Pot of "Bloody Bill" Anderson's Gold Found at Yancey Inn - 1912

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, the Lone Star from Texas was adopted by SC as the ORIGINAL REBEL flag of the CW. "Hurrah! Hurrah! For the BONNIE BLUE FLAG, Hurrah! Hurrah, for the BONNIE BLUE FLAG, that bears a SINGLE STAR!". It was in the DVD, GOD & GENERALS; Gov. of Va., George Allen was singing it with others (guest part). I knew George in Charlottesville, Va. and was THRILLED! GREAT GUY! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=2]"Bloody Bill" with Jesse James AFTER the War ![/h]
I nearly fell out of my chair as I was researching old newspapers the other night, looking for articles about "Bloody Bill" Anderson, and I read this article from the Manchester Democrat about Jesse James upon their announcement of the death of Jesse's step-father. Members who have been with our group for a long time will remember when I conversed with William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson's granddaughter Berneice Perkins several times. She told me a lot about "Paw" Anderson which is what he was called by his family members. She was a very young girl when Bill Anderson died at Salt Creek in 1927 and she remembers the scene as he was laid out for viewing in his farmhouse. Berneice told me that "Paw robbed banks and trains with Jesse James after the War." If "Bloody Bill" robbed banks and trains with Jesse James after the War, that can only mean one thing - Bill Anderson was NOT killed in the ambush in October, 1864 at Orrick, Missouri. I've searched for years for confirmation of her statement and I finally found it in this long article tonight! Berneice passed away several years ago but I knew her when she and Bill's other late granddaughter Patsy Anderson were speaking to historical groups many years ago, trying to convince them of the truth about their grandfather. They have been vindicated now. The article begins at the top of the 4th column and the part about Bill Anderson being a member of the gang is in the 5th column under the stage coach drawing.

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...rell+treasure&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

~Texas Jay

Attached is a charcoal drawing of "Bloody Bill" Anderson by Elmer Stewart who had met Bill Anderson during the War. You'll notice that in this image, Anderson didn't wear his hair long as was the hair of the man who was killed in the ambush and who was misidentified as being Bill Anderson.

View attachment 1531998

Hey TJ...I saw where you mentioned that you had or had seen a photograph of William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson's death photograph where there was a light colored hat similar to the dark lone star hat with plume that he's often shown wearing.

I knew I had read a repeat of a first hand account of that light colored hat he was wearing the day/night before his death and that was what was on him when his body was searched after death.

I'll attach the article for easy reading. His description from the day before was given by the woman who turned him into Samuel Cox...There's no way to know for sure if Vogel or Cox fired the shot killed him. Cox did the right thing I think in letting folks think it was his shot that for sure killed BBA, knowing the ramifications that would follow after WT Anderson's body and grave were desecrated the way they were...too many witnesses to all that happened.

I'm not sure if you read the complete article that you attached in your post....There are several errors in it and one major blunder. The writer clearly was going for excitement and not facts. Take a look see at it and you'll see them. That article clearly needs to be taken with a big grain of salt! lol! Most will see why.

Kace

IMG_1098.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_1096.PNG
    IMG_1096.PNG
    183.8 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the Lone Star from Texas was adopted by SC as the ORIGINAL REBEL flag of the CW. "Hurrah! Hurrah! For the BONNIE BLUE FLAG, Hurrah! Hurrah, for the BONNIE BLUE FLAG, that bears a SINGLE STAR!". It was in the DVD, GOD & GENERALS; Gov. of Va., George Allen was singing it with others (guest part). I knew George in Charlottesville, Va. and was THRILLED! GREAT GUY! :icon_thumleft:

Good Movie! If you ever get a chance to drive through Texas....Play the 'Count The Lone Star on Houses Game'! They are mass produced now for decor obviously but years ago they were painted or carved on buildings, homes, barns, trucks, equipment, Martin or Swallow Bird Houses like that one...Lots of Texas Pride! Love It!

Kace

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Kace, we have a lot more evidence that we've gathered over the past 12 years that prove that William C. Anderson of Brown County, Texas was the one and only "Bloody Bill" Anderson of that group. Anderson himself gave a detailed account of what happened that day near Orrick, Missouri in his series of interviews with newspaper staff writer and author Henry C. Fuller in 1924. Our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group has done the most extensive investigation ever attempted of "Bloody Bill" Anderson and the evidence that he was not killed in the ambush in 1864 continues to grow. I'm not going to argue with you about the facts of Bill Anderson's life because it's useless to argue with someone who readily accepts the myths they were taught in school without question.

~Texas Jay

Cowboy and author Charlie Siringo wrote that he knew that "Bloody Bill" Anderson of Quantrill's Guerrillas was selling whiskey in what is now Oklahoma during the 1870s. Siringo was a former Pinkerton Agent and he was not known for lying. You'll find this statement in his First Edition of Riata and Spurs (1927). I own a copy of that book and have read it myself. It may only be in the 1927 First Edition because the Pinkerton Agency sued Siringo because they feared he was divulging their classified information so he had to remove a lot of information from the 1927 edition and republish it minus the Pinkerton stuff.
~Texas Jay

Riata-and-Spurs-Siringo-1927.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, Kace, we have a lot more evidence that we've gathered over the past 12 years that prove that William C. Anderson of Brown County, Texas was the one and only "Bloody Bill" Anderson of that group. Anderson himself gave a detailed account of what happened that day near Orrick, Missouri in his series of interviews with newspaper staff writer and author Henry C. Fuller in 1924. Our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group has done the most extensive investigation ever attempted of "Bloody Bill" Anderson and the evidence that he was not killed in the ambush in 1864 continues to grow. I'm not going to argue with you about the facts of Bill Anderson's life because it's useless to argue with someone who readily accepts the myths they were taught in school without question.

~Texas Jay

Cowboy and author Charlie Siringo wrote that he knew that "Bloody Bill" Anderson of Quantrill's Guerrillas was selling whiskey in what is now Oklahoma during the 1870s. Siringo was a former Pinkerton Agent and he was not known for lying. You'll find this statement in his First Edition of Riata and Spurs (1927). I own a copy of that book and have read it myself. It may only be in the 1927 First Edition because the Pinkerton Agency sued Siringo because they feared he was divulging their classified information so he had to remove a lot of information from the 1927 edition and republish it minus the Pinkerton stuff.
~Texas Jay

View attachment 1533542

Just so I understand your detailed,in-depth 12yrs of researched facts that YOU support in that article you linked...COLEYounger committed suicide AFTER being released from prison for the Northfield fiasco and then went on to visit William C. Anderson at his Salt Creek home in Texas Many Times....Is That Right? That's what your article says so it Must Be True...Did your paranormal group confirm that fact that you stand by through your detailed research? COLE Younger visited WC Anderson in spirit form I guess BEFORE he died, which begs the question as how so many others that you claim saw him...saw him?

I haven't jumped on the Bloody Bill train yet....I always ignored it on all the genealogy and Outlaw Forums you used to be on and even on here. I gave you a written statement from RICHMOND, MISSOURI from the woman who turned him into Cox, with Bibliography TO BACK UP your white plume hat photo you said you had. One more independent photo or written confirmation and I believe it's very safe to say WT 'Bloody Bill' Anderson had Both black AND white Lone Star Hats.

What I said was blatantly wrong with the article you linked had nothing to do with the BBA part... You are so quick to Assume Horse Ships as Facts and Not Even Take The Time To Read What You Endorse As Facts When They Aren't....Even according to YOU...IF you would have read it, you would of seen that it contradicts what YOU even claim as truth...You just get all giddy when you think something is proof from a SERIOUSLY FLAWED ARTICLE and link the whole thing as accurate.

Why don't you explain to anyone who cares why Henry C. Fuller who you love to reference never mentioned William C. Anderson being THE recongnized William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson again...That's a good story. Same guy who said Henry Ford was Jesse James in the paper and his dime novels. If you don't know, I do and can share that along with all the other William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson and his Wife and Family information I have.

I didn't post that article to argue the facts of WHO the TRUE and Recognized William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson is....I easily could of... I posted it to give you a back up to your white hat photo statement. I didn't need to do that either. So, since you want to discredit the article I posted about it...don't ever use it..I know you will excerpt it because that's what you do...never tell the whole story so folks have all information.

You are planning on writing a book claiming William C. Anderson of Salt Creek, Tx is the Real William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson that was killed in Missouri in 1864....Try and proof anything you claim as facts when it includes others. There's too much verifiable information and DNA available now for serious researchers and families and if you haven't kept up on it, proven descendants are going after slanderous damages.

Kace

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so I understand your detailed,in-depth 12yrs of researched facts that YOU support in that article you linked...COLEYounger committed suicide AFTER being released from prison for the Northfield fiasco and then went on to visit William C. Anderson at his Salt Creek home in Texas Many Times....Is That Right? That's what your article says so it Must Be True...Did your paranormal group confirm that fact that you stand by through your detailed research? COLE Younger visited WC Anderson in spirit form I guess BEFORE he died, which begs the question as how so many others that you claim saw him...saw him?

I haven't jumped on the Bloody Bill train yet....I always ignored it on all the genealogy and Outlaw Forums you used to be on and even on here. I gave you a written statement from RICHMOND, MISSOURI from the woman who turned him into Cox, with Bibliography TO BACK UP your white plume hat photo you said you had. One more independent photo or written confirmation and I believe it's very safe to say WT 'Bloody Bill' Anderson had Both black AND white Lone Star Hats.

What I said was blatantly wrong with the article you linked had nothing to do with the BBA part... You are so quick to Assume Horse Ships as Facts and Not Even Take The Time To Read What You Endorse As Facts When They Aren't....Even according to YOU...IF you would have read it, you would of seen that it contradicts what YOU even claim as truth...You just get all giddy when you think something is proof from a SERIOUSLY FLAWED ARTICLE and link the whole thing as accurate.

Why don't you explain to anyone who cares why Henry C. Fuller who you love to reference never mentioned William C. Anderson being THE recongnized William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson again...That's a good story. Same guy who said Henry Ford was Jesse James in the paper and his dime novels. If you don't know, I do and can share that along with all the other William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson and his Wife and Family information I have.

I didn't post that article to argue the facts of WHO the TRUE and Recognized William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson is....I easily could of... I posted it to give you a back up to your white hat photo statement. I didn't need to do that either. So, since you want to discredit the article I posted about it...don't ever use it..I know you will excerpt it because that's what you do...never tell the whole story so folks have all information.

You are planning on writing a book claiming William C. Anderson of Salt Creek, Tx is the Real William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson that was killed in Missouri in 1864....Try and proof anything you claim as facts when it includes others. There's too much verifiable information and DNA available now for serious researchers and families and if you haven't kept up on it, proven descendants are going after slanderous damages.

Kace

Henry Ford as Jesse James?

Oh my. :icon_silent:

The only thing I can imagine being more bizarre would be ' Jesse James: The Musical ', with Justin Bieber in the lead role.

Well, at least I haven't yet seen anyone trying to fudge the LDS database and step in poo...like I've witnessed in another claim to fame "author's" sad attempts to claim Royal lineage. That one has ruffled a few feathers across the pond, lol. Maybe I need to take a closer look.....hmm....

:icon_study:

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kace

I don't know where you and the other naysayers come up with some of your "facts". Rather than argue with you about your entire nonsensical reply, You won't find the lie that Cole Younger committed suicide anywhere in our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group, on my other webs Bloody Bill Anderson site, or in any of my posts over the past 12 years. Chances are that after dozens of our BBAM members have spent thousands of hours researching and compiling data, articles, and documents, one of them has already posted the article, you shared, in our archives long ago. I'm still waiting for you to post the proof of your statement that a poor little girl flunked her class because she used my BBA website's information. I'd like to do some checking into that rumor for myself.
~Texas Jay

Here's an Administrator's Notice from an Emporia, Kansas newspaper that I just found today. It's about the estate of William C. Anderson who was "Bloody Bill" Anderson's father. Don't you find it strange that the man that I believe was "Bloody Bill" Anderson had the same first name and middle initial as Bloody Bill's father?

WCAnderon-EstateAnnouncement-1862-LyonCountyKansas1.png

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

~Texas Jay

~Texas Jay

View attachment 1533542

That's a very interesting statement, Texasjay. Would you be kind enough to provide the documentation your group has that backs up your assertion regarding the Pinkerton agency sueing out of fear he was leaking classified information?

Or could it possibly be that Siringo later realised ( or was warned ) he was mistaken? The only Bill Anderson selling whiskey in what is now Oklahoma during that time period was "Whiskey" Bill Anderson....not Bloody Bill. I should know, he was MY ancestor.

I would very much like to see your 'evidence' that proves otherwise.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very interesting statement, Texasjay. Would you be kind enough to provide the documentation your group has that backs up your assertion regarding the Pinkerton agency sueing out of fear he was leaking classified information?

Or could it possibly be that Siringo later realised ( or was warned ) he was mistaken? The only Bill Anderson selling whiskey in what is now Oklahoma during that time period was "Whiskey" Bill Anderson....not Bloody Bill. I should know, he was MY ancestor.

I would very much like to see your 'evidence' that proves otherwise.

Here's one source. Apparently Siringo was facing the threat of a Pinkerton lawsuit. At any rate, he had to modify his book to appease them. This is not the same source I used years ago when I bought and read the book but it will suffice for someone who doesn't know how to research on their own.
http://www.thrillingdetective.com/eyes/siringo.html

"...
But times were tough, and with both his ranch and his health failing, he moved to Los Angeles, and became something of a celebrity, hobnobbing with assorted politicians, writers and movie stars, and possibly even appearing in a couple of silent westerns. In 1927 Riata and Spurs, a composite of his first two autobiographies was released, but once again the Pinkertons halted publication, again threatening a lawsuit..."

Would you care to prove your relationship to the whiskey-selling Bill Anderson who Siringo clearly stated was the Bill Anderson of Quantrill's Guerrillas or are you just putting up a smokescreen? While you're at it, I still want to see the source of your wild claim that a girl flunked her class because she used my research.
And, by the way, I've been trying to get your Smokescreen Gang buddies to sue me, over my work on "Bloody Bill" Anderson, for many years. Why have they waited so long? I'd like nothing better than to get them on the stand, in a Brown County, Texas courtroom before a Brown County jury, and let them try to prove their unfounded allegations.
~Texas Jay

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know where you and the other naysayers come up with some of your "facts". Rather than argue with you about your entire nonsensical reply, You won't find the lie that Cole Younger committed suicide anywhere in our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group, on my other webs Bloody Bill Anderson site, or in any of my posts over the past 12 years. Chances are that after dozens of our BBAM members have spent thousands of hours researching and compiling data, articles, and documents, one of them has already posted the article, you shared, in our archives long ago. I'm still waiting for you to post the proof of your statement that a poor little girl flunked her class because she used my BBA website's information. I'd like to do some checking into that rumor for myself.
~Texas Jay

Here's an Administrator's Notice from an Emporia, Kansas newspaper that I just found today. It's about the estate of William C. Anderson who was "Bloody Bill" Anderson's father. Don't you find it strange that the man that I believe was "Bloody Bill" Anderson had the same first name and middle initial as Bloody Bill's father?

View attachment 1534185

First of all...YOU linked that Article I referred to here on Tnet...So yes it came from you...I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU about the hat.

I wouldn't join a group like you have because it's not a research or discussion group...It's a believe everything Texas Jay and Colon {RIP} says group and if anything is different than what you want to hear, you ban the people and if they anger or embarrass you enough, then you post their personal information you get from getting their names and email addresses they have to give to join your BBAMG online or link them your adult site to hurt them. You use their FB pics and information to do some of it. That's Wrong...I don't care how you look at it.

As far as the girl, I didn't say she got it from your BBAMG site and as far as waiting...You never asked for that link, you were too busy saying the teacher should be chastised instead of saying, maybe I should state things as my opinion instead of as Facts. The issue with the girl was about you stating as Fact, J. Frank Dalton was Jesse Woodson James in an online site she found while looking for information on JWJ...Not that Fraud Dalton. She just had the misfortune and made a big mistake by running into your posts and taking shortcuts by believing you. She should of done due diligence on You, Dill, Turilli, Dalton,Howk,Houk,Jesse James lll, Schrader etc but she didn't. Bet she will now. Not that you care about what you post as facts are just your beliefs.

Speaking of those guys...I got the Black Book from my Secret Santa! Things are making more sense to me now.

Anything I say on Tnet Is Nothing From Your BBAMG...Since you made it a point to tell Tnet members about starting under the stagecoach pic of the article and mention paragraphs 4-5, why not take the time to say there are some inaccuracies that you found in the article and list those instead of putting the whole thing out saying it validated the stories those women told you? It's not hard to do that. It would also make you sound more credible.

As far as William C. Anderson of Salt Creek, Tx having the same middle initial and first name of William T's father...No, I don't find that odd...In the 1860 census alone just using Missouri and Texas there were 5,503 William C. Anderson's listed.

Anyone who has ever done genealogy will find that even the most different names will have Many People with the same name. Anderson is a very common immigrant name...I have a line of them in my family...not direct, but they are of Swedish or Norwegian descent. Anderson, Nelson, Olafson etc were names given during immigration when asked fathers names on forms..Ander's Son=Anderson in the US....Nel's Son=Nelson in the US...Olaf's Son=Olafson in the US and so on.

If I was going to fake my death I'd do a little more than change my middle initial and still keep the name Bill Anderson...if I did change my middle initial it wouldn't be to my fathers middle name or initial. I'd also be pretty mad if my brother married my wife and then had a child with her and I probably wouldn't wait for someone else to cut his throat.

Have you looked into researching Bloody Bill Longley/Wild Bill Longley of Texas?

Kace

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one source. Apparently Siringo was facing the threat of a Pinkerton lawsuit. At any rate, he had to modify his book to appease them. This is not the same source I used years ago when I bought and read the book but it will suffice for someone who doesn't know how to research on their own.
Charlie Siringo

"...
But times were tough, and with both his ranch and his health failing, he moved to Los Angeles, and became something of a celebrity, hobnobbing with assorted politicians, writers and movie stars, and possibly even appearing in a couple of silent westerns. In 1927 Riata and Spurs, a composite of his first two autobiographies was released, but once again the Pinkertons halted publication, again threatening a lawsuit..."

Would you care to prove your relationship to the whiskey-selling Bill Anderson who Siringo clearly stated was the Bill Anderson of Quantrill's Guerrillas or are you just putting up a smokescreen? While you're at it, I still want to see the source of your wild claim that a girl flunked her class because she used my research.
And, by the way, I've been trying to get your Smokescreen Gang buddies to sue me, over my work on "Bloody Bill" Anderson, for many years. Why have they waited so long? I'd like nothing better than to get them on the stand, in a Brown County, Texas courtroom before a Brown County jury, and let them try to prove their unfounded allegations.
~Texas Jay

Surely you jest....a pulp fiction site? That's your documentation??

Oh my.

Firstly, Whiskey Bill is not the topic...Bloody Bill is.

Secondly, your assertion that Bloody Bill was selling whiskey in Oklahoma during the 1870's is an Extraordinary Claim that requires Extraordinary evidence to back it up. An excerpt from a pulp fiction site is not evidence, it's laughable.

Thirdly, you obviously have me confused with somebody else, as I have never even mentioned any "poor school girl"....perhaps you should lay off the okra cola.

And lastly.....the only smoke I see is in your eyes when you quote excerpts from a dime novel that contradicts your own testimony further within it's text. Be sure to read the entire text you quote from. Save yourself a little humiliation down the road. Best advice I can give ya...take it or leave it. Believe it or not, I'm trying to do you a favor. That will be my last attempt.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all...YOU linked that Article I referred to here on Tnet...So yes it came from you...I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU about the hat.

I wouldn't join a group like you have because it's not a research or discussion group...It's a believe everything Texas Jay and Colon {RIP} says group and if anything is different than what you want to hear, you ban the people and if they anger or embarrass you enough, then you post their personal information you get from getting their names and email addresses they have to give to join your BBAMG online or link them your adult site to hurt them. You use their FB pics and information to do some of it. That's Wrong...I don't care how you look at it.

As far as the girl, I didn't say she got it from your BBAMG site and as far as waiting...You never asked for that link, you were too busy saying the teacher should be chastised instead of saying, maybe I should state things as my opinion instead of as Facts. The issue with the girl was about you stating as Fact, J. Frank Dalton was Jesse Woodson James in an online site she found while looking for information on JWJ...Not that Fraud Dalton. She just had the misfortune and made a big mistake by running into your posts and taking shortcuts by believing you. She should of done due diligence on You, Dill, Turilli, Dalton,Howk,Houk,Jesse James lll, Schrader etc but she didn't. Bet she will now. Not that you care about what you post as facts are just your beliefs.

Speaking of those guys...I got the Black Book from my Secret Santa! Things are making more sense to me now.

Anything I say on Tnet Is Nothing From Your BBAMG...Since you made it a point to tell Tnet members about starting under the stagecoach pic of the article and mention paragraphs 4-5, why not take the time to say there are some inaccuracies that you found in the article and list those instead of putting the whole thing out saying it validated the stories those women told you? It's not hard to do that. It would also make you sound more credible.

As far as William C. Anderson of Salt Creek, Tx having the same middle initial and first name of William T's father...No, I don't find that odd...In the 1860 census alone just using Missouri and Texas there were 5,503 William C. Anderson's listed.

Anyone who has ever done genealogy will find that even the most different names will have Many People with the same name. Anderson is a very common immigrant name...I have a line of them in my family...not direct, but they are of Swedish or Norwegian descent. Anderson, Nelson, Olafson etc were names given during immigration when asked fathers names on forms..Ander's Son=Anderson in the US....Nel's Son=Nelson in the US...Olaf's Son=Olafson in the US and so on.

If I was going to fake my death I'd do a little more than change my middle initial and still keep the name Bill Anderson...if I did change my middle initial it wouldn't be to my fathers middle name or initial. I'd also be pretty mad if my brother married my wife and then had a child with her and I probably wouldn't wait for someone else to cut his throat.

Have you looked into researching Bloody Bill Longley/Wild Bill Longley of Texas?

Kace

As of now, Kace and Ditlihi, who are obviously afraid to reveal their own true identities, are going on my Ignore List. They've sidelined this treasure-related thread into a thread of personal attacks on me and on all the over 200 members of the Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group. I don't have time to waste on their amateurish attempts to promote disproven historical myths.
~Texas Jay

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that's what usually happens when folks can't back up their claims, we're used to it. :sleepy4:

Check this out...Is anyone else getting chills?? :o

image404.png IMG_20180106_185031.jpg

:laughing7:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Texas Jay...Look at this...

Kace:
View attachment 1534363 IMG_1116.PNG

Texas Jay:EXCERPTING ONLY WHAT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO SEE
View attachment 1534372 IMG_1109.PNG

Kace: POSTING THE WHOLE PARAGRAPH...Look at the Last Sentence
View attachment 1534378 IMG_1110.PNG

Texas Jay: Saying You've Read This Fiction You Claim As Factual
View attachment 1534380 IMG_1115.PNG

On top of this you make a statement about someone's researching abilities! Unbelievable!

Why do you continue to edit out the whole story? You didn't want to put the last sentence from Thrilling Detective in there because it says Riata and Spurs is a lot of fiction...It's misleading to people. Tell the whole story. It's not hard. If even Thrilling Detective Questions the Book, THAT should be a Big Clue....it's not a factual book.

You said you've got 12yrs of research by dozens of researchers spending thousands of hours on William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson and you just found one of the 1862 Trustee's notices YESTERDAY?...

You've got to get different reading and research material...'Thrilling Detective' and 'Riata and Spurs' aren't really what any serious researcher would use...especially with what you are trying to prove. You might as well use the National Enquirer and Jesse James Secret Codes..

With all the books you talk about reading, haven't you noticed that it's all the same stories, just worded differently with a few wild unsubstantiated claims added? You can read excerpts and the reviews online and that will give you a good idea if it's mostly fiction.

If you can on BBA...go to Council Grove, Ks, Go to Orrick, Go to Richmond, Go to Higginsville, Go to those County Historical Societies. I told you about the (supposed) Anderson Branding Iron I got from CG...He said they would use it when they stole livestock.

That guy had a ton of community and family stories and more locals joined in talking to my Uncle. In Orrick, Richmond and Council Grove a lot of families kept really good journals and diaries of what happened with the Anderson's and the events during the war. In 2014 in Richmond they had a 150yr remembrance of the killing of WTBBA. There were many people there with family stories. You can get a lot of accurate information going to those events. Get to know some people and they will share.. Most people everywhere that something significant happened are sick of the lies told. Talk to them nicely and be objective about your theory and see what they say.

William C. Anderson of Salt Creek Texas movements can easily be traced by official records.

If you're going after fiction, have at it...but don't state it as fact. You've clearly been mislead in different research areas. Why do that to others??

Be the guy who straightens it out, not the guy who adds to the lies. There's been enough of that. Expose those writers who have put out all the Bull and prove and document All of the actual facts that occurred. Serious historians will appreciate that and you would be remembered for it. You can impact a lot of history by telling the untold truth. Get it from the journals and diaries kept, go to the Confederate museums and historical societies of the areas you're interested in.

Kace

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
As of now, Kace and Ditlihi, who are obviously afraid to reveal their own true identities, are going on my Ignore List. They've sidelined this treasure-related thread into a thread of personal attacks on me and on all the over 200 members of the Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group. I don't have time to waste on their amateurish attempts to promote disproven historical myths.
~Texas Jay

I just saw your post...lol!

HA...That was predictable. I didn't attack you...I gave you verification of the hat.

My name is Kace, I'm not hiding.

Telling the WHOLE TRUTH Is Not Sidelining TJ...Telling Partial Truths Like YOU DO Is Sidelining The Truth.

Banning and trying to hurt people from your sites and ignoring other opinions on Tnet is your MO When you are confronted with scenarios other than what you want life to be.

You do not have 200 ACTIVE members on your BBAMG site...Most sign on, see what the deal is and leave.

If you want to ignore me then stay off my profile page. And don't excerpt the information from Richmond on the hat I posted for you on Anything. Use It All or Don't Use It AT All.

Kace

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw your post...lol!

HA...That was predictable. I didn't attack you...I gave you verification of the hat.

My name is Kace, I'm not hiding.

Telling the WHOLE TRUTH Is Not Sidelining TJ...Telling Partial Truths Like YOU DO Is Sidelining The Truth.

Banning and trying to hurt people from your sites and ignoring other opinions on Tnet is your MO When you are confronted with scenarios other than what you want life to be.

You do not have 200 ACTIVE members on your BBAMG site...Most sign on, see what the deal is and leave.

If you want to ignore me then stay off my profile page. And don't excerpt the information from Richmond on the hat I posted for you on Anything. Use It All or Don't Use It AT All.

Kace

The only reason I visited your profile page yesterday was to see if there was any way to block you. I couldn't find such a feature so I'll just ignore you. BillAndersonand Jo Shelby-Petersen.jpg
~Texas Jay

For other viewers. This is an old image of Bill Anderson next to Gen. J.O. Shelby, C.S.A. Anderson looks to be older than 24 which is the age that traditionalists claim that he was killed, doesn't he?

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems the Yankees were determined to get rid of Bill Anderson, no matter how many times they had to report him dead, doesn't it? This is at least the 4th false report of Bill Anderson's death that our BBAM members have discovered over the past 12 years. This one was just found yesterday by one of them.
~Texas Jay

From: National Tribune newspaper, Washington, D.C., Sept. 1900

anotherfalseYankeereportofBBAdeath-National Tribune -DC-1900.png

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-\ .... smh

" Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or my-side bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's pre-existing beliefs or hypotheses. It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias is a variation of the more general tendency of apophenia.

People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

A series of psychological experiments in the 1960s suggested that people are biased toward confirming their existing beliefs. Later work re-interpreted these results as a tendency to test ideas in a one-sided way, focusing on one possibility and ignoring alternatives. In certain situations, this tendency can bias people's conclusions. Explanations for the observed biases include wishful thinking and the limited human capacity to process information. Another explanation is that people show confirmation bias because they are weighing up the costs of being wrong, rather than investigating in a neutral, scientific way..... "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The only reason I visited your profile page yesterday was to see if there was any way to block you. I couldn't find such a feature so I'll just ignore you. View attachment 1534796
~Texas Jay

For other viewers. This is an old image of Bill Anderson next to Gen. J.O. Shelby, C.S.A. Anderson looks to be older than 24 which is the age that traditionalists claim that he was killed, doesn't he?

I'm sure that's the Only Reason you were on my profile page...Don't even think about it TJ.

The photograph TJ says is of WT 'Bloody Bill' Anderson and J.O. Shelby was found in 1950ish by a woman in Missouri and published by Carl Breihan in his book in 70 or 71...HE said it was Anderson and Shelby.

TJ Stiles, copying Carl Breihan put it in his book and said it was Anderson and Shelby too but it's never really been proven who is in the photo. Supposedly the photograph was taken in Boonville, MO.

It's been up for debate on who is actually in the photograph because the copy/proof didn't have names, but Shelby was written on there with a question mark after it.

Many think it's Not Shelby but Fletch Taylor. Most historians believe it was taken just before the war. As far as if it's Anderson...It kinda looks like him in the eyes but who knows....Nobody knows for sure who either man is.

Due to the man on the left side of the photo looking older than 19-21 which BBA would of been before the war makes it doubtful its WT 'Bloody Bill' Anderson. It's just one of those probably never positively know their identities.

Great Period Pic Though No Matter Who They Are!
Kace

I wasn't going to mention this when you posted it but...it's interesting and surprise...There's more to the story of the drawing.

IMG_1130.PNG IMG_1130.PNG

That drawing is one of 52-53 drawings made from photographs of some of Quantrell's men. They were all on exhibit at the library several years ago. My Grandmother had a copy of one of the photographs that is a family member hanging in her den.

If you notice under Elmer Stewart's signature there is the number 93...Believed to stand for the year 1893 when they were done. 93 is under his signature on every drawing he did alone or participated in with A.L. Dillenbeck.

The drawings were done by Elmer Stewart and (A.L.) Anna/Annie Dillenbeck.

There is no evidence that Stewart or Dillenbeck knew any of Quantrell's men, Including Anderson as the drawings were done from earlier known photographs and 28yrs After the war ended. Some artistic liberties were taken in a few of the drawings that you can see when comparing them to their photographs. Some were signed later.

Nobody knows who even donated the collection to the library. Strange...But a great exhibit.

If anyone gets a chance to see it a your local library or museum it's worth it. It also tells a brief story about each man under their image.

Kace

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
William Clarke Quantrill Society Quantrill's Men

Kansas City Public Library -

" This digital collection consists of 52 charcoal portraits created by A. L. Dillenbeck and Elmer Stewart. It appears that both artists used photographs as a basis for their drawings. Dillenbeck's drawings are not dated but are believed to have been created in the late 1800s. Stewart added "93" under his signature. "

https://www.kclibrary.org/blog/local-history/elmer-al-and-me-part-1

" These drawings were donated to the library around 1980, but we have no record of their provenance–that is to say, we don’t know where they came from. We don’t know who originally owned the drawings, who commissioned their creation or why, or the exact date they were made (some of the drawings have the number “93” in the lower right hand corner, and the educated guess that this means those particular drawings were executed in 1893 is probably correct).

If the information about who donated the drawings to the library was ever recorded, it has disappeared during the nearly three and a half decades since.

We can verify that several of the drawings were based on photographs from the post-Civil War era, since many of those photographs have been used in books and articles, and even more can be readily found on the internet. Most, but not all, of the drawings have the name of the subject handwritten somewhere on the paper, and the writing for those names is noticeably different from the handwriting of the signatures of the artists. Based on the signatures, we know there were at least two artists, and probably only those two, since the unsigned drawings have strong stylistic similarities with one or more of the signed works."

".... we now know who A.L. Dillenbeck was.*"

" Other than the drawings themselves, I have found nothing concrete about Elmer Stewart the artist."

Thanks, Kace. :icon_thumright:

Normally I would be saying.... It must be real, you can't make this stuff up right about now.
But apparently...some people can. Out of thin air. :nono:

Now, TJ, about those research methods you spoke of...... :icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread