Oct 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200314_135717.jpg

SEOK

Oct 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this one of those hoot owl trees trees, and if so is there a way to reading what it says? Not far from a famous fort of the Civil War.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you would take some more photos with the Sun shining on the tree from different angles especially the first 10 or 12 feet from the ground up, all the way around and some close-ups of the bent limb from different angles of Sunlight. So far I can see you need to look for something 48 yards to the Left of where this photo was taken.

SEOK

Oct 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200314_135800.jpg

Attachments

• 20200314_135852.jpg
    20200314_135852.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72

SEOK

Oct 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more pics, and another tree nearby. Will have to wait to get more pics.

SEOK

Oct 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And these two trees are about half mile away at an old house place.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most of that is telling of someone that served in the Civil War during 1861 thru 1865, either he went to D.C. with Jubal Early or his initials was D.C. I believe he was in the CSA. I see nothing of any directions or treasure other than my other post. If you could move to the lower left and take some photos from the ground up about four feet, there may be something there to read?

Signman

Feb 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi SEOK,
Franklin has better eyes than I do because I'm not sure I can make out a 'D.C.' Those carvings are pretty rough. I would suggest going to the paint department and getting a metal brush. Brush the carvings to clean off moss and lichens from the carvings. Do NOT do this if the tree is wet, it will destroy the carvings. If the tree is dry, it will clean them off nicely. Then trace the carvings with white chalk. Only trace the carvings, do not think they meant to carve something that is not there and put it there for them.

If you have a D.C. carved there, they are probably giving you a number. Most of the time when there are letters followed by what looks like a period, it is giving you a number. If you look at the tree snippet I post here, you will see a C.D.G. and they gave a bearing of 347 degrees with that.
Good luck,
Charles

0125291-23.jpg

mmm.jpg

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi SEOK,
Franklin has better eyes than I do because I'm not sure I can make out a 'D.C.' Those carvings are pretty rough. I would suggest going to the paint department and getting a metal brush. Brush the carvings to clean off moss and lichens from the carvings. Do NOT do this if the tree is wet, it will destroy the carvings. If the tree is dry, it will clean them off nicely. Then trace the carvings with white chalk. Only trace the carvings, do not think they meant to carve something that is not there and put it there for them.

If you have a D.C. carved there, they are probably giving you a number. Most of the time when there are letters followed by what looks like a period, it is giving you a number. If you look at the tree snippet I post here, you will see a C.D.G. and they gave a bearing of 347 degrees with that.
Good luck,
Charles

View attachment 1875131

View attachment 1875132

I guess that LOVE does not spell LOVE either does it? No compass hidden reading, only a lover's post.

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of that is telling of someone that served in the Civil War during 1861 thru 1865, either he went to D.C. with Jubal Early or his initials was D.C. I believe he was in the CSA. I see nothing of any directions or treasure other than my other post. If you could move to the lower left and take some photos from the ground up about four feet, there may be something there to read?

Good info!

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi SEOK,

Good luck,
Charles

View attachment 1875131

View attachment 1875132

Good info!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'LOVE' is giving another bearing. Let me know if you need me to explain it.

No I don't need an explanation. The sign speaks for itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions