KGC rock carving signs

irondigger

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2010
Hi.

I had some questions regarding interpretation on KGC rock carvings that I have seen online and in certain treasure books and I am hoping that someone can shed some light.

If there is a rock in which there are 3 half sphere holes with a triangular pattern, what does this mean? If there are 3 holes, does this mean that there are 3 treasures nearby, or does it mean that there is one single treasure buried towards the middle of a certain area surrounded by 3 landmarks?

If a rock has one single half sphere hole about one inch in diameter and about one inch deep, what would this mean? Would this mean that there is a treasure nearby? What if a rock with one hole as described was found buried about 12 inches in the ground; would this mean to keep digging and that a treasure is below it? Would it matter as to the interpretation of the sign if the rock was on the ground as opposed to being buried? What if a rock like this was found buried next to another extremely large rock or extremely large tree? What would that mean in that case?

Is it possible that rocks with holes as described have other significance and they might not be KGC markers at all? Could they be of Native American origin?

Any information or insight that someone can provide on this will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for someone's time, help, and effort in this matter.

OP
OP
I

irondigger

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2010
Hi.

I had some questions regarding interpretation on KGC rock carvings that I have seen online and in certain treasure books and I am hoping that someone can shed some light.

If there is a rock in which there are 3 half sphere holes with a triangular pattern, what does this mean? If there are 3 holes, does this mean that there are 3 treasures nearby, or does it mean that there is one single treasure buried towards the middle of a certain area surrounded by 3 landmarks?

If a rock has one single half sphere hole about one inch in diameter and about one inch deep, what would this mean? Would this mean that there is a treasure nearby? What if a rock with one hole as described was found buried about 12 inches in the ground; would this mean to keep digging and that a treasure is below it? Would it matter as to the interpretation of the sign if the rock was on the ground as opposed to being buried? What if a rock like this was found buried next to another extremely large rock or extremely large tree? What would that mean in that case?

Is it possible that rocks with holes as described have other significance and they might not be KGC markers at all? Could they be of Native American origin?

Any information or insight that someone can provide on this will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for someone's time, help, and effort in this matter.

I know that there are quite a few knowledgeable people in this forum and hopefully someone will provide some knowledge. Would stones like these be mutton stones? What are mutton stones?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.

Posting a photograph would answer a lot of questions. Depends on where you found those rocks. Near a highway could be just drill holes for blasting. Near a coal mine or ore mine then it would have to do with mining. Several unanswered questions we have before we could even tell you what the bored holes mean.

OP
OP
I

irondigger

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2010
Posting a photograph would answer a lot of questions. Depends on where you found those rocks. Near a highway could be just drill holes for blasting. Near a coal mine or ore mine then it would have to do with mining. Several unanswered questions we have before we could even tell you what the bored holes mean.

I don't have a photograph offhand, but in my opinion that wont help in this case because this is a very plain, ordinary looking, uninteresting rock except for the drilled hole. I can tell you that this particular rock that I have seen online, I will say that I have seen elsewhere also. But the rock is not in any particular shape. I have some KGC books and the rock markers that the KGC are thought to have made are of various shapes such as diamond or triangle and have sharp edges, but this particular rock has no shape at all. In fact, the only noteworthy thing about the rock is the hole that I already described. This hole doesn't appear to have been done by a drill because it's perfectly smooth inside and is a half sphere in the dimensions that I have already stated. The rock itself was supposedly buried about 12 inches or so below the ground. At it's longest dimension, this rock is about maybe 9 inches long. But, again, this rock is smooth with no edges at all and is not at all like the sharp edged KGC markers that I have seen in other pictures. I have done some research and this rock was not found near a highway or a mine. I think that the rock was buried next to a noticeably large landmark like a tree. But the rock is just normal looking and very uninteresting except for that hole. There are no other markings at all anywhere on the rock. Based on this, what can you tell me based on your expertise?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a photograph offhand, but in my opinion that wont help in this case because this is a very plain, ordinary looking, uninteresting rock except for the drilled hole. I can tell you that this particular rock that I have seen online, I will say that I have seen elsewhere also. But the rock is not in any particular shape. I have some KGC books and the rock markers that the KGC are thought to have made are of various shapes such as diamond or triangle and have sharp edges, but this particular rock has no shape at all. In fact, the only noteworthy thing about the rock is the hole that I already described. This hole doesn't appear to have been done by a drill because it's perfectly smooth inside and is a half sphere in the dimensions that I have already stated. The rock itself was supposedly buried about 12 inches or so below the ground. At it's longest dimension, this rock is about maybe 9 inches long. But, again, this rock is smooth with no edges at all and is not at all like the sharp edged KGC markers that I have seen in other pictures. I have done some research and this rock was not found near a highway or a mine. I think that the rock was buried next to a noticeably large landmark like a tree. But the rock is just normal looking and very uninteresting except for that hole. There are no other markings at all anywhere on the rock. Based on this, what can you tell me based on your expertise?

By the rock being about a foot under-ground and nothing else leading you to the rock or no other markers or writing. I would have to say that you have a natural rock. What else do you have in the area to make you believe it is KGC. Obviously you have read something about KGC stone markers. What makes you think you are in a KGC treasure location?

OP
OP
I

irondigger

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2010
By the rock being about a foot under-ground and nothing else leading you to the rock or no other markers or writing. I would have to say that you have a natural rock. What else do you have in the area to make you believe it is KGC. Obviously you have read something about KGC stone markers. What makes you think you are in a KGC treasure location?

Well, what made me think this is because that rock that I have seen had a perfect hole and this is something that absolutely could not have happened naturally. Someone must have made that hole in the rock somehow. I have seen similar looking holes in KGC rocks. Sometimes those rocks have one or more circular holes. But you're right, it may not be KGC at all. But it must mean something and I am trying to get others opinions as to what they think this is and how they would proceed.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"OP" states 3 "half sphere holes in a triangular" pattern; now a "perfect hole"...? I am confused... :dontknow:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to see pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep looking for other clues! They are all over the place! This is just another clue! The rocks do speak history! Go to a stream nearby to find other clues!

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Sorry,I'm slow sometimes but am also confused. 3 holes or one? What is a "half sphere"? Does that mean it's a hole that looks like a half moon? You don't think the hole (holes) are drilled but they are smooth and got there somehow.
The rock is not over 9 inches long so can't be bigger than a 9" cube. Pictures always help so I'm going to take a shot that it's a holding stone for an atlatl. I don't think even the KGC were tricky enough to bury a small stone a foot down to be dug up as a clue to a treasure. Good luck.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi.

What kind of triangle is formed, right or equilateral? How long are the sides of the triangle, in inches. I've seen a hemisphere used as one symbol, of three, that showed three markers. The symbols formed a right triangle. I can't remember the measurements between the symbols but the total was 74 inches.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Did you find the rock that was buried. Was the rock that was buried close to the rock with the three hemispheres?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
When you look at the rock with the three hemispheres, do the hemispheres look like a capital D or a reverse capital D? Was this triangle on a verticle face or horizontal?

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I just saw Josh Gates dig one up on Destination Truth....ANCHOR....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread