KGC / outlaw heart and wood stove part.

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While following the signs I was led to an old four trunk sycamore tree with a heart shaped rock at the base. Using the detector I had hits in two spots. One is an old prong from a hay rake and the other a broken wood stove part. Notice the lines on the heart rock.

Where they point to are in directions where I have been previously. One direction is where I first started which is a large rock carved into a turtle. The other points to a barn, built in 1953, it replaced the original barn which was built in 1897.

Could the hay rake prong refer to where hay is kept? Such as a barn?
I know for a fact that outlaw bank and train robbers lived not far from this area. In fact, their sister lived on this very property. She was my great grandmother.

Attachments

• 20170227_131518.jpg
    20170227_131518.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
  • 20170227_134534.jpg
    20170227_134534.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 166
  • 20170227_131120.jpg
    20170227_131120.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If you have a "heart-shaped" rock there, go UNDER where you found the METAL Prong & Stove "part"; hard to do IF... a tree is planted over the treasure... a "turtle"...? OLD Spanish "sign"; if you see no head, leg/feet, tail; buried treasure is under it; if you see head, feet, tail... go in the direction that such is "pointing to"; Hawk-eye Mike had some WONDERFUL drawings indicating such in his Field-notes Book. HH! Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Rebel. I'm in awe at the things I've found.
I have turtles every where in one area. Fully sculpted turtle, turtle with one foot, turtle with nothing (inside his shell), an owl, a map drawn on a rock (which I have deciphered), and more, which I will go into at a later time.
The massive sycamore where the heart rock is has grown immensely over the years and the trunk and roots have covered the area underneath the heart rock.
I had back surgery two weeks ago and can't do anything. Lol. I'm only allowed to walk, sit, and lay. My son has to do any digging that I need, unless it is in an area where I can lay on my side and dig with a spade. Yes, I've done that once. Our cows seemed really concerned for me. Lol.
I'm going to dig a bit more today. Maybe I can go deep enough to pick up a signal with the MD.
How deep did the KGC bury their treasure? I've read it somewhere before, but can't remember.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bigger the treasure the deeper they buried it. Mostly about three to four feet with maybe six inches of extra over burden. But if it is a large treasure they have been known to go over thirty to fifty feet and one of their large depositories would be hundreds of feet under the ground mostly in a cave or mine.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know where the start of your trail is?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Does it matter...? YOU are at the "end" of it, if you have a HEART, TURTLES, OWL (Bird of "Warning"... BE WISE!)... SO! DIG ON! HH! Good Luck!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "heart" shape is the sign of a large treasure. But if it is a "bleeding heart" beware of a trap or danger. As Rebel-KGC said DIG ON.

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know where the start of your trail is?

I started with the first turtle rock and made almost a complete circle with several signs and turtles and hearts along the way. But I believe the actual start is about a half mile away where trees once stood which had several markings. I remember the tree with the turtle and the year 1910 carved on it. These were sold for timber in about 1982 to 1984. They were massive holly trees, and there are several large holly trees here that have markings as well.
This weekend we will be digging. There are several spots that I want to search next. One has a massive wall of stacked boulders which may be hiding the entrance to a cave, and may have a few water moccasins, as well as a death trap.

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bigger the treasure the deeper they buried it. Mostly about three to four feet with maybe six inches of extra over burden. But if it is a large treasure they have been known to go over thirty to fifty feet and one of their large depositories would be hundreds of feet under the ground mostly in a cave or mine.

I'm hoping they put a large depository no deeper than five feet. The thought of digging 30 feet... omg. I just hope I don't give up at six feet when it is actually there just a few more feet down.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping they put a large depository no deeper than five feet. The thought of digging 30 feet... omg. I just hope I don't give up at six feet when it is actually there just a few more feet down.

You should be able to tell by the soil mixtures and rocks whether you need to dig deeper or not. If the ground has not been disturbed since God put it there stop digging and look for another entrance close by. Are there any carvings of a snake nearby. Find one pointing down without any other signs and that will be the entrance.

The holly trees are your best bet they will show you the way. What sort of images are on the holly trees?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are two of the holly trees.
How do I get the pics to post upright? TN is turning the pics on their side.
20170212_114311.jpg 20170212_115152.jpg

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know how to dowse, or know someone who does?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know how to dowse, or know someone who does?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I've never dowsed, but have seen it done except on tv. My mom and dad have told me about how their parents and grandparents, and other old timers used dowsing. I will check with them to find out more.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are two of the holly trees.
How do I get the pics to post upright? TN is turning the pics on their side.
View attachment 1421913 View attachment 1421914

TurtleGirl, Don't let too many know where your site is located. There are several GOLD CACHES in the area. If I could see the tree a little closer and shots from different angles I may be able to help you. I see mention of a total of 50 POTS. Up at the top you can see where they tallied up some of the treasure and the distances between them total over 21,457 Ft. I can not make out the total treasures but there are at least four of them maybe more. Be careful working this site. I will PM you on some of the other that I can see. Forget about dowsing unless you do it yourself. I would not bring too many in to this area. You can make a simple dip meter out of a compass and a stick. It will locate pots of gold to about eight feet deep. You may find something on the Internet about how to do this but it does work. Good Luck

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can make a simple dip meter out of a compass and a stick. It will locate pots of gold to about eight feet deep. You may find something on the Internet about how to do this but it does work. Good Luck
Franklin - I did a search on Bing and YouTube and could not find anything. Where can I look to find instructions on making a simple dip meter?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin - I did a search on Bing and YouTube and could not find anything. Where can I look to find instructions on making a simple dip meter?

Well it is a simple dipmeter because all you do is get a straight stick strap a compass with north pointing up, it should read about twenty some odd degrees and when you walk over top of a large mass of iron the magnetic needle will deviate slightly down towards the ground. Several pirate treasures were found in this manner. As a matter of fact pirates were the first to use a dip meter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread