Knights of the Golden Circle Researchers

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
I've started a Facebook page (Knights of the Golden Circle Researchers) on the Knights from the 1850 to 1865 time frame. It is not a treasure research site so it is not in competition with this site. We will discuss the Order of the Lone Star, KGC, OAK, and the SOL. Hopefully we can gain a better understanding of the Knights which may help you treasure hunters.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visited the page gave it a like hope to see more on it. Some will no doubt call it racists. That's what you get with the PJ's in the parents basement crowd.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel would rather soar like a eagle than cower like a shrew. By the way have you ever seen a eagle that could see both east and west at the same time.

On another note in visiting this Facebook page I did notice the emblem of the order. I find it's colors to be very interesting. Very similar to another order, odd don't you think?

Senior Deacon .:.

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
There is a picture of the KGC emblem Bickley wore in the Rules and Regs book. Also just put a letter from Ben McCullogh to Sam Houston on the page.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel would rather soar like a eagle than cower like a shrew. By the way have you ever seen a eagle that could see both east and west at the same time.

On another note in visiting this Facebook page I did notice the emblem of the order. I find it's colors to be very interesting. Very similar to another order, odd don't you think?

Senior Deacon .:.
Yes, I was Scottish Rite... WONDERFUL Eagles on "AP's" M & D. I had M & D with wings up or down; currently use M & D with PURPLE cover...

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knights of the East and West. That eagle is atop most stages in most valleys. Mostly called the Prussian eagle. Emblem of most of the Royal Houses in Europe during the 19th. Century. Also part of the 32 nd. and 33 rd. Degrees. Funny but it doesn't appear in any of the Templars work.

Now Rebel we have to do some really hard research in to the root cause of this. I do think that I do have the answer. I might by some study come up with some answers to the K.G.C. ritual if my guess is right. Coffee pot, and pipe which reminds me to order more of my favorite tobacco. No wonder I go thru the corn cob pipes as fast as I do.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Knights of the East and West. That eagle is atop most stages in most valleys. Mostly called the Prussian eagle. Emblem of most of the Royal Houses in Europe during the 19th. Century. Also part of the 32 nd. and 33 rd. Degrees. Funny but it doesn't appear in any of the Templars work.

Now Rebel we have to do some really hard research in to the root cause of this. I do think that I do have the answer. I might by some study come up with some answers to the K.G.C. ritual if my guess is right. Coffee pot, and pipe which reminds me to order more of my favorite tobacco. No wonder I go thru the corn cob pipes as fast as I do.

Senior Deacon
Masonic KT were part of the YORK RITE, not Scottish Rite... when I smoked my pipe with a glass of WHITE Wine, it was Capt. Black VANILLA... GREAT stuff. Don't smoke nor drink anymore... heh.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seems to be the answer. They followed the York Rite which at the time was the more popular of the two Rites. There is another reason which you can find in M & D. Until Pike made the S.R. The in thing to do most of the U.S. followed the York Rite. Think that Pike had influence of Free Masonry by the French from his time in New Orleans. This was right before the civil war that this took place. I would have a good hard look the Pickwick Club. Possibly a quasi Masonic organization or a place that KGC and Masonic brothers could mix in a social setting.

Senior Deacon

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Pickwick Club of New Orleans was early KGC meetings with Albert Pike, Judah P Benjamin and John Slidell, who shortly after held different positions in the Confederacy.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That seems to be the answer. They followed the York Rite which at the time was the more popular of the two Rites. There is another reason which you can find in M & D. Until Pike made the S.R. The in thing to do most of the U.S. followed the York Rite. Think that Pike had influence of Free Masonry by the French from his time in New Orleans. This was right before the civil war that this took place. I would have a good hard look the Pickwick Club. Possibly a quasi Masonic organization or a place that KGC and Masonic brothers could mix in a social setting.

Senior Deacon
That "FRENCH influence" was the Order of the Royal Secret (25 Degrees), which was incorporated into the 32 degrees "system" of the Scottish Rite. Of interest is that SOME Degrees (1-3) of the Scottish Rite, in New Orleans... ARE IN FRENCH!

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pickwick Club was one of the first Mardi Gras krews in New Orleans. A party time and cover for the KGC. This brings me to another point. The colors to Mardi Grad are the same colors of the consistory in the SR. All very gay (fun, party, good times) colors I might add. Gold, purple, blue, and green with red where needed. Yes we Mardi Gras in this part of Texas because we have a cajuns in this part of the state and we are very close to Louisiana. New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport are the three big Mardi Gras cities in Louisiana.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel only place in the United States that the old first three Red degrees are practiced. They should call the Grand Lodge of Louisiana the United Grand Lodge as there are both French and English charters still being uses.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel only place in the United States that the old first three Red degrees are practiced. They should call the Grand Lodge of Louisiana the United Grand Lodge as there are both French and English charters still being uses.

Senior Deacon
Well, there will NEVER be an UGLE in the USA (United Grand Lodge of England). EACH state, in the USA Grand Lodge want their own POWER! WHEW!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Look at it another way each state has the right to do what they want. No States rights issues. Even during the war of northern aggression. The lodges north and south showed no animosity only brotherhood. Here is a prime example. The Day the War Stopped - St. Francisville, Louisiana

Senior Deacon
GREAT info, Bro! My Dad had a Masonic funeral... IMPRESSIVE! He was Lodge Secretary for @ 35 years. I plan to be cremated, Cremains to be lofted off Loft Mountain Over-look on Blue Ridge Parkway... heh. Have Bob Dylan song in back-ground... "Blowing in the Wind". MAYBE, more later...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread