyway lol. Let me know if you'd like to share some info or even take a trip with me. I'd be glad to take you to one of my spots and show you what I know about the area! P.S. all the great spots for caches I've located in my searches, have already been well checked and no such luck so far, lol. I'm a freak for getting " just off" the beaten path and I've found lots of cool stuff with that technique. Including small? caves, old camps, homesites etc. Happy and safe hunting either way... we may even run into each other sometime!

Maybe an old post, but Im still reading them and still interested. I think a chat or get-together is just fine and would love to link up. I think Franklin below has good advice about going alone, but so is putting your head together with other like minds. I can see both angles. Ill send a PM and hope to get a response. If not, good luck to you out there!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread