OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately Dardanelle Rock is loaded with graffiti. So anything you find there might be a little more modern than you think. This is up on top.

View attachment 1403806

Dan

I've seen that many times. Along with initials and dates carved in the side of the rock dated mid 1800s. I have pics somewhere I will try to upload later. Also found an old pick axe up there.

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately Dardanelle Rock is loaded with graffiti. So anything you find there might be a little more modern than you think. This is up on top.

View attachment 1403806

Dan

Btw, Dan I see you are from Dover. I found silver in Mocassin Creek, as confirmed by Arkansas Tech a couple weeks ago. Going back soon. Give me a holler if you care to join. I'm in London. Feel free to text me 479-477-2435 Ron

DanielFrew

May 31, 2015
Dover, Ar
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, Dan I see you are from Dover. I found silver in Mocassin Creek, as confirmed by Arkansas Tech a couple weeks ago. Going back soon. Give me a holler if you care to join. I'm in London. Feel free to text me 479-477-2435 Ron

Don't get on here very often and haven't noticed your comment. I will give you a shout.

DanielFrew

May 31, 2015
Dover, Ar
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Dardanelle

????1b.jpg

Attachments

• ????1b1.jpg
    ????1b1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 184

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Dan that's pretty interesting it's hard to make out the whole carving from the picture. Have you found any more mark in the general vicinity

DanielFrew

May 31, 2015
Dover, Ar
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back today and there isn't anything else that I could see around it. Without the sun on it you can see the carving is a fence on either end with a gate in the middle.

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, are there actual ashes or burnt earth in that structure? Could be a shrine if there are no ashes.

Also, could your "B" be the number 8?

Good luck. Spiral around.

Very good point. May be an 8, and absolutely no ashes in the fire pit. Also, it is strange that the initials are carved in limestone. Yet it is the only slab of limestone in that cave. Lots of huge boulders towards the back of the cave but mostly sandstone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions