• 1468416060275.jpg
    1468416060275.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 467

MissouriKGC

Jun 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"LB" "LW"...

Maybe not initials, maybe a code for locations. L would be the region, known as a Realm (For Example, the letter "F" was a code for Colorado and New Mexico, the letter "A" was a code for Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, the letter "K" was code for Mississippi and Louisiana, etc.). The second letters ("B" and "W") would be a more specific location, maybe a city within that region or a KGC castle. I do not know for sure, but I suspect that "L" is the realm that includes Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, and the Indian Territory (now Oklahoma).

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"LB" "LW"...

Maybe not initials, maybe a code for locations. L would be the region, known as a Realm (For Example, the letter "F" was a code for Colorado and New Mexico, the letter "A" was a code for Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, the letter "K" was code for Mississippi and Louisiana, etc.). The second letters ("B" and "W") would be a more specific location, maybe a city within that region or a KGC castle. I do not know for sure, but I suspect that "L" is the realm that includes Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, and the Indian Territory (now Oklahoma).

the letter K is a directional symbol, quit giving incorrect information

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it me or does L B and L W keep coming up on both rocks and trees on our quest? It seems like there is something a little odd about the frequency of these. Or is this a early form of Kilroy was here?

Senior Deacon

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That depends. The letters A through Q (with the exception of "D") were all used as locations at some point, some letters had other meanings as well.

trust me I have learned from the best and I tell no lies, but to each their own

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember analyzing it when I first found it. I wondered about the possibility of 2 guys out exploring a couple hundred years ago, who shared the same first initial. Larry, Leroy, etc. One thing to add here, the only way I could access the cave with the initials, was approx 3 stories up a thick vine. (I've always been athletic lol) In fact, it took me about 20 minutes to figure out how I was going to get up there. The giveaway that someone had once been there, was visible smoke charring on the ceiling of the bluff shelter, visible from a distance below. When I go back there, I will get more pics

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reptwar in giving this more thought the L may stand for a square or a 90 degree turn in direction. Just am not sure as I am not that knowledgeable in signs as some. Second letter might well be a direction to travel the B could be a combination of two directions like south and east or south, southeast. That is a little line of logic to follow up on.

If this is what it meant the first would be a 90 degree to the south east to the next marker and then a 90 degree turn to the west to the next maker and clue. Some body please prove me wrong. Logical as good as any.

Senior Deacon

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reptwar in giving this more thought the L may stand for a square or a 90 degree turn in direction. Just am not sure as I am not that knowledgeable in signs as some. Second letter might well be a direction to travel the B could be a combination of two directions like south and east or south, southeast. That is a little line of logic to follow up on.

If this is what it meant the first would be a 90 degree to the south east to the next marker and then a 90 degree turn to the west to the next maker and clue. Some body please prove me wrong. Logical as good as any.

Senior Deacon

I would suggest anyone chasing treasure to go look up Bart Jeppesen. I have personally spent time with this man and has not only taught me so much knowledge about signs and being out in the field but has personally shared stories with me that otherwise some people might think weren't true. He has written several books and they are truly needed if you are serious about the hobby! I will share one story with you all, last year I made the drive to Wyoming where he lives, spent 5 days at base camp with him. One night we were sitting around the fire and he mentioned of a time where he went into the Caballo mountains and was looking for a church treasure. He set up base camp at a undisclosed location and began the search, there was also a old guy in the genereal area that he came across and was asking what he was doing out there....he simply replied he was looking for a church treasure. Long story short, the old man never found what he was looking for, matter fact he spent over 25 years looking and nothing. Bart was there for 24 hours and had found it, underground church is what he relayed to me. Of course I was skeptical at first, but then he showed me exactly what he had found. A perfect size statue of St. Anthony, was some of the best sculpting I have ever seen, I had asked him how many statues were in that area, he told me there were 9 of them, but that 2 of them had already been taken. His of course and another man some time before him had found the area. The last remaining 7 statues were of solid gold, not even fibbing or joking around as im typing this. He let me hold the statue in my own hands, otherwise I would have never believed it. The guy Is my mentor, and he does offer great advice and is a awesome teacher. Check his books out, some of the best information out there right now!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest anyone chasing treasure to go look up Bart Jeppesen. I have personally spent time with this man and has not only taught me so much knowledge about signs and being out in the field but has personally shared stories with me that otherwise some people might think weren't true. He has written several books and they are truly needed if you are serious about the hobby! I will share one story with you all, last year I made the drive to Wyoming where he lives, spent 5 days at base camp with him. One night we were sitting around the fire and he mentioned of a time where he went into the Caballo mountains and was looking for a church treasure. He set up base camp at a undisclosed location and began the search, there was also a old guy in the genereal area that he came across and was asking what he was doing out there....he simply replied he was looking for a church treasure. Long story short, the old man never found what he was looking for, matter fact he spent over 25 years looking and nothing. Bart was there for 24 hours and had found it, underground church is what he relayed to me. Of course I was skeptical at first, but then he showed me exactly what he had found. A perfect size statue of St. Anthony, was some of the best sculpting I have ever seen, I had asked him how many statues were in that area, he told me there were 9 of them, but that 2 of them had already been taken. His of course and another man some time before him had found the area. The last remaining 7 statues were of solid gold, not even fibbing or joking around as im typing this. He let me hold the statue in my own hands, otherwise I would have never believed it. The guy Is my mentor, and he does offer great advice and is a awesome teacher. Check his books out, some of the best information out there right now!
You said the last remaining 7 are made of gold, the other two are not made of gold ? Just curious as to how it is known that there were a total of 9 originally ?

Thank you in advance

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said the last remaining 7 are made of gold, the other two are not made of gold ? Just curious as to how it is known that there were a total of 9 originally ?

Thank you in advance

the one he has is made of ivory, Im just basing that statement I made off of what he told me, I mean after all he was there lol. I am sure he didn't tell me everything, he likes to keep a lot of information to himself and I don't blame him one bit

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
SD,
I agree, we find these initials a lot. Sometimes when you find spanish corner markers there will be sets of initials set to verify/identify the plot or square league. I believe it is possible the kgc understood these markings. In fact, i'm sure they did. But your idea about working them in the immediate area is compelling. I would think L= 90 degrees, b=3, then 90 degrees and w=23. I will test it in the field, the key will be to test it in a place that has symbols from both groups.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinhorn I hope I am right and that it aids all. Sometimes the simplest explication is the right one. No need to make things more complicated then .they are. I have purchased many old ciphers from many old and some now defunct fraternities. Decoding has been another hobby of mine along with the different Morse codes which I still use in amateur radio to this day. Basically if you can read one of the ciphers you can read them all. The words you miss can be guessed at and will be right 95% of the time. The L in most of the old fraternal ciphers means Lodge but in some it means square which equals 90 degrees. No mystery just logic. LW, LB, LT,and LP have occurred on numerous trees, rocks, so we just got to decipher what those marks mean and move on from there.

Hope this explanation helps you understand where my logic comes from.

Senior Deacon

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
S.D. - I believe you may be right and started a collection of where I have seen those initials. I will try it in the field and let you guys know... but it might be after the ticks go to sleep!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread