Knights of the Golden Circle, Order of American Knights, Freemasons and Kabbalah

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Taking that into consideration, I believe that any Confederate cache that was buried in the South could have only been maintained by the immediate K.G.C. members responsible for burying it that had survived the Civil War and the first few months after it ended without being fingered by the local chapters of the Red Strings or Union League, or some malevolent turncoat that wanted to get in good with the newly placed local Union official. The K.G.C. wasn't known to have "clandestine" meetings in the South until after Bickley's 1861 Raliegh speech and instructions, so they would have been pretty well known locally. Those Southern inner circle members lucky enough to be still standing after the war were feeling pretty exposed by then and most of them had the notion to tuck their tails and lay low to avoid drawing any attention. If they had a castle left it was most likely weekly fortified due to casualties and incarcerations. In the beginning, they were put under Martial Law that was being enforced by men looking for people with a bad attitude about it. I have to wonder about the loyalty of those men that were left in 1866 that had the knowledge of K.G.C. caches made under duress for security reasons, not for long term retribution or to be used for "the cause". With that many poor pissed off people standing around it would have been tough to do without very long. To me, it makes sense that the large caches in the South would have been recovered first and if desired they would have been laid out in a more permanent safer location for any long term storage. Why would wanted men want to hide their money in the part of the country where they were looking for them the most unless they were under duress and had not planned for evacuation by the time the bloodhounds were at the gate. Could they have really been that careless? Hard for me to believe the inner circle could have been that unprepared for what they had known was coming for almost a year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C., do YOU think that the KGC used the Kabbalah as a "Coding Device"...? If so; how...?

They used a method much like an Occultists in which conclusions are produced by applying reason to first principles or prior definitions rather than to empirical evidence. Just like Pike used Hermeticism and Alchemy. You could say "Exactly" even:laughing7: like it was written by the same guy!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
They used a method much like an Occultists in which conclusions are produced by applying reason to first principles or prior definitions rather than to empirical evidence. Just like Pike used Hermeticism and Alchemy. You could say "Exactly" even:laughing7: like it was written by the same guy!
LOL! WHAT...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Taking that into consideration, I believe that any Confederate cache that was buried in the South could have only been maintained by the immediate K.G.C. members responsible for burying it that had survived the Civil War and the first few months after it ended without being fingered by the local chapters of the Red Strings or Union League, or some malevolent turncoat that wanted to get in good with the newly placed local Union official. The K.G.C. wasn't known to have "clandestine" meetings in the South until after Bickley's 1861 Raliegh speech and instructions, so they would have been pretty well known locally. Those Southern inner circle members lucky enough to be still standing after the war were feeling pretty exposed by then and most of them had the notion to tuck their tails and lay low to avoid drawing any attention. If they had a castle left it was most likely weekly fortified due to casualties and incarcerations. In the beginning, they were put under Martial Law that was being enforced by men looking for people with a bad attitude about it. I have to wonder about the loyalty of those men that were left in 1866 that had the knowledge of K.G.C. caches made under duress for security reasons, not for long term retribution or to be used for "the cause". With that many poor pissed off people standing around it would have been tough to do without very long. To me, it makes sense that the large caches in the South would have been recovered first and if desired they would have been laid out in a more permanent safer location for any long term storage. Why would wanted men want to hide their money in the part of the country where they were looking for them the most unless they were under duress and had not planned for evacuation by the time the bloodhounds were at the gate. Could they have really been that careless? Hard for me to believe the inner circle could have been that unprepared for what they had known was coming for almost a year.
I think that they created LOCAL Mutual Aid Societies which became INSURANCE COMPANIES like WOW... MHO.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

In other words "if the shoe fit they stold it!"

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Continuing on... SR/SJ, Albert Pike; AP was known as the CHIEF ADEPT & had the Mystick Krewe in N.O., LA; taking the old French Rituals of the Order of the ROYAL SECRET (25 degrees "System"), with a combination of R+C Teachings (from France), Jewish Cabala, Hermetic Teachings, he created the degrees of the SR/SJ with the 1st 3 degrees to MASTER MASON in FRENCH! Degrees 4-32 is as TODAY, continuation from MASTER MASON; THAT is why I took the SR/SJ 4-32 degrees FIRST. I had a buddy Companion of the RAM, who was FBI & had training in N.O.; he was invited to experience the SR/SJ 1st 3 degrees in FRENCH. He was awed by it & gave us a presentation in our Research Lodge (AMD); I envied him, as I was also SR/SJ. Could have been KCCH, but went into a "locked-in" coma, after brain surgery; I was demitted from SR/SJ & Shrine in Richmond, Va.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
What about in Omaha Nebraska and the first Cryptic council?? "The Grand Lodge Of Nebraska was formed, in 1857, when the Masters and Wardens of three lodges organized a Grand Lodge for the then newly established Nebraska Territory. Those subordinate lodges were: Nebraska Lodge No. 184 (chartered from the Grand Lodge of Illinois), Giddings Lodge No. 156 (chartered from the Grand Lodge of Missouri) and Capitol Lodge No. 101 (chartered from the Grand Lodge Of Iowa). With the formation of the Grand Lodge, these three lodges went on to become: "Nebraska Lodge No. 1," "Western Star Lodge No. 2," and "Capitol Lodge No. 3,"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread