Primary Interest:
Other
post.jpg

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loot I am most likely not the best to respond. I have a idea that they are not KGC. From what I know and have read you would have found a lot more scrap iron. The drill holes look more like someone needed a large piece of stone for some reason and cut one out of the rock by drilling holes and then chiseling out the piece. The marked rock could be but none of the marks that the KGC used most often. Maybe others can prove me wrong.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like it's a consensus NO.:censored: Since they are not K.G.C. Any tips on who could have made the signs or if they are even signs at all?

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loot I disagree with the consensus. I think you are doing everything right.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like it's a consensus NO.:censored: Since they are not K.G.C. Any tips on who could have made the signs or if they are even signs at all?
COULD be Outlaws/former CSA Rebels, who were once KGC... dunno. PROBABLY Outlaws "on the run"...

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOOT, I would feel confident that they are signs. If not KGC, I don't know...but they ARE signs. You may never know for sure which group or person is responsible, but that doesn't prevent you from decoding it.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loot in looking over the the rock I would say the square with the dot is significant. Could be a treasure map I am betting no KGC. If this in the Quashta (sp) mountains it may be in a valley between four mountains. Just some thoughts after reviewing the rock again.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Loot in looking over the the rock I would say the square with the dot is significant. Could be a treasure map I am betting no KGC. If this in the Quashta (sp) mountains it may be in a valley between four mountains. Just some thoughts after reviewing the rock again.

Senior Deacon

I'm glad someone else thinks the square with the dot is interesting. If I understand you correctly, the square may represent four markers and the dot could be the cache in relation to those four markers? That makes sense. Thanks for the tip deacon.

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
LOOT, I would feel confident that they are signs. If not KGC, I don't know...but they ARE signs. You may never know for sure which group or person is responsible, but that doesn't prevent you from decoding it.

Thanks miboje, I was just hoping if I could narrow down which group is known for these type of signs It could help me to decode them.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The square with the dot in it is showing a treasure is buried in a square box nothing more. You need to find a book on treasure symbols and their meanings like Rhoades or some of the other symbol books that contain old spanish, early English, pirate and others. As for the others you have not shown enough to make a decision one way or the other.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally understand, LOOT. I am in the exact same boat as you are. Someone else already mentioned getting yourself some good books on signs and symbols. You can also read through the numerous threads on signs and symbols in the KGC sub-forum, but also the more specific signs/symbols sub-forum. I think you will find that there are some similarities, but I also think you will not necessarily find all the same exact symbols on your site that are in the books and here. At least that has been my experience. However, studying will help you feel more confident, may help you decode some simpler stuff, and help you notice things you may overlook. I started studying back in March, and I am maybe halfway through all the available free reading material right here on this forum.

Thanks miboje, I was just hoping if I could narrow down which group is known for these type of signs It could help me to decode them.

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The square may represent a "section" of land, and the dot may represent where you are, or where you need to be.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The square itself could mean: 90 degrees, a ledge, a fire, earth, a shaft, a man made house or any man made structure, or it could mean a square fenced/ walled in area close by or you are inside it at that point. The dot could mean: one, one man-or grave, an object within the square(fence, house, wall,etc), or it could be a spring or water source. Just got to keep going until you get the right combo. Good luck. Most likely not a K.G.C. site, it looks much older to me, but what the heck do I know?
L.C.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. if we all give him a little he may not have to do a lot. That's the good part of these forums. We can exchange ideas and discuss subjects and relay news. We can bicker and quibble but it doesn't do anyone any good. As I have said here and on other forums. I like to think of myself as in ancient Greece sitting around a three tiered circle in hours of debate and discussion. Now that there is good stuff.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And drinking the Greek wine; sorta like the old campfire at night, owls hooting as we gather around & tell "tall tales", drinking "sock" coffee...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread