Brownwoods Mysterious Henry Ford - KGC Member

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brownwood's Mysterious Henry Ford - KGC Member

I just posted this on our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group's message board. Probably the greatest unsolved mystery of the town of Brownwood, Texas is the question "who was Brownwood's Henry Ford?" Many old-timers thought he was the outlaw Jesse Woodson James because Jesse and Frank James's mother Zerelda Samuel was seen at Ford's funeral in Brownwood in 1910 and Frank James spoke to the crowd at the funeral, warning them that if they "put a marker on Henry Ford's grave, I will return and blow it to Kingdom Come".
Several years ago, when I was searching for answers to the many mysteries surrounding Brownwood's Henry Ford, I briefly looked into the possibility that his outlaw & KGC connections were because he was somehow related to John Thomson Ford who was the owner of Ford's Theater where President Lincoln was assassinated in April, 1865. As a result of our rekindled interest in these mysteries, I decided to take another look into the biographical information of John T. Ford last night and I found several interesting things in his Wikipedia biography.
The first thing that caught my eye was the fact that he spent much of his younger years in Richmond, Virginia working first for his uncle as a clerk in his tobacco factory and then as a bookseller. Oddly enough, our Henry Ford's death certificate states that Henry was born in Richmond, Virginia. Could it be that our Henry Ford was the son (although he is not listed as being one of them in the article) of John T. or maybe a nephew who was the son of one of John T. Ford's brothers who lived in Richmond?
Then I read farther into the bio and learned that John T. was "a good friend of Lincoln's assassin John Wilkes Booth" (who I believe spent the year of 1871 in Brownwood) and that John T. and his two brothers were arrested for suspicion in the assassination and thrown into prison for over a month.
The third part that struck me was that John T. Ford's funeral was officiated by two Presbyterian clergymen of Baltimore. If you read my recent messages, you know that both Henry Ford and Jesse Woodson James were Presbyterians.
I think that we could very well be getting close to discovering exactly who Brownwood's Henry Ford really was so I encourage all members to get involved in this research and add your findings, opinions, and thoughts to our conversation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_T._Ford

Attachments

• HenryFord1.jpg
    HenryFord1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 537
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    790.5 KB · Views: 529
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 419
  • HenryForddeathcertificate.jpg
    HenryForddeathcertificate.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 429

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
So Texas Jay, did you take the picture of that mans grave?

Just curious because the part of Texas I am from, if you show up to a grave site it is to pay your respects and nothing more. I am sure this man still has kin folk and I doubt they would enjoy seeing their resting kin on some conspiracy blog.

Just saying,

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob I also live in Texas and visit cemeteries all the time. Not only to pay my respects to the departed some time I take photos of their graves and markers. Find a grave. Com does this all the time. In fact it is one way I visit my father's and grandparents graves. I also visit many of my close friends graves in this way. A great service as they are buried over a thousand miles from where I live and I can visit anytime.

As far as a conspiracy site I feel some what different. We are trying to solve a mystery. In as much I feel that we are keeping alive the memories of some who might have otherwise been lost to time. Brave people who believed that they were doing the right and noble thing. Who among us would have the courage to do the same in this wild and tempestuous world? Hopefully most of us would but only after our feet were held to the fire.

Respectfully

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
So Texas Jay, did you take the picture of that mans grave?

Just curious because the part of Texas I am from, if you show up to a grave site it is to pay your respects and nothing more. I am sure this man still has kin folk and I doubt they would enjoy seeing their resting kin on some conspiracy blog.

Just saying,

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/383694-who-were-k-g-c-carved-trees-left-3.html#post3847359

Not all is what it is said to be by those that repeat what they think they heard. That is all I have to say about that my friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread