K.G.C. member here to share some history and treasure hunting tips!

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Treasurenet,

My family has been involved in the Knights of the Golden Circle since at least the 1850's, and very little records were kept of the history of our organization. I am here to provide knowledge that has been passed down through my family, that may be difficult to find on the internet.

The K.G.C. was founded in the 1830's by George Bickley and five others (who's names are lost to History) in southern Ohio, in support of South Carolina's secession movement. The original intent was for the Southern US (all areas below the Mason-Dixon line, including the southern parts of midwestern and western states) to form an independent country, conquer Mexico, central America, and the Carribean, and form a "cotton empire" surrounding Havana.

Throughout the 1840's and 50's, the K.G.C. got members elected to state-level government positions throughout the South and even in parts of the north, and pushed secession as a possibility. Most K.G.C. members were Democrats, although a small number were moderate Whigs. Contrary to popular belief, President Franklin Pierce (D-NH) was NOT a member, although President James Buchanan (D-PA) was.

In 1860, the K.G.C. formed an army and planned to invade Mexico, but the War for Southern Independence broke out and the members instead enlisted in the Confederate army. By that point, the main goal of the organization had evolved from establishing a "cotton empire" to merely gaining independence for the Southern states. President Jefferson Davis and many in government positions of the Confederate States were members, as were General Nathan Bedford Forrest and a handful of other Confederate officers. Alexander Stephens, a former Whig and friend of Abraham Lincoln, was likely only made Vice President of the Democrat-dominated Confederacy because of his membership in the K.G.C.

At the end of the war, the K.G.C. ordered the assassination of Lincoln, Johnson, and Seward. The goal was to decapitate the Yankee government, in order to create enough confusion and distraction in the north for the Confederacy to re-organize and continue the war. The plan backfired after only Lincoln was successfully assassinated, which allowed for the Radical Republican congress to take control in the North, pass the 14th and 15th amendments, and institute a strict reconstruction policy. Booth, Surratt, and the rest of the conspirators as well as those who aided in their attempted escape, were K.G.C. members (With the exception of Mary Surratt, as women were not granted membership at that time).

Following the war, General Nathan Bedford Forrest organized the first era Ku Klux Klan as a militant arm of the K.G.C. to drive carpetbaggers and Republicans out of the South, with a plan to overthrow the military governments put in place over most of the South, in order to make a second war a possibility. The Klan quickly turned to racial violence, as most Southern Republicans were newly-freed slaves, and was officially disbanded in 1869, although some branches continued to operate until it was outlawed in 1872. K.G.C. members refused to take the reconstruction oath and lived out their lives unable to vote.

During the reconstruction era and lasting well into the early 1900's, the K.G.C. robbed carpetbagger-owned businesses, railroad cars, and and banks in order to finance a second war for Southern Independence. The most notorious of these robbers were the James-Younger gang. This is the source of the K.G.C. treasures that can be found throughout the South and West. Most K.G.C. activity during this time occurred in Missouri, Kentucky and Tennessee, the three ex-Confederate states that were not put under military rule. Kansas, Arkansas, West Virginia, Maryland, Nebraska, the Indian Territory, Texas, and California also saw a lot of robbings by the K.G.C., and Castles (branches) were organized throughout these states, as well as a few in the deep south. The K.G.C. had a lot of influence in the Missouri state government throughout the 1870's and 1880's, at least two governors during this time were members, as well as a number of state legislators. K.G.C. members were also elected to the state legislature of Arkansas.

Sometime in the early 1880's, the K.G.C. founded the Order of American Knights (O.A.K.) as a less secretive branch organization, secretly governed by the K.G.C.

In 1915, O.A.K. member William J. Simmons founded the Second era Ku Klux Klan. This is where the history gets murky, as very few records were kept. The K.G.C. was not disbanded in 1916, as many online sources state.
In 1922, the K.G.C. and O.A.K. merged with the KKK, and remained as KKK branches until the late 1960's. In 1968, the K.G.C. became an independent organization, although it remained affiliated with the KKK. When David Duke founded the fourth era (sometimes incorrectly referred to as the third era) Ku Klux Klan in 1975, the K.G.C. severed ties with the newly "Nazified" organization, and established itself as a Southern Nationalist group, similar to the modern League of the South. The names of important officials in the K.G.C. are kept secret. The organization is headed by an Imperal Commander, the leader for each state or region is called a Grand Commander, and the leader of each Castle (local branch) is called a Captain. There are branches in 49 of the 50 states, although most of them are in the South and lower Midwest.

In 1997, the K.G.C. renewed ties with certain KKK groups, and re-established itself as a "Pro-Southern, Pro-White" group. a sister organization in Europe called the Knights of Thule (K.O.T.) was founded to promote nationalism and "pro-white" causes, and has branches in England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Poland, and Italy. Today, the K.G.C. works with the K.O.T, the KKK, and the LoS. One KKK group (which shall remain unnamed) is a branch of the K.G.C. and closely models the first-era (pre-racist) KKK. Other political activism organizations (which shall also remain unnamed) also have ties to the K.G.C. The ultimate goal of the K.G.C. is southern independence. We currently have state legislators (who shall remain unnamed) serving in Arkansas and Mississippi. The K.G.C. makes political endorsements for various offices, partakes in political activism, and runs candidates for state-level office throughout the South. Currently, we do not rob carpetbagger-owned businesses or partake in any illegal activity, but we do seek to uncover the treasures that were hidden during the reconstruction era.

From what our researchers have gathered, most of the treasures were hidden in caves or buried in wooden areas, mostly throughout the Ozark region and the central part of Missouri. Symbols can be found carved into cave walls and trees, prominent ones include the initials of members who buried them (J.J. for Jesse James, etc.), the letters "K.G.C", and crude Confederate flags (a box with an "X" in it, or a star in the middle). It is estimated that as much as $5,000,000 face value was hidden, much of it in gold coins and larger silver (dollars and halves), as well as yankee paper money. It was buried in jars, metal cans, and small wooden boxes with markings. The Saddle Ridge hoard, found in California, was probably K.G.C. treasure. Stashes of Confederate money were also hidden, likely with the hope that the South would rise again and it would be legal tender.

Thus far I have found one small hoard, containing an 1877S double eagle, an 1863 Confederate $5 bill, 2 Seated liberty quarters (one with a letter "F" counterstamped into it), a seated liberty half-dollar, 3 morgan dollars (the latest being dated 1880), a very worn 2 cent coin, and a few Indian head pennies. It was in a deteriorated metal can, near a rock with a crude Confederate flag scratched into it in Southwestern Missouri. (I had permission to search on the property, this is important for those of you who seek to find K.G.C. treasures.)

Good luck to all, and Deo Vindice.
Amigo,:coffee2::hello:, Real KGC members and their families are few and far between, what correspondence have you had in the last five years with the researches of the KGC heritage?, and why? :hello: NP:cat:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Interesting reading for sure.. A problem I have with the LBJ gold conspiracy is could the runway at LBJ Ranch could support large planes like the C130 fully loaded with cargo (gold bars) ?

Now I'm no aviator or authority but from what I've read these planes are really heavy and require reinforced runways. The Airforce One Boeing 707 (a larger jet, I know) was unable to land at the Ranch...

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Interesting reading for sure.. A problem I have with the LBJ gold conspiracy is could the runway at LBJ Ranch could support large planes like the C130 fully loaded with cargo (gold bars) ?

Now I'm no aviator or authority but from what I've read these planes are really heavy and require reinforced runways. The Airforce One Boeing 707 (a larger jet, I know) was unable to land at the Ranch...
Ever see 'Touch and Go's'?

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As in flying low with the cargo bay doors open and the cargo slides out on a sled ? I get the picture , I think lol

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, can you say what area of SW MO you are, we may have possibly crossed paths

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know that the Knights Templar, as well as the Sons of Liberty and the Freemasons, had ties to the K.G.C. in the beginning, but if there is still any connection (which I doubt), it is not something that I have any knowledge of. The main reason that I doubt any connection are that the Knights Templar are (or at least historically were) alligned with the Catholic church, whereas the K.G.C. is a strictly Protestant organization. However, both organizations are most likely still connected to Freemasonry, many K.G.C. members (such as John Wilkes Booth) are Masons, and I believe that many of the large Castles are organized through Masonic lodges. From what I've gatherd, the only way to become a Knights Templar is through the Freemasons. I find this confusing, because the Freemasons are definitely not Catholic (the Catholic church says that they are incompatible), yet the only way to get into the Catholic Knights Templar is through "incompatible" Freemasonry. This leads me to believe that maybe the KT are no longer Catholic, which would open the door to a potential K.G.C. connection. I have no idea what goes on higher up, I'm a Captain, meaning I'm in charge of a Castle covering roughly 1/4 of Missouri, so the workings of the Grand Commanders, Imperial Commander, and Imperial Council are almost as much of a mystery to me as they are to you. I do know that the inner circle of the Imperial Council is comprised of six men, three of which I know of: The Imperial Commander of the K.G.C., the Imperial Wizard of a particular KKK organization, and the leader of a certain Conservative Political organization. The other three are unknown to me, as is much of the outer circle. I think it is a definite possibility that two of those other three men include a representative of the Freemasons and a representative from the Knights Templar.

As for the large treasures, I know of one that was definitely K.G.C. and most likely was a contributing factor in both Kennedy's assassination and the separation of the K.G.C. from the KKK in 1968.

I don't remember all the details off the top of my head, but the K.G.C. hid several million dollars worth of gold bars in a cave in New Mexico. The land that it was hidden on was annexed as part of a military base after the hoard was discovered by a treasure hunter. In 1963, Kennedy and Vice President Johnson went to visit it, and a short time later, Kennedy was assassinated (Johnson likely had a part in this, and the treasure was a large part of his motive). During Johnson's Presidency, he installed a landing strip on his ranch in Texas, and people who lived nearby reported that there were constantly cargo planes coming in from and heading to the west. When the treasure hunter was again allowed to visit the cave in the late 1960's, the gold was gone. Most likely, Lyndon Johnson stole the K.G.C.'s gold.

As the story goes, the K.G.C. separated from the KKK in 1968 largely because theydeyyuuyreyuxexffugggvg wanted to steal back the treasure and possibly assassinate Lyndon Johnson, but the KKK had been infiltrated by the FBI and it wouldn't be safe to plot something like that with informants everywhere.

As far as Johnson stealing the gold it most likely ended up in Ft. Knox to help him finance his war in Viet Nam. Kennedy's death is another story for another time.

To my knowledge there are no less than three and as many as five that claim direct descendants from the original Knight Templars. Of all that I have read and studied the Grand Lodge of Scotland may come as close as any. None of the others even come close. This includes the York Rite Free Masons and the Roman Catholic Knights Templars.

Now as far as a modern K.G.C. there may well be but as astute as we are at research how come this is the first time we are made aware of it? Why by a low level soldier? If there were ties to Free Masonry why haven't either Rebel or I heard of them? As Rebel and I both have deep connections to the organization and would be in a position to be " In The Know ". Also I have to ask the question wouldn't Mr. Modern K.G.C. be held under a vow of silence? Maybe under penalty of death? Not doubting but asking for clarification!!!

We can claim to be anything on the internet. That's why I have to be a doubting Thomas. We have to check and recheck our information to make sure it is as accurate as possible. I mean no disrespect like I stated I am asking for clarification as I would like to have one more source of verification. Could you supply us with something else please??

Thank you,

Senior Deacon

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know about how long of a strip a C130 needs to land, but i have seen them land on dirt airstrips (these ones weren't loaded with gold bullion).

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
As far as Johnson stealing the gold it most likely ended up in Ft. Knox to help him finance his war in Viet Nam. Kennedy's death is another story for another time.

To my knowledge there are no less than three and as many as five that claim direct descendants from the original Knight Templars. Of all that I have read and studied the Grand Lodge of Scotland may come as close as any. None of the others even come close. This includes the York Rite Free Masons and the Roman Catholic Knights Templars.

Now as far as a modern K.G.C. there may well be but as astute as we are at research how come this is the first time we are made aware of it? Why by a low level soldier? If there were ties to Free Masonry why haven't either Rebel or I heard of them? As Rebel and I both have deep connections to the organization and would be in a position to be " In The Know ". Also I have to ask the question wouldn't Mr. Modern K.G.C. be held under a vow of silence? Maybe under penalty of death? Not doubting but asking for clarification!!!

We can claim to be anything on the internet. That's why I have to be a doubting Thomas. We have to check and recheck our information to make sure it is as accurate as possible. I mean no disrespect like I stated I am asking for clarification as I would like to have one more source of verification. Could you supply us with something else please??

Thank you,

Senior Deacon
LOL! Agree, Bro... I asked several Bros about KGC/OAK... NOTHING but Blank Stares & Looks of WHAT...?!!! There is NO current "connection"... MAYBE in the PAST, when they were "needed".

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you,

Senior Deacon
Amigo's:coffee2: I ask the same question of you and KGC that I asked mo,KGC, Since your admitting that you are in the know? Really,? Please help me understand your comment , what happened to your vows? did you take vows,or inherit them.:hello: NP:cat:

OP
OP
M

MissouriKGC

Jun 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Thank you,

Senior Deacon

The info I have posted is public, things that I was allowed to know before becoming a member and things that we tell potential recruits, there are other things I know that I could be reprimanded for talking about (Specific names, specific modern day activities, specific locations, etc.). There is some information that is available on the internet that I'm forbidden to speak of.

I'm not for sure on whether there are ties to the Masons, I do know that many K.G.C. members are Masons, and that Masons are often recruited. I am a Captain, which is a fairly low rank (First Degree), so I wouldn't know about that kind of thing.

I'm not sure what type of verification I can provide. There's this, but I don't know when you'll ever have the opportunity to test it:

If you see someone wearing a CSA belt buckle, a 3rd National Confederate flag lapel pin, or a Confederate army type hat, look them in the eye, make a thumbs up with your right hand, and place it over you heart. If they do the same back, they are (probably) a Knight. They will assume you are a Knight and will not speak to you except when it would be rude not to, Knights are forbidden from speaking to each other in public. If they aren't K.G.C., they'll think you're some kind of wierdo and look confused. We always wear some portion of a replica Confederate uniform in public, or a 3rd national flag pin when wearing a suit (Public figures exempted to prevent controversy). The thumbs up sign is an old salutation that was used by the O.A.K. and K.G.C. in the late 1800's (I believe there are photos of Jesse James doing this), we don't commonly use it anymore, but any Knight would recognize it.

There are webpages out there for modern K.G.C. Castles, most of them are through Google Sites or another free host. They won't provide anything I haven't, except boring orders passed down from the Imperial Council (An endorsement of Donald Trump for President, various endorsements of other political candidates, an order to "get along" with the damned Nazi's, a list of types of people to target for recruitment, reminders to wear our Confederate gear in public, etc.). The serious communications are all word of mouth with no paper or digital records, so don't expect to find any secret information that you're not supposed to know ;)

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo's:coffee2: I ask the same question of you and KGC that I asked mo,KGC, Since your admitting that you are in the know? Really,? Please help me understand your comment , what happened to your vows? did you take vows,or inherit them.:hello: NP:cat:

I Took my vows as did Rebel and George Washington, and Benjamin Franklin, F.D.R., Harry Truman, and many others. No one ever inherits these vows. I have revealed nothing that can't be found elsewhere either in books or on the web. The secret of Free Masonry is there real are no secrets but modes of recognition they are the real secrets. Free Masonry is in your heart and mind not in some building or temple. It is a system to make good men better and therefore the world a better place in which to live. We are not here to rule nor take over the world or governments or peoples we are here to make those places better by each of us trying to make us better individuals. I have been to lodge meetings that we couldn't decide what the menu for the next pre-lodge dinner would be. If we can decide on something that simple how are we going to take over the world.

As far as " Being In the Know " Both Rebel and I belong to invited degrees of the York and Scottish Rites of Free Masonry. These degrees are granted as honors to those members who work in the lodges give of their time and some their money to the fraternity. The men that receive these honors serve as leaders and heads of their local, district or regional and state lodges or bodies. I have served as master of my local lodge, head of the Chapter, Council, and Commandery of the York Rite, head of committees in the Scottish Rite. I have served as a Grand Lodge officer, and held the elected office in the Grand Commandery of my state. I held the ear of many high and important leaders within the fraternity. I was honored with membership in one of the invitation only degrees. When you are a member of these degrees you sit among the men that know most everything that goes on within the all the workings of the Fraternity. We are able to get together sit down share a meal and fellowship ask questions and debate in a friendly atmosphere the state of the fraternity.

Even though I have many titles and honor and am pasted this and pasted that I still have the highest honor and degree that any mason can have that of Master Mason of the Third degree. My field of expertise is the history of masonry in the United States and it's arcane meanings as applied to it. Since I live in Texas I have been concentrating on. Texas Masonic history from and before the Texas War of Independence. This has lead me to this forum and the brothers and friends I have ment here.

I believe in two years on this forum this is the first time I have fully disclosed my involvement in Free Masonry. I hope it will be my last time to have to do it.

Respectfully

Senior Deacon

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wow, Bro... you have done than I, (my choice); I am ALSO PM, & have been to the Grand Lodge of Virginia (visit). Spent MORE time in the House of the Temple in DC; AWESOME place! From what I can tell, Blue Lodge of the Scottish Rite in Louisiana is MORE interesting; a Bro in my AMD (also FBI), told us in a AMD "presentation" (he had GREAT slides), the the 3 Blue Lodge Degrees (1-3) were in FRENCH! SO! Albert Pike was in New Orleans (Scottish Rite + FRENCH), is worthy of R & I. Moving over to TEXAS... Texas, was HOT-BED of KGC 1st Degree WARRIORS ready to invade Mexico, before the Confederate War (CW)... THEN! CSA came about & "War Plans" for Mexico was halted; Texas joined the Rebels, with MANY KGC Warriors of the 1st Degree, & Scottish Rite Masons; worthy of MORE R & I... :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just a little more... Louisiana: Red Lodge - Etoile Polalaire # 1, A.& A.M. in New Orleans, French Quarter. A French-speaking Lodge that MAYBE Bro. Albert Pike in the Pickwick Club helped with the 1st 3 degrees rituals/lectures translated into FRENCH.
Our Blue Lodge "system" is part of the 7 Degrees YORK RITE, ending with the Royal Arch 7th Degree; George Washington was YORK RITE & WM of his Blue Lodge. Etoile Polaire #1 has a RED Bible "center-point", our Blue Lodges has a BLUE Bible "center-point". It MAY be that KGC was "connected" to KT via the Masonic Knights Templar; Separate degrees 7-10, a COMMANDERY!

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Took my vows as did Rebel and George Washington, and Benjamin Franklin, F.D.R., Harry Truman, and many others. No one ever inherits these vows. I have revealed nothing that can't be found elsewhere either in books or on the web. The secret of Free Masonry is there real are no secrets but modes of recognition they are the real secrets. Free Masonry is in your heart and mind not in some building or temple. It is a system to make good men better and therefore the world a better place in which to live. We are not here to rule nor take over the world or governments or peoples we are here to make those places better by each of us trying to make us better individuals. I have been to lodge meetings that we couldn't decide what the menu for the next pre-lodge dinner would be. If we can decide on something that simple how are we going to take over the world.

As far as " Being In the Know " Both Rebel and I belong to invited degrees of the York and Scottish Rites of Free Masonry. These degrees are granted as honors to those members who work in the lodges give of their time and some their money to the fraternity. The men that receive these honors serve as leaders and heads of their local, district or regional and state lodges or bodies. I have served as master of my local lodge, head of the Chapter, Council, and Commandery of the York Rite, head of committees in the Scottish Rite. I have served as a Grand Lodge officer, and held the elected office in the Grand Commandery of my state. I held the ear of many high and important leaders within the fraternity. I was honored with membership in one of the invitation only degrees. When you are a member of these degrees you sit among the men that know most everything that goes on within the all the workings of the Fraternity. We are able to get together sit down share a meal and fellowship ask questions and debate in a friendly atmosphere the state of the fraternity.

Even though I have many titles and honor and am pasted this and pasted that I still have the highest honor and degree that any mason can have that of Master Mason of the Third degree. My field of expertise is the history of masonry in the United States and it's arcane meanings as applied to it. Since I live in Texas I have been concentrating on. Texas Masonic history from and before the Texas War of Independence. This has lead me to this forum and the brothers and friends I have ment here.

I believe in two years on this forum this is the first time I have fully disclosed my involvement in Free Masonry. I hope it will be my last time to have to do it.

Respectfully

Senior Deacon[/QUOTE Amigo,:coffee2:,I appreciate your enlightenment enough to give me an honest and truthful explanation,I was hoping you would understand.Thank you, In God we trust. Respectfully. NP:cat:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Respectfully

Senior Deacon[/QUOTE Amigo,:coffee2:,I appreciate your enlightenment enough to give me an honest and truthful explanation,I was hoping you would understand.Thank you, In God we trust. Respectfully. NP:cat:
A "LIKE"!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Additional IMPORTANT info... The Blue Lodge of the York Rite Degrees 1-3 (Master Mason), is the HIGHEST that one can go.... AND! If one is RAM, KT, SR Mason, Shrine, etc. & quit the Blue Lodge of 3 Degrees... one LOSES membership in the REST (RAM, KT, SR Mason, Shrine, etc.) based on Grand Lodges "By-Laws"... (at least, in Virginia). WHOO!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The info I have posted is public, things that I was allowed to know before becoming a member and things that we tell potential recruits, there are other things I know that I could be reprimanded for talking about (Specific names, specific modern day activities, specific locations, etc.). There is some information that is available on the internet that I'm forbidden to speak of.

I'm not for sure on whether there are ties to the Masons, I do know that many K.G.C. members are Masons, and that Masons are often recruited. I am a Captain, which is a fairly low rank (First Degree), so I wouldn't know about that kind of thing.

I'm not sure what type of verification I can provide. There's this, but I don't know when you'll ever have the opportunity to test it:

If you see someone wearing a CSA belt buckle, a 3rd National Confederate flag lapel pin, or a Confederate army type hat, look them in the eye, make a thumbs up with your right hand, and place it over you heart. If they do the same back, they are (probably) a Knight. They will assume you are a Knight and will not speak to you except when it would be rude not to, Knights are forbidden from speaking to each other in public. If they aren't K.G.C., they'll think you're some kind of wierdo and look confused. We always wear some portion of a replica Confederate uniform in public, or a 3rd national flag pin when wearing a suit (Public figures exempted to prevent controversy). The thumbs up sign is an old salutation that was used by the O.A.K. and K.G.C. in the late 1800's (I believe there are photos of Jesse James doing this), we don't commonly use it anymore, but any Knight would recognize it.

There are webpages out there for modern K.G.C. Castles, most of them are through Google Sites or another free host. They won't provide anything I haven't, except boring orders passed down from the Imperial Council (An endorsement of Donald Trump for President, various endorsements of other political candidates, an order to "get along" with the damned Nazi's, a list of types of people to target for recruitment, reminders to wear our Confederate gear in public, etc.). The serious communications are all word of mouth with no paper or digital records, so don't expect to find any secret information that you're not supposed to know ;)
STILL not sure about your "Reason for Being" except to "honor" CSA History...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I do know that the Knights Templar, as well as the Sons of Liberty and the Freemasons, had ties to the K.G.C. in the beginning, but if there is still any connection (which I doubt), it is not something that I have any knowledge of. The main reason that I doubt any connection are that the Knights Templar are (or at least historically were) alligned with the Catholic church, whereas the K.G.C. is a strictly Protestant organization. However, both organizations are most likely still connected to Freemasonry, many K.G.C. members (such as John Wilkes Booth) are Masons, and I believe that many of the large Castles are organized through Masonic lodges. From what I've gatherd, the only way to become a Knights Templar is through the Freemasons. I find this confusing, because the Freemasons are definitely not Catholic (the Catholic church says that they are incompatible), yet the only way to get into the Catholic Knights Templar is through "incompatible" Freemasonry. This leads me to believe that maybe the KT are no longer Catholic, which would open the door to a potential K.G.C. connection. I have no idea what goes on higher up, I'm a Captain, meaning I'm in charge of a Castle covering roughly 1/4 of Missouri, so the workings of the Grand Commanders, Imperial Commander, and Imperial Council are almost as much of a mystery to me as they are to you. I do know that the inner circle of the Imperial Council is comprised of six men, three of which I know of: The Imperial Commander of the K.G.C., the Imperial Wizard of a particular KKK organization, and the leader of a certain Conservative Political organization. The other three are unknown to me, as is much of the outer circle. I think it is a definite possibility that two of those other three men include a representative of the Freemasons and a representative from the Knights Templar.

As for the large treasures, I know of one that was definitely K.G.C. and most likely was a contributing factor in both Kennedy's assassination and the separation of the K.G.C. from the KKK in 1968.

I don't remember all the details off the top of my head, but the K.G.C. hid several million dollars worth of gold bars in a cave in New Mexico. The land that it was hidden on was annexed as part of a military base after the hoard was discovered by a treasure hunter. In 1963, Kennedy and Vice President Johnson went to visit it, and a short time later, Kennedy was assassinated (Johnson likely had a part in this, and the treasure was a large part of his motive). During Johnson's Presidency, he installed a landing strip on his ranch in Texas, and people who lived nearby reported that there were constantly cargo planes coming in from and heading to the west. When the treasure hunter was again allowed to visit the cave in the late 1960's, the gold was gone. Most likely, Lyndon Johnson stole the K.G.C.'s gold.

As the story goes, the K.G.C. separated from the KKK in 1968 largely because they wanted to steal back the treasure and possibly assassinate Lyndon Johnson, but the KKK had been infiltrated by the FBI and it wouldn't be safe to plot something like that with informants everywhere.
Well... LBJ was a 1st Degree Freemason...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread