Albert Pike? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: Albert Pike?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    7543 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker Colt View Post
    That blog post makes a lot of claims but doesn’t source any of them. The KGC was a masonic front organization? Really? Just from my Texas Grand Lodge research most of the known members of the KGC do not show up in the Grand Lodge returns. P. T. Beauregard was initiated as a knight? What’s the source for that?
    Blog says “AfterLincoln unexpectedly ordered a national mobilization to crush the rebellion, the Knights of the Golden Circle engaged in paramilitary and espionage operations in the North, along with parallel and successor groups under different names — none, however, publicly carried its proper name: Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry”
    The Scottish Rite is the KGC? I have no doubt that some members of the KGC were also members of the Scottish Rite but that is a heck of a jump to claim that they are the same organization.

Blog says “All in all, eleven southern states seceded from the Union, yet the Confederate flag had 13 stars, a sacred Masonic number, signaling to those who understood that the secession of the Southern states was motivated by the Knights Templar’s Southern Jurisdiction of Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.”

Thirteen states seceded not just eleven. Secession Acts of the Thirteen Confederate States
    The Confederate Congress passed an act to admit Missouri into the Confederate States on Nov 28, 1861 which made it the 12th state and on Dec 10, 1861 they admitted Kentucky as the 13th state.
    If people are going to make claims like these about the KGC then they need to source them out. That’s the problem I have with the “conspiracy theory” side of KGC research is that they just make claims and never back them up.

As for my original post there is no definitive proof Pike was a member. Not yet, but I'm hoping to find it.
    You are correct. I have seen a lot of rehashing over and over from one story to the other but no documentation to back it up. If those KGC records were sealed until 1916, where are the records now. Where is all of Bickley's letters and records, or Albert Pike or any member of the KGC. I have not been able to find anything other than where people infiltrated the KGC and wrote stories about them. But, then again no documents or sources to back up their claims. We know the KGC existed but were is any of their records?

Jun 2007
    15415 times
    Don't think that the KGC would leave behind "Records"... ONLY the Feds & MAJOR Universities (Scholars) would have such; I like University of Texas "on-line" for some stuff (sorta 2nd/3rd hand info). HA! What does a KGC "pin" look like...?

us
    Oct 2009
    Texas
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    You are correct. I have seen a lot of rehashing over and over from one story to the other but no documentation to back it up. If those KGC records were sealed until 1916, where are the records now. Where is all of Bickley's letters and records, or Albert Pike or any member of the KGC. I have not been able to find anything other than where people infiltrated the KGC and wrote stories about them. But, then again no documents or sources to back up their claims. We know the KGC existed but were is any of their records?
    The only Bickley records that I've seen are held in the Bickley Papers at NARA. We also have newspaper articles that he wrote. Most of the KGC communications was done through newspapers. We know who the leadership were and some other members, we know where some castles were located and in some cases who the captain was. But most of what we know about them is through Bickley's writings and newspapers and the exposÚs. The claim that they ended in 1916 is undocumented as well. Bickley released members from their obligations during the war and he said they would hold a meeting in I believe 1870 but he died before that. Any information after that about the KGC carrying on after the war as an organization is undocumented. There were a few castles that carried on after the war but no one knows for how long.

Jul 2014
    Humboldt, Iowa
    885 times
    Walker Colt As you may know I live in Harrison County Texas. We are famous for many things here. First Railroad in Texas, the Birthplace of Boogie Woogie music. One of the other things we were known for was Marshall was the center for the early cotton production in Texas. This was the very early big money boom
    In the area. Money will draw in many different types of people. Some good others unscrupulous. The money attracting Bickley. The States rights, cheap labor, big profit of king cotton went hand in hand with the politics and philosophy of Bickley's KGC. He needed the money and the locals like Greer, Starr, Scott, Youree and a few more early families could well supply a good amount to help him out with his early year filibustering plans in to Mexico.

In my research into the local history of the KGC it seems that in 1858-59 when Bickley spent 6 months in and around Marshall it turns out that both he and General Greer would give interviews to the local newspapers to get out more of there views. It was the Facebook of there day. The interviews given to the Marshall Flag and the Marshall Democrat were sent all over Texas and Louisiana in dispatches to be printed in other papers. Remember Marshall was important because it was a cotton production center and had one of the first telegraphy into northeast Texas. Now the only documents that I have about the KGC is zero. But the Flag and Democrat were full of stories of brilliant speeches that Bickley and Greer gave and the opinion that they held. Who were the other members of the castle? We can speculate but don't know for sure.

Walker Colt has done a good job in putting together a list of most likely and for sure on his Facebook page. One of the only Facebook pages that I visit. If you haven't been to his virtual graveyard please take time and do so.

This is one of the problems in linking Pike and others to the KGC. They did a good job of hiding themselves in plain sight. A few of the big bugs and social elites are named the rest is just a wag at best. One of the best ways to figure out who was who was to see who was named in the local papers when it came to throwing out the carpet baggers out of town. These men were members of KGC and the depending where you were the committee of public safety, or the Democratic union and several other public groups that defended the old southern way of life and preserving the white power base. The castles were no doubt active after the the war another the time of reconstruction. Those at the very top went from KGC to O.A.K. to Robber Barons,to giants and titans of industry to the crony capitalists of Today.

Ain't it funny how Time slips away.

Senior Deacon

elh

Aug 2015
    554 times
    Senior Deacon, very good post about Texas. I am with you as far as knowing for sure about Albert Pike. I have read some of his Morals and Dogma, AND, if
    for no other reason than the use of numbers in those papers, I believe he was KGC through and through.
    Merry Christmas and happy new year - Holidays is no word in my vocabulary. Lets keep it '' anti politically correct ''.

us
    Oct 2009
    Texas
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by senior deacon View Post
    Walker Colt As you may know I live in Harrison County Texas. We are famous for many things here. First Railroad in Texas, the Birthplace of Boogie Woogie music. One of the other things we were known for was Marshall was the center for the early cotton production in Texas. This was the very early big money boom
    In the area. Money will draw in many different types of people. Some good others unscrupulous. The money attracting Bickley. The States rights, cheap labor, big profit of king cotton went hand in hand with the politics and philosophy of Bickley's KGC. He needed the money and the locals like Greer, Starr, Scott, Youree and a few more early families could well supply a good amount to help him out with his early year filibustering plans in to Mexico.

In my research into the local history of the KGC it seems that in 1858-59 when Bickley spent 6 months in and around Marshall it turns out that both he and General Greer would give interviews to the local newspapers to get out more of there views. It was the Facebook of there day. The interviews given to the Marshall Flag and the Marshall Democrat were sent all over Texas and Louisiana in dispatches to be printed in other papers. Remember Marshall was important because it was a cotton production center and had one of the first telegraphy into northeast Texas. Now the only documents that I have about the KGC is zero. But the Flag and Democrat were full of stories of brilliant speeches that Bickley and Greer gave and the opinion that they held. Who were the other members of the castle? We can speculate but don't know for sure.

Walker Colt has done a good job in putting together a list of most likely and for sure on his Facebook page. One of the only Facebook pages that I visit. If you haven't been to his virtual graveyard please take time and do so.

This is one of the problems in linking Pike and others to the KGC. They did a good job of hiding themselves in plain sight. A few of the big bugs and social elites are named the rest is just a wag at best. One of the best ways to figure out who was who was to see who was named in the local papers when it came to throwing out the carpet baggers out of town. These men were members of KGC and the depending where you were the committee of public safety, or the Democratic union and several other public groups that defended the old southern way of life and preserving the white power base. The castles were no doubt active after the the war another the time of reconstruction. Those at the very top went from KGC to O.A.K. to Robber Barons,to giants and titans of industry to the crony capitalists of Today.

Ain't it funny how Time slips away.

Senior Deacon

Thank you S. D., The people I list as KGC are identified as KGC by newspapers or known members in the 1850s and 60s. I would like to add Pike to the list but really all he has going for him as a member is that he was a secessionist and a former know-nothing. As much as Bickley was a braggart you would think that he would have mentioned Pike as a member in a newspaper or speech to drum up support and new initiates but nothing has been found.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    7543 times
    Well I personally believe Albert Pike was a senior member of the KGC. And I will believe it until I can find proof to either prove it or disapprove it.

us
    Oct 2009
    Texas
    146 times
    When researching the KGC we need to stick with the Historical Method which is a methodology that is not used by most conspiracy theorists. At this time there is no primary sources that says that he was a member. There are primary sources that tell us who some of the leaders were and Pike isn't listed. Was he a member? I have no idea. But as a historian I cannot make truth claims that I cannot back up with primary source evidence or some kind of inference to the best explanation. Not all filibusters, secessionists, or confederates were KGC.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    17186 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Well I personally believe Albert Pike was a senior member of the KGC. And I will believe it until I can find proof to either prove it or disapprove it.
    Albert Pike did associate with those of the KGC that were involved in the Confederate government.

Jun 2007
    15415 times
    Y'all DO know that Albert Pike ALSO wrote Songs & Poetry, don't ya...? I had one of his old book; think it is still available in paperback; are they "coded"...? MAYBE! COULD reveal KGC membership via "wordings"... dunno.
    franklin, ECS, L.C. BAKER and 1 others like this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Nebraska City, Nebraska
    4445 times
    K.G.C. Cache
    Knights of the Golden Circle The rising Sun Symbols that represent what for Freemasons?.....and also represent what for the K.G.C.? Attachment 1394201 Attachment 1394202 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	past_masters_jewel_1775_1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	282.2 KB 
ID:	1394205
    On Dec. 24th 1865, "Kuklos" was used by who? to represent what? Why was it chosen?

Attachment 1394203
    You may also want to study Pike's knowledge and the use of it by the K.G.C. in the set up of one of their most important sites. It could all be a coincidence that spans 100's of years and is spread between three different secret societies. What do you see? Where did this picture come from?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pike.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1394204

It would be hard to prove to the common laymen, but the initiated and the well studied will see the truth if they look for it.
    L.C.
    Last edited by L.C. BAKER; Dec 23, 2016 at 10:56 PM.
    "HISTORY IS A PACK OF LIES AGREED UPON " Napoleon Bonaparte

Jul 2014
    Humboldt, Iowa
    885 times
    My, my , L. C. Look at the shape of the picture of the double headed figure with a compass in one hand and a square in the other. Then think of the sun in the tomb that you have posted several times in the Nebraska City cemetery. It's starting to all come together. Cause and effect, chain of events, all this chaos makes prefect sense. Some times we can see the forest for the trees.
    L.C. BAKER and Rebel - KGC like this.

Jun 2007
    15415 times
    Well, Freemasons DO have a KGC... Knights of the Grand Cross; BRIT, I think... AND! Wasn't Pike a FreeMasonic Knight Templar, with "fancified get-ups" & a Sword...? Seen a "pix" of him SOMEWHERE. Ppl seeing such coulda assumed a KGC "connection".

Jun 2007
    15415 times
    AP was a Knight Templar of FreeMason; "google" When Templar Swords Clash; INTERESTING! Gotta remember Cryptic Rite Masonry, ALSO; yes, AP was Cryptic Rite Mason...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jan 16, 2017 at 08:33 AM.
    L.C. BAKER and Honest Samuel like this.

Jul 2014
    Humboldt, Iowa
    885 times
    Rebel he was a York Rite Mason before he was introduced into the Scottish Rite. At one time in America York Rite was wide spread. Every other town had a Chapter some a council. In Iowa at least because I am most familiar there was a Chapter, Council and Commandary in every other county seat. In my home lodge we had York Rite members from four different chapters in the four adjoining counties. Depending on what part of the county you lived in as to where you joined. I lived in the center of the county and joined the largest of the bodies which happened to be in Ft. Dodge. Sadly most have turned in their charters and now it is a drive to attend York Rite.
    L.C. BAKER and Rebel - KGC like this.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links