OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
...and Teddy's mother's brothers were part of CSA Sec of State Judah P Benjamin's foreign service in England, a second cousin once removed was a CSA Brig Gen Robert Bullock from Ocala.
...and where did Teddy and his Rough Riders visit before arriving in Tampa before shipping out?

Add Paul Morton to the rough rider mix also. He picked the Rough Riders up around the states on his private train more than once. Teddy spoke of missing it once and how disappointing it was for him. It was a yearly reunion when they got older.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. BAKER:

Thank you! I had never heard TR's voice before. Sounds like I thought it would.

I made a mistake concentrating on the source (the platform of the Progressive Party) and not the meaning. It is quite clear, from the text and the context, that Mr. Roosevelt was referring to monopolies and other very large trusts.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Thank you for the chance to present what I have to offer. We gain leaps when we work together, I truly believe that is the answer to getting the answers. :thumbsup::occasion14:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, SOME of those very large TRUSTS & Monopolies became INSURANCE Companies "connected" to the Order of American Knights...

Excellent point Rebel. This is the Company I would like to draw everyones attention to first.
Equitable sun.jpeg

and its former president who was Teddy Roosevelt's Sec. of the Navy. A man we have mentioned in many other conversations. Julius Sterling Morton's son Paul Morton the former President of the Santa Fe and the Colorado Fuel and Coal co. which is interesting when you google it and include Teddy Roosevelt or Jay Gould and J.P. Morgan. Hell you can include all three of them and get the same story and court hearings including a Presidential block by Teddy himself to protect any further exposure of the secret society and it's methods of receiving kick backs to the O.A.K. coffers.

Great Stuff! :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just read on Wiki about HEAD-STONES; Wood-Men of the World (Life Insurance) had Tree Stumps, Anchors, Ivy, etc. on their HEAD-STONES. WHERE have I seen THAT, before...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Add Paul Morton to the rough rider mix also. He picked the Rough Riders up around the states on his private train more than once. Teddy spoke of missing it once and how disappointing it was for him. It was a yearly reunion when they got older.:thumbsup:
Were Teddy's Rough Riders, former KGC "soldiers"...?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Were Teddy's Rough Riders, former KGC "soldiers"...?

Good question Rebel. I will do my best to try and prove that it is very likely that the group was brought about by the O.A.K., because the K.G.C. was informally disbanded in 1863 and the O.A.K. was born.

Before becoming President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt was the Assistant Secretary of the Navy. He resigned that position in 1898 and organized the Rough Riders, the first voluntary cavalry in the Spanish-American War, The U.S. was fighting against Spain over Spain's colonial policies with Cuba. In the Early 1850's the Knights of the Golden Circle had a proposal to expand the number of states that used slaves for labor. The group had envisioned the annexation of several areas, one of which was (coincidentally?) Cuba where the headquarters of the K.G.C. would be eventually established by the order. Roosevelt recruited a diverse group of cowboys, miners, law enforcement officials, and Native Americans to join the Rough Riders which was a nickname given to the "1st United States Volunteer Cavalry," The Rough Riders was the only one of the three units that were raised to actually see any action. All of the " volunteers" were gathered from four Southern areas: Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. If you want to believe the so called history books....... "They were gathered mainly from the south because the hot climate region that the men were used to was similar to that of Cuba where they would be fighting." One particularly famous spot where volunteers were gathered was in San Antonio, Texas, at the Menger Hotel Bar which is located where the Battle of the Alamo happened. As the Civil War began, Texas brought many Army soldiers to San Antonio. The large amount of soldiers stationed in San Antonio It is known that famous Army men such as Sam Houston and Robert E. Lee stayed as guests in the hotel. Once the Civil War began the Merger Hotel and it's staff were put to use to aid in the Confederate war effort and maintained their meal service in order to feed the C.S.A. officers and soldiers. The hotel also offered space for medical care of wounded soldiers. Once the war ended in the south the hotel was quickly back in business. Once again proving that the Menger’s hotel had made a name for itself in San Antonio. What was the Spanish American War fought for in Cuba? The cession of the Philippines which is Spain giving up all rights to the Philippines for. a payment of $20 million from the United States to Spain. The treaty was signed on December 10, 1898, and ended the Spanish–American War. The Treaty of Paris came into effect on April 11, 1899, when the documents of ratification were exchanged. You guessed it, Believe it or not, the control of the main stream media was used to start the Spanish American War on February 9, 1898: when Hearst published Dupuy du Lome's letter insulting the President of the United States McKinley. It was said that Cuban revolutionaries intercepted the letter from the mail and released it to the Hearst press......

Roosevelt rough rioders San Juan.jpg Merger Hotel in 1865 Notice only black men out front with the carriages Merger Hotel.jpg

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
It was impossible to take any of the numerous companies which were proffered to us from the various States. The only organized bodies we were at liberty to accept were those from the four Territories. But owing to the fact that the number of men originally allotted to us, 780, was speedily raised to 1,000, we were given a chance to accept quite a number of eager volunteers who did not come from the Territories, but who possessed precisely the same temper that distinguished our Southwestern recruits, and whose presence materially benefited the regiment.

[SIZE=-2] 14[/SIZE]
We drew recruits from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and many another college; from clubs like the Somerset, of Boston, and Knickerbocker, of New York; and from among the men who belonged neither to club nor to college, but in whose veins the blood stirred with the same impulse which once sent the Vikings over sea. Four of the policemen who had served under me, while I was President of the New York Police Board, insisted on coming—two of them to die, the other two to return unhurt after honorable and dangerous service. It seemed to me that almost every friend I had in every State had some one acquaintance who was bound to go with the Rough Riders, and for whom I had to make a place. Thomas Nelson Page, General Fitzhugh Lee, Congressman Odell, of New York, Senator Morgan; for each of these, and for many others, I eventually consented to accept some one or two recruits, of course only after a most rigid examination into their physical capacity, and after they had shown that they knew how to ride and shoot. I may add that in no case was I disappointed in the men thus taken.

[SIZE=-2] 15[/SIZE]
Harvard being my own college, I had such a swarm of applications from it that I could not take one in ten. What particularly pleased me, not only in the Harvard but the Yale and Princeton men, and, indeed, in these recruits from the older States generally, was that they did not ask for commissions. With hardly an exception they entered upon their duties as troopers in the spirit which they held to the end, merely endeavoring to show that no work could be too hard, too disagreeable, or too dangerous for them to perform, and neither asking nor receiving any reward in the way of promotion or consideration. The Harvard contingent was practically raised by Guy Murchie, of Maine. He saw all the fighting and did his duty with the utmost gallantry, and then left the service as he had entered it, a trooper, entirely satisfied to have done his duty—and no man did it better. So it was with Dudley Dean, perhaps the best quarterback who ever played on a Harvard Eleven; and so with Bob Wrenn, a quarterback whose feats rivalled those of Dean's, and who, in addition, was the champion tennis player of America, and had, on two different years, saved this championship from going to an Englishman. So it was with Yale men like Waller, the high jumper, and Garrison and Girard; and with Princeton men like Devereux and Channing, the foot-ball players; with Larned, the tennis player; with Craig Wadsworth, the steeple-chase rider; with Joe Stevens, the crack polo player; with Hamilton Fish, the ex-captain of the Columbia crew, and with scores of others whose names are quite as worthy of mention as any of those I have given. Indeed, they all sought entry into the ranks of the Rough Riders as eagerly as if it meant something widely different from hard work, rough fare, and the possibility of death; and the reason why they turned out to be such good soldiers lay largely in the fact that they were men who had thoroughly counted the cost before entering, and who went into the regiment because they believed that this offered their best chance for seeing hard and dangerous service. Mason Mitchell, of New York, who had been a chief of scouts in the Riel Rebellion, travelled all the way to San Antonio to enlist; and others came there from distances as great.

[SIZE=-2] 16[/SIZE]
Some of them made appeals to me which I could not possibly resist. Woodbury Kane had been a close friend of mine at Harvard. During the eighteen years that had passed since my graduation I had seen very little of him, though, being always interested in sport, I occasionally met him on the hunting field, had seen him on the deck of the Defender when she vanquished the Valkyrie, and knew the part he had played on the Navajoe, when, in her most important race, that otherwise unlucky yacht vanquished her opponent, the Prince of Wales's Britannia. When the war was on, Kane felt it his duty to fight for his country. He did not seek any position of distinction. All he desired was the chance to do whatever work he was put to do well, and to get to the front; and he enlisted as a trooper. When I went down to the camp at San Antonio he was on kitchen duty, and was cooking and washing dishes for one of the New Mexican troops; and he was doing it so well that I had no further doubt as to how he would get on.

~ The Rough Riders, Theodore Roosevelt (1899)

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It was impossible to take any of the numerous companies which were proffered to us from the various States. The only organized bodies we were at liberty to accept were those from the four Territories. But owing to the fact that the number of men originally allotted to us, 780, was speedily raised to 1,000, we were given a chance to accept quite a number of eager volunteers who did not come from the Territories, but who possessed precisely the same temper that distinguished our Southwestern recruits, and whose presence materially benefited the regiment.

[SIZE=-2] 14[/SIZE]
We drew recruits from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and many another college; from clubs like the Somerset, of Boston, and Knickerbocker, of New York; and from among the men who belonged neither to club nor to college, but in whose veins the blood stirred with the same impulse which once sent the Vikings over sea. Four of the policemen who had served under me, while I was President of the New York Police Board, insisted on coming—two of them to die, the other two to return unhurt after honorable and dangerous service. It seemed to me that almost every friend I had in every State had some one acquaintance who was bound to go with the Rough Riders, and for whom I had to make a place. Thomas Nelson Page, General Fitzhugh Lee, Congressman Odell, of New York, Senator Morgan; for each of these, and for many others, I eventually consented to accept some one or two recruits, of course only after a most rigid examination into their physical capacity, and after they had shown that they knew how to ride and shoot. I may add that in no case was I disappointed in the men thus taken.

[SIZE=-2] 15[/SIZE]
Harvard being my own college, I had such a swarm of applications from it that I could not take one in ten. What particularly pleased me, not only in the Harvard but the Yale and Princeton men, and, indeed, in these recruits from the older States generally, was that they did not ask for commissions. With hardly an exception they entered upon their duties as troopers in the spirit which they held to the end, merely endeavoring to show that no work could be too hard, too disagreeable, or too dangerous for them to perform, and neither asking nor receiving any reward in the way of promotion or consideration. The Harvard contingent was practically raised by Guy Murchie, of Maine. He saw all the fighting and did his duty with the utmost gallantry, and then left the service as he had entered it, a trooper, entirely satisfied to have done his duty—and no man did it better. So it was with Dudley Dean, perhaps the best quarterback who ever played on a Harvard Eleven; and so with Bob Wrenn, a quarterback whose feats rivalled those of Dean's, and who, in addition, was the champion tennis player of America, and had, on two different years, saved this championship from going to an Englishman. So it was with Yale men like Waller, the high jumper, and Garrison and Girard; and with Princeton men like Devereux and Channing, the foot-ball players; with Larned, the tennis player; with Craig Wadsworth, the steeple-chase rider; with Joe Stevens, the crack polo player; with Hamilton Fish, the ex-captain of the Columbia crew, and with scores of others whose names are quite as worthy of mention as any of those I have given. Indeed, they all sought entry into the ranks of the Rough Riders as eagerly as if it meant something widely different from hard work, rough fare, and the possibility of death; and the reason why they turned out to be such good soldiers lay largely in the fact that they were men who had thoroughly counted the cost before entering, and who went into the regiment because they believed that this offered their best chance for seeing hard and dangerous service. Mason Mitchell, of New York, who had been a chief of scouts in the Riel Rebellion, travelled all the way to San Antonio to enlist; and others came there from distances as great.

[SIZE=-2] 16[/SIZE]
Some of them made appeals to me which I could not possibly resist. Woodbury Kane had been a close friend of mine at Harvard. During the eighteen years that had passed since my graduation I had seen very little of him, though, being always interested in sport, I occasionally met him on the hunting field, had seen him on the deck of the Defender when she vanquished the Valkyrie, and knew the part he had played on the Navajoe, when, in her most important race, that otherwise unlucky yacht vanquished her opponent, the Prince of Wales's Britannia. When the war was on, Kane felt it his duty to fight for his country. He did not seek any position of distinction. All he desired was the chance to do whatever work he was put to do well, and to get to the front; and he enlisted as a trooper. When I went down to the camp at San Antonio he was on kitchen duty, and was cooking and washing dishes for one of the New Mexican troops; and he was doing it so well that I had no further doubt as to how he would get on.

~ The Rough Riders, Theodore Roosevelt (1899)

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Do you believe what Wiki has written for you to believe or do you want to know the truth of the matter? I don't, believe it because I have facts that say Teddy Roosevelt was a member of the O.A.K. and I trust my OWN research, not some boob that quotes his predecessors bull crap.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
BEALE's CONFEDERATE CAMELS AND THE KGC

Most are aware of Jefferson Davis and E F Beale and the US Camel Corps, but at the start of the Civil War, the Confederates captured Camp Verde outside of San Antonio and the 80 camels and 2 Egyptian drivers that were stationed there.
CSA Capt Sterling Price used a camel to carry his infantry units supplies, while CSA Texas spy, Bethel Coopwood used 14 camels in his covert activities in delivering ciphered messages to various castles in Texas. After the War, he bought 66 more camels at a Union auction.
CSA Gen Joe Shelby, a KGC member, was not too fond of the Confederate camels and none rode with his IRON BRIGADE.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
L.C. BAKER:

You make a great point! What would Teddy Roosevelt know about the Rough Riders? I mean, you can't rely on a lame historian like that!

As for Wiki - you're wrong about that, too. The quote is from TR's book. The little numbers are page numbers, not Wiki footnotes. But don't get hung up on mundane details...

What did Indiana Jones say? "'X' never marks the spot!"

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The point is "What would Teddy or his writers tell the general public that would put his tit in the wringer and stain his apron?"

FOOL.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. BAKER:

You make a great point! What would Teddy Roosevelt know about the Rough Riders? I mean, you can't rely on a lame historian like that!

As for Wiki - you're wrong about that, too. The quote is from TR's book. The little numbers are page numbers, not Wiki footnotes. But don't get hung up on mundane details...

What did Indiana Jones say? "'X' never marks the spot!"

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Explain his use of the X at the top of this most important entry in his "PERSONAL" diary. Theodore-Roosevelts-diary-the-day-his-wife-and-mother-died-1884-small.jpg

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
L.C. BAKER:

If you want to bark commands and get a response buy a dog.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread