Knights of the Golden Circle, Order of American Knights, Freemasons and Kabbalah

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SR/SJ started as the Order of the Royal Secret in SC, as a 25 Degrees System; those degrees were incorporated into the 32 Degrees of current SR/SJ in mid-1860's I think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Back to OP; Kabbalah...? I do think that the "Tree of Life" was utilized... 32 paths; Scottish Rite/SJ Free-Masons 32 Degrees...? Hmmm...

Not an easy path to track! It all has to do with "when" and "who" was doing the talking. Hermetic Kabbalah

I know it was important to them because of a diary I read. The man was searching for answers in his own life, he had suffered a devastating loss and was looking for ways to get it back if that makes any sense. He evidently found what he was looking for because he made very sure that his achievements were in line with the universe so he could make the trip.

L.C.:icon_thumleft: Hermetic Kabbalah

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SR/SJ has it as the Rite of Perfection; Master of the Royal Secret is good, too.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not an easy path to track! It all has to do with "when" and "who" was doing the talking. Hermetic Kabbalah

I know it was important to them because of a diary I read. The man was searching for answers in his own life, he had suffered a devastating loss and was looking for ways to get it back if that makes any sense. He evidently found what he was looking for because he made very sure that his achievements were in line with the universe so he could make the trip.

VERY good "read", L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

THAT was his "JOB (as in the Bible) Experience"...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If one gets into the Kabbalah, you find 32 Paths of Wisdom, having to do with BRAIN SCIENCE... Right Brain/Left Brain. Abstract vs Creative "thinking/doing"; 32nd Degrees SR/SJ learn BALANCE. Gotta have a BALANCE & use BOTH sides of the BRAIN.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using both sides of your brain, you had better have control because it can cause Dementia.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SR/SJ has it as the Rite of Perfection; Master of the Royal Secret is good, too.
Separate "Lodge"; Lodge of Perfection is Degrees 11-14. known as the INEFFABLE Degrees, my 14th Degree Ring is Gold with the YOD (Hebrew symbol) in a Triangle... NEAT! 8-) Sunny out & 31 degrees, a HEAT WAVE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Those of us, as 32nd Degrees SR/SJ Free-Masons, learn that BALANCE is KEY...

You reckon that is why the K.G.C. included a Balance on a compass point Rebel? 8-)

compass and scales.jpg Gantt scales.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks to me like the scales would be a symbol of "justice" or retribution?

In this case, it was a public symbol of Justice and a K.G.C. symbol for GOLD. Directly under it is where a jar with a coded letter, cipher, skeleton key, and a coded lead cross left by them were found in 1971. The man was appointed by Abe Lincoln to his judicial bench and was not considered to be a friend of the K.G.C. He was a thorn in their side, and for that reason, he was dug up from where he was planted first and moved to this spot to be used as a signpost by the K.G.C. after he was dead. They were funny like that.

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The point I was driving at when I started this thread was that there was a very strong connection between the following
Kabbalists beliefs
Hermetic Tree of Life
Hermetic Alchemy
Hermeticism
Albert Pike
Freemasonry and its rituals, treaties, symbolism etc.

What I think brought it about in this instance is, their strong beliefs based on this:
" And Man from Light and Life changed into soul and mind - from Life to soul, from Light to mind. And thus continued all the sense-world's parts until the period of their end and new beginnings."

I have become pretty convinced that these fellas wholeheartedly believed that they would return to reap what they had sewn on (or in?)the Earth during their lifetime. In essence, they believed, once you are born and your soul is created,[ it will always be rising in the East and setting or Westing in the West just like the Sun dies every night only to be reborn every morning. That is also why the went to great lengths to place everything that they built or designed, including their burial plots in line with the Universe so they could find their way to and fro twice a year during the Summer and Winter Solstices.

P.S. This not to say ALL K.G.C. or O.A.K. members did this or believed this way, but some of the ones we are dealing with did, and I am wondering if it rings true elsewhere or is it just a local thing?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Reaping what you sow"; it PROBABLY "rings" world-wide in various ways, like the GOLDEN RULE. It has to do with planting seeds, "weeding" & watering; then... THE HARVEST!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread