senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"AP" stated he used the Platonic Greek "dialogue" method for the Valleys... read his book, "M & D" and you will see it. "M & D" was given to ALL SR Bros, up to 1966... AND! It IS "on-line"; VERY "heavy" reading, tho! HH! Good Luck!

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent one exceptional cold and snowy Iowa winter reading M not& D. A Webster in one hand and M & D in the other. Heavy-duty for sure I wonder how many got thru it. Bet least than 3% at best. Have only found two other people that have read it cover to cover.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent one exceptional cold and snowy Iowa winter reading M & D. A Webster in one hand and M & D in the other. Heavy-duty for sure I wonder how many got thru it. Bet least than 3% at best. Have only found two other people that have read it cover to cover.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent one exceptional cold and snowy Iowa winter reading M & D. A Webster in one hand and M & D in the other. Heavy-duty for sure I wonder how many got thru it. Bet least than 3% at best. Have only found two other people that have read it cover to cover.

Senior Deacon

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Loot,
What you are seeing is a classic version of mixed symbols. The large animal head is jesuit/spanish/french, The metal and carvings are kgc (or some connected confederate party.) The drill holes could be either. The challenge will be to distinguish the two. They both used different means to an end.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to wonder why someone would go to all that trouble to drill those holes.a lot work for a hand drill and sledge. The sound it would make would attract some attention.

S.D.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Senior Deacon
Well. I did, cause I LOVE that ancient history & philosophy...

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Loot,
What you are seeing is a classic version of mixed symbols. The large animal head is jesuit/spanish/french, The metal and carvings are kgc (or some connected confederate party.) The drill holes could be either. The challenge will be to distinguish the two. They both used different means to an end.

Thanks for that info, tinhorn.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well. I did, cause I LOVE that ancient history & philosophy...

And now there are five of us. There is some very good things in that book. It is not a book of the devil as some try to portray. We read the bible as it tell us what the Creator says. We read M & D to tell us how to treat our fellow man and live as our Creator wants us to.

Senior Deacon

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
SD,
Why would they go through the trouble to drill holes? To establish a very exact compass line that would last for many years.

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
SD,
Why would they go through the trouble to drill holes? To establish a very exact compass line that would last for many years.

Something that won't change with time. I read you tinhorn.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SD,

Very true was thinking the same thing. Now I am going to throw you a curve ball. What if there were three in a triangular shape Or maybe five in a octagon? Looks like my thinking cap just came out of the box and will be headed to the kitchen to brew another pot of coffee. Grabbing my big pipe and a full pouch of tobacco may be a long night!!!!!!!

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Very true was thinking the same thing. Now I am going to throw you a curve ball. What if there were three in a triangular shape Or maybe five in a octagon? Looks like my thinking cap just came out of the box and will be headed to the kitchen to brew another pot of coffee. Grabbing my big pipe and a full pouch of tobacco may be a long night!!!!!!!

Senior Deacon

The rock that the drill holes in it is very large. It is at the top a ravine and the top is covered with moss and top soil. I only found one drillhole for sometime then after cleaning off the rock I found two more. I have only cleaned off about half of the rock. Next time I go out I'll clean off the entire rock and let you know what I find.

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any more rocks with drill holes? Across the ravine on top of the other side?

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
There are lots of rocks around there that I think could possibly be drillholes, but those 3 are the only ones that seem to be obviously man made. I'll try to attach some pictures of the other ones soon.

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be looking for more of the same man-made drill holes within a radius of your rock.

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Any more rocks with drill holes? Across the ravine on top of the other side?

Here are some pictures of other possible drillholes. I'm not sure if they are man made or not:

Line Rock.jpg

Spring Drillhole 3.jpg

Spring Rock Drill Holes 2.jpg

Drillhole Viking Mooring 2.jpg

Drillhole Square 2.jpg

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
S.D. - yes, triangles and squares seem to be the most common. But i believe crosses and diamond shapes have been found as well. They create a layout you will find in the treasure yard. It depends on where you find them on the trail, size, and what is in the vicinity. So you need to know where you are at on the trail to help determine the meaning.
LOOT - most of these are man made. The hash with drill hole rock will give you a compass degree and measurement to next symbol. The three drill holes that make the skull also has a pointer, get that compass line. The picture in between them, also has a pointer, get that line too. Then put it on paper and analyze what you have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread