Tree Carving: Possible KGC Relationship?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Franklin. Interesting. I wish I had your knowledge!
Yes, there is a ridge, however if would be to the left from where this pic was taken.
From the first pic I took, the ridge would be directly behind you..... and to the right would be west.
Do you mean to look to the right close to the tree, maybe around the base? Or just keep going right until you came to something else? Going this direction leads you to a line of several more beech trees with carvings.

Yes, go to the right. The "pistol' looking scar Rebel KGC mentioned is pointing to the right. Also there is a backwards letter written "E" and it is saying to go to the right. The treasure could be at this tree but you will have to follow the signs to the next carvings or signs on the other beech trees. The trees could take you else where or they could bring you back to that tree. I believe it is going to lead you eventually to a "Master Tree" that will tell you where the treasure is located. Also make a hand drawing of the location of the trees sometimes it is in the geometrical center of the other trees. If the trees are in a letter "J" shape then the treasure will be buried at the top of the letter "J" or in the top of the hook of the letter "J" Show some more signs on the other trees if they do not give your location away. I may be able to give you the location of the treasure.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo,:coffee2:just survey markers,nothing more,:laughing7:np:cat::cat:

Not just markers. What does the letters "MONE" with a fifth letter scar mean to you? Of course "MONEY"

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not just markers. What does the letters "MONE" with a fifth letter scar mean to you? Of course "MONEY"
Amigo,no not money or honey, not even funny,you cant make something out of nothing,besides what proof do you have that the KGC even did anything like that ,nothing factual,:dontknow:np:cat:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now it's getting deep. I guess with modern technology it's still plausible that decedent's of the KGC are going around keeping up their tree marking and expecting it to remain a secret.

I'm pretty sure they would have A: Found a better place to hide their treasures. B: come up with a better way, cough cough GPS, to map the locations of their secret treasures. C: Dug melted and cashed in long ago.

I have no doubt that there are burried caches still to be discovered and marked trees were useful back then. However I think people need to look at tree markings and such logically. What I see in the original pics is two young lovers initials, some scrape marks, and what looks like a brush hog or something scared the bottom.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now it's getting deep. I guess with modern technology it's still plausible that decedent's of the KGC are going around keeping up their tree marking and expecting it to remain a secret.

I'm pretty sure they would have A: Found a better place to hide their treasures. B: come up with a better way, cough cough GPS, to map the locations of their secret treasures. C: Dug melted and cashed in long ago.

I have no doubt that there are burried caches still to be discovered and marked trees were useful back then. However I think people need to look at tree markings and such logically. What I see in the original pics is two young lovers initials, some scrape marks, and what looks like a brush hog or something scared the bottom.

That's the way the KGC always did their markings and signs. They always placed them out in plain view for everyone to see. But only one will come along and know the true meaning. mimoje keep the faith and keep looking in that area. I believe it to be a missing army payroll.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wouldn't any treasure known to current KGC org have been moved into an interest-bearing savings account ? At least, that would be the smart thing to do, right?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't any treasure known to current KGC org have been moved into an interest-bearing savings account ? At least, that would be the smart thing to do, right?

The KGC org as you call them do not know where these treasures are how can they recover them to place in a bank for interest? The maps to the treasures was entrusted to one man and he passed away in the 1880's. He did however make it known on several trees and the individual that can read the signs and carvings can recover the treasures. This way he told no one according to his oath the finder has to earn it.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in short this whole KGC burried treasure legend started with a bit of truth, and has morphed into more of a religion than anything. People start to make it up as they go to justify their own lack of logical thinking. As time goes on the story has less and less basis in fact and therfore becomes a myth. And just like with any religion there will always be people who choose to believe in something they can't prove, and no amount of fact based evidence will ever convince them otherwise.

Again I don't doubt the possibility of the existence of these lost caches, I'm just encouraging people to think critically and realistically.

Happy hunting.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in short this whole KGC burried treasure legend started with a bit of truth, and has morphed into more of a religion than anything. People start to make it up as they go to justify their own lack of logical thinking. As time goes on the story has less and less basis in fact and therfore becomes a myth. And just like with any religion there will always be people who choose to believe in something they can't prove, and no amount of fact based evidence will ever convince them otherwise.

Again I don't doubt the possibility of the existence of these lost caches, I'm just encouraging people to think critically and realistically.

Happy hunting.

No actually for me it started as a myth and became the truth when I found what I found. If only I could recover them. Their treasures are so huge and so immense you can not recover them yourself. You can not even get to them without deep pockets to start with that is the reason most of these caches are recovered by the already wealthy.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What are the obstacles that require deep pockets to overcome? Are you alluding to treasure buried on public or private lands that require the purchase of someone's consent to allow it's recovery ?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about other cases but my own is rather different and very difficult. We found where maps are located to 58 depositories of gold and silver, the smallest of these 58 depositories contain over 40 tons of gold both in bars and coins. Some of the larger ones contain upwards of hundreds of tons. We have for the soon to be six years been unable to over come US Government red tape. We have tried to give them all 58 treasures for a finder's fee. There is enough gold in these 58 treasures to more than pay off our National Deficit and that is what we have tried to do but no one in Washington, D.C. is listening. You know it is hard to listen when all they do is run their mouths. One thing is certain they have been found. I heard rumors of these maps from a 33 degree Master Mason in South Carolina. He told us what was involved and what he had seen on paper but did not where the grave was nor the name on the grave. He believed it to be on the Broad River in South Carolina but we found it here in Virginia not more than 20 odd miles from my home.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about other cases but my own is rather different and very difficult. We found where maps are located to 58 depositories of gold and silver, the smallest of these 58 depositories contain over 40 tons of gold both in bars and coins. Some of the larger ones contain upwards of hundreds of tons. We have for the soon to be six years been unable to over come US Government red tape. We have tried to give them all 58 treasures for a finder's fee. There is enough gold in these 58 treasures to more than pay off our National Deficit and that is what we have tried to do but no one in Washington, D.C. is listening. You know it is hard to listen when all they do is run their mouths. One thing is certain they have been found. I heard rumors of these maps from a 33 degree Master Mason in South Carolina.Carroll Electric is going to split the credits for us!!! He told us what was involved and what he had seen on paper but did not where the grave was nor the name on the grave. He believed it to be on the Broad River in South Carolina but we found it here in Virginia not more than 20 odd miles from my home.

As I said, it just keeps getting deeper and deeper.
FYI the last degree of Freemasonry to even have "Master" in its title is the 20th.
And no 33rd Degree Sovereign Grand Inspector General would ever be so loose lipped.
It's hard to lend credibility to someone telling a fable built on such easily discredited information.
My suggestion would be to get a truck load and live happily ever after.
I have a truck if you need help ;)

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How high is your mason or templar's that have a long staff in their home and can go to any lodge? That's how high he was as for 33rd that was my own guess. But he was and is a very wise man. He revealed no secrets other than the things he had ran across at different lodges and how one man from England flew over and dug open an1863 grave of a private in the 5th South Carolina. That grave is still dug open. This man flew over and wanted to know where this grave was because this researcher had found a coded message in the National Archives while researching Revolutionary War Archives. He gave the coded message to bright young man that made possible for the first moon landing. They say he dug up gold from the grave which was rumored by other people. But anyway this was a man of high intelligence. As for you saying discredited information, nothing you or anyone else can say anything that will take away my knowledge of knowing what I have accomplished. NOTHING.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great, and I don't want to discourage anyone from their search. I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else. However the original topic was a cut up tree trunk.

Since you asked: I spent a portion of my early childhood being raised by a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Freemason who's now 90 years young and a highly regarded member of the community. I am not a freemason but I know enough to not believe every "rumor".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great, and I don't want to discourage anyone from their search. I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else. However the original topic was a cut up tree trunk.

Since you asked: I spent a portion of my early childhood being raised by a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Freemason who's now 90 years young and a highly regarded member of the community. I am not a freemason but I know enough to not believe every "rumor".

No rumor fact!

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's think about this for just a second. If the tree is ~150 years old, and the KGC existed during the Civil War which ended over 150 years ago, why, how, could or even would they have mark such a tiny tree (considering it had even sprouted). And how would such a marking be so easy to read today?

Not all trappers wear fur hats.
L.C.

new jobs 080.JPG new jobs 082.JPG anchor on gunsight tree.jpg clothe map 008.JPG Gunsight tree #2.jpg

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
So here are a couple things I know. You can believe it or not.

The KGC wasn't a masonic group per se. The KGC members were masons for the most part because they were their brothers. They knew they could trust masons. So you could say KGC was a subgroup of the masons, but not a group within the masons. In other words if you talk to a mason today, he probably knows nothing about the KGC because they weren't affiliated. If you were a member of this organization, and you needed more members, you might recruit your son, grandson, or a trusted masonic brother.

The KGC does still exist in small part today in some areas, so to see carvings, you cannot assume that it was created 150 years ago. As someone mentioned, they still are active in some places and they 'maintain' the carvings and markers there. I have a picture of a very old 'pointer tree (some refer to them as hoot owl trees) and it was dying and rotting away. A couple of feet over from it was another pointer tree which was obviously much younger that was pointing in the same direction which appeared to be a replacement for the rotting tree. Here is but just one example of this.
DSCN0017.JPG

As for 'would the carvings be way up in the air', the tree grows on top of itself so the carvings stay where they were put. In the south they used beech trees, the smooth bark replenishes itself as it lives in a way that does a pretty good job of retaining the carvings. Other areas that don't have beech trees but do have Aspen trees, these are used. They aren't as good at holding the carvings.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic HossKGC, There are KGC sentinels still around today. Some of the carvings in Danville are from the 1930's and some are from 1865. Some are in power in cities, counties and state and they keep anyone from bothering anything. Most KGC treasures are buried on land where you can not get access. They are too large, too deep to get to without permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions