KGC Codes and Conspiracies tonight

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel they had on a bunch of college professors who gave KGC junior high. Nothing that I haven't heard before and couldn't expand upon. A little disappointed but looking at the audience they want to be entertained. That they succeed at. I thought the first quarter of the program was the best. Light history and good historic photos. Guess when you study KGC PhD you can get disappointed fast. They concentrate on the northern copperheads of Pennsylvania and Maryland and forgot the Order of the Lone Star the filibuster into Mexico and several other key points that I would have made. But how much can you shove into 45 minutes. I don't think they talked of any treasure once. I can give it a solid C.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
I enjoyed it. Dave Keehn did good in it. Rebel you can watch it if you download the Amazon Video app and buy the episode on amazon which cost abt $2 or $3.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel they had on a bunch of college professors who gave KGC junior high. Nothing that I haven't heard before and couldn't expand upon. A little disappointed but looking at the audience they want to be entertained. That they succeed at. I thought the first quarter of the program was the best. Light history and good historic photos. Guess when you study KGC PhD you can get disappointed fast. They concentrate on the northern copperheads of Pennsylvania and Maryland and forgot the Order of the Lone Star the filibuster into Mexico and several other key points that I would have made. But how much can you shove into 45 minutes. I don't think they talked of any treasure once. I can give it a solid C.

Senior Deacon
Thanks, Bro!

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is David Keehn one of us. Sorry if I sounded harsh in my review. When you read and study as much as I do on this subject you get a little jaded. I am like the little old grandma in the Wendy's commercial " Where's the Beef ". Guess you have to remember that the bun, lettuce, tomato and condiments each adds something to the whole. Don't get me wrong I was entertained. That's what Television is all about.

Senior Deacon

PhillyJack

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kheen's Book is Excellent and Well Researched

Rebel,

Dave's book is extremely well researched. Perhaps too much so, as it can come across a bit dry at times. Dave does not believe the KGC buried treasure . . . we (Dave and I) have had e-mail conversations about that. I told Dave my new book would change his mind, and he was looking forward to reading it. P.S.: My book does go into the OLS and the schemes to invade Mexico, Cuba, and other parts of Latin America. I believe the 5,000 gold coins in my book were going to be used in the operation to take Cuba, and that some of the coins may have come from the OLS when the Baltimore chapters of the OLS and KGC were merged into the new and improved KGC.

cover4.jpg

PhillyJack

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have a chapter about Jesse and his ties to the KGC. I also noted that while Allan Pinkerton followed and investigated many of the KGC members in Baltimore who opposed Lincoln, he later also attempted to arrest Jesse and Frank. That resulted in the unfortunate incidents of Pinkerton men being killed and Jesse's mother and stepbrother being bombed in their house. My book also explores the link between Jesse and the treasure later found at Victorio Peak, NM. I believe Sheriff Timberlake, who had served under Gen. Jo Shelby, was also KGC.

DocNoss.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread