Tree Carving: Possible KGC Relationship?

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm putting this picture back up, along with some others at the site, so that hopefully we can make some progress. This property is bordered by state game land, so there is the chance that that is where the trail ends.
There is a small cave about a quarter mile away, within walking distance. We detected in the cave and found nothing.
ridge tree 2.png

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The previous tree appears to be the start of the trail. When I had this tree pic posted before, some said it was the map tree. Going the direction of the pointer at the bottom of the tree, there is a line of three more carved trees. This tree is the one that seems to indicate change of direction.
may 12.jpg
And that one seems to lead to this one, which is the last one we have found.
ridge tree, por.jpeg
ridge tree, fish or snakes.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you used a probe around any of the trees? If not, try a 4' probe and work your way around the trees from the trunk to 4' out. Try the probe in the cave too if you haven't. I use a pointed end T handle steel rod with a rubber tip.

Sometimes things were put in stone cups like milk glass or similar or crocks with a thick flat slab of rock or even a pretty large round rock on top that your Detector might not pick up on.

Good Luck Mib,

Kace

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you used a probe around any of the trees? If not, try a 4' probe and work your way around the trees from the trunk to 4' out. Try the probe in the cave too if you haven't. I use a pointed end T handle steel rod with a rubber tip.

Sometimes things were put in stone cups like milk glass or similar or crocks with a thick flat slab of rock or even a pretty large round rock on top that your Detector might not pick up on.

Good Luck Mib,

Kace

Hi Kace. Thank you for the tips. We have a probe. The cave floor only has a bit of soil on top, then solid rock underneath. We did detect it but found nothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread