Was Jesse James really the last outlaw of the K. G. C.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is something for you to ponder on this hot at least it is here in Deep East Texas 4 th. Of July.

This morning we had little to do or that I wanted to do at Casa del Senior Deacon. Dishes were washed, laundry done, vegetables picked ans stored, grass cut. So decided to be entertained by doing some channel surfing. AHC had a series on bank robbers of the 1920's and 1930's. When they had a short bios on the there were two facts that I picked up on. First most were from the south. Second they all had ties to Kansas City, Missouri. Where was Frank and Jesse James from? Yup the Kansas City area. Could it be that they were independent contractors for the O.A.K. Robbing banks knowing you would get away with some loot. Wouldn't be caught and would speed away across state lines and no one would get hurt. These bank robbers hugged two areas the Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas borders to the easy. Some preferred the western side Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas , Colorado. Most at one time or another, these bank robbers would hit banks in the north. Kind of makes one wonder were they connected or were they trying to be modern era Jesse and Frank James. Didn't turn out well for most of them.

Senior Deacon

MissouriKGC

Jun 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've always been curious about this myself. Clyde Barrow may have been a Klansman, and at that time the K.G.C. and O.A.K. were a branch of the KKK (called the "Golden Knights"). However, most of the KKK money came from membership dues and they didn't need to rob banks, unless they were planning something big.

OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always been curious about this myself. Clyde Barrow may have been a Klansman, and at that time the K.G.C. and O.A.K. were a branch of the KKK (called the "Golden Knights"). However, most of the KKK money came from membership dues and they didn't need to rob banks, unless they were planning something big.

Maybe we should start looking for hidden KKK loot. At least it would be much more dangerous. Still a lot of old men around at least here with very southern views of the 1930's thru the 1950's.

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
THE K.G.C. BECAME THE O.A.K. AND TIME WENT ON

Look at this picture close. President Teddy Roosevelt is surrounded by monopolists including Andrew Carnige who is seated on the right. Teddy is the guy that has his arms crossed like a deer in the head lights wondering who let this ******* into an O.A.K. meeting with a camera! BUT! if you look seated in the rocking chair at the left end there is a fellow that has drawn a bigger crowd around him than the president. This was taken in 1903. arbor lodge meeting.jpg Andrew Carnigie.jpg jesse in 1904 at meeting of the O.A.K.jpg

MissouriKGC

Jun 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Look at this picture close. President Teddy Roosevelt is surrounded by monopolists including Andrew Carnige who is seated on the right. Teddy is the guy that has his arms crossed like a deer in the head lights wondering who let this ******* into an O.A.K. meeting with a camera! BUT! if you look seated in the rocking chair at the left end there is a fellow that has drawn a bigger crowd around him than the president. This was taken in 1903. View attachment 1333400 View attachment 1333401 View attachment 1333402

I doubt that President Roosevelt was in the O.A.K., he was a hated man in the South and a progressive, but anything's possible. The fella in the rocking chair does look very much like Jesse James.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I doubt that President Roosevelt was in the O.A.K., he was a hated man in the South and a progressive, but anything's possible. The fella in the rocking chair does look very much like Jesse James.

A lot of Southern people have a narrow minded (not their fault do to cover up) view of what they think is a Yankee or Northerner. What they do not know about is the way that the secret organizations of the K.G.C. and the O.A.K. could infiltrate and become members of their enemies inner circles of closest friends and political parties in order to control them like puppets on their hands. This was true clear back to Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd. The K.G.C. was right there holding hands with them and they had no idea. J.S. Morton is known for being the founder of Arbor Day a Federal Holiday that he was recognized for from his achievements as Secretary of Agriculture under President Grover Cleveland.....NOT ONE SINGLE AWARD OR EVEN A MENTION about his membership in the secret society of the Knights of the Golden Circle or the fact that he had helped create the Order of American Knights in 1863 with Cement Vallandigham and Jefferson Davis in Richmond with Judah P. Benjamin and a few other selected members of the inner circle of the K.G.C. who were being hunted by the real L.C. Baker and friends like O.P. Morton in Illinois. 12JSMorton.jpg morton and Valadingham.jpg As Far as your doubts about Teddy, What do you have to say about this link to the inner circle of the O.A.K. in 1905 https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Theodore+roosevelt+and+paul+morton

and his use of this symbol in his diary. Theodore-Roosevelt's-diary-the-day-his-wife-and-mother-died,-1884.jpg The same symbol and it's specific representation of light on an obelisk was also used by his brothers of lasting faith previously on an active K.G.C./ O.A.K. trail in Nebraska.

L.C.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. in as much as Debs was the Bernie Sanders of his day it was no surprise that he hated Roosevelt. Debs was part of the IWW the wobblies. He was also part of the Pullman Car strike. Sort of like today Debs had the mistaken idea that his ideas were above the law. Don't think that any thing that Roosevelt said would have pleased Debs. Roosevelt didn't stand for Debs sort of foolishness. As far as being a cowboy Roosevelt was one of the cowboys. Too many stories and why did he stay in the Dakotas for as long as he did. Where do you think that the Rough Riders came from? Yes Debs didn't have a clue. If he would have, he might have been scared to death not just incredulous.

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The Pulman car strike makes him even more of an enemy to the OAK and to Paul Morton and Joy in Chicago. Did you know that Joy Morton and Robert Todd Lincoln lived a block apart in Chicago? Robert served as counsel to the Pullman Palace Car Company, in 1897 he succeeded George Pullman as the company's president, and he remained affiliated with the company as president or chairman of the board until his death. You will find his name on this list also. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/422243-how-k-g-c-o-k-used-u-s-government.html#post4085294 The boys got along a lot better than their fathers did!

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. agree the boys got along better. You know old enemies can become friends when there is lots of money and power to be had. Not as much animosity one Generation removed too. I didn't make the Pullman connection but yes he would then go from dislike to HATE. In the end Roosevelt got his face on a mountain as did Bobby Lee and Debs spent time in prison which turned into a health death sentence. Moral of the story don't mess with Texas or the O.A.K. both can kill you.

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
What I find most intriguing about the association is the fact that Robert Todd Lincoln was a widows son....a traight I have found in almost every Knight that was taken under the wing of the K.G.C. and the O.A.K. to do the societies most trusted work., and by trusted I mean they were trusting you to do their bidding for them as a true Knight would do, any deviation resulted in an early unexpected death no matter who you were to the society.
Thomas B. Cuming - widows son, taken in by Lewis Cass at a very young age he graduated Mich. U worked with Lewis Cass as a geologist in a scientific expedition exploring the Lake Superior region for copper , After the Mexican American War he was sent to Keokuk Iowa to man the press for the secret societies slavery struggles there. He was chosen by the society to be the first Secretary of Nebraska Territory without one iota of experience in that area (Hidden Agenda). Then the radical republicans killed Francis Burt by poisoning him with feces in his drinking water (National Hotel Disease same thing). Thomas Cuming was made Governor by default(NOT THE PLAN) Cumming made his own investments near Omaha and Council Bluffs on both sides of the river and then made Omaha the Capitol City(Not the K.G.C. Plan, was supposed to be Nebraska City) Cuming died on March 12, 1858, at the age of 30. His Obituary reads" Thomas B. Cuming was the first Territorial Governor for Nebraska; he died at a fairly young age while on a visit to Omaha. He was originally buried on a local farm that was being used as a graveyard, since the town had no official burial site at the time. A year or so after this he was moved to Prospect Hill Cemetery, where he rested for many years. In the 1920's he was moved again to Holy Sepulchre.

I have read a personal letter from him to J.S. Morton of Nebraska City, in which he offers to Mr. Morton for no given reason 10 corner lots of his choosing in Omaha, the capitol city. It wasn't long after that letter was written that Mr Cumming was run over by an unnamed buggy in Omaha. He died a short time after.

OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. in my research today I found there is in the civil war collection of letters in LSU Baton Rouge they have a hand written copy of the first degree obligation of the K.G.C. I intend to get down there as soon as the heat is off. Don't particularly want to either shot or get in the middle of a riot. It can wait until later. I do wonder if it was a cheat sheet that was written out so one could memorize it. Kind of like a King Solomon. Makes me wonder how much more is written down and hid away in library collections.

As the above applies to your last post I would be interested to see if the was a under penalty of death clause in the obligation and they actually ment it. No one gets away with anything PERIOD.

Senior Deacon

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
It seems in any of these tales it ends up one way or another about money. To the players money is power. Power to do so many things. Sometimes for good but more often than not it's for bad.

With money/power you can change just about anything. An election, a war, who "wins", who lives who dies, how history is recorded, or what were the "facts". Follow the money trail see who made it when something happens. Who prospered because of an such, will lead you to your answers.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems in any of these tales it ends up one way or another about money. To the players money is power. Power to do so many things. Sometimes for good but more often than not it's for bad.

With money/power you can change just about anything. An election, a war, who "wins", who lives who dies, how history is recorded, or what were the "facts". Follow the money trail see who made it when something happens. Who prospered because of an such, will lead you to your answers.

That is what happened and why it happened most of the time. It's not the money that gives you power, it is the positions that the money persuades and the palms that are greased that give you the power. Their power plays were like every move on a chess board to achieve checkmate. Sometimes it took a whole game, and sometimes it only took one or two moves by the right men at the right time and in the right place. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/422243-how-k-g-c-o-k-used-u-s-government.html#post4073125
L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread