Looking for KGC experts to Host new Discovery Channel series

khoban

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I am a television producer with the company Brian Catalina Entertainment (Brian Catalina Entertainment). We are currently developing a TV series about the Knights of the Golden Circle, and the hunt for clues and depositories. The goal of the show is to follow one person, or a team of people, on their quest to uncover depositories, as we tell the stories and legends about the KGC.

We are currently looking for hosts for the series. This show is solely focused on the KGC. Whereas other shows have produced a single episode about the KGC, this entire series will revolve around the KGC and follow actual KGC experts on their hunt.

I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to anyone involved in researching the KGC, and/or hunting for KGC depositories. You can reach me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Kevin Hoban
Co-Executive Producer
Brian Catalina Entertainment
[email protected]

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Everyone,

I am a television producer with the company Brian Catalina Entertainment (Brian Catalina Entertainment). We are currently developing a TV series about the Knights of the Golden Circle, and the hunt for clues and depositories. The goal of the show is to follow one person, or a team of people, on their quest to uncover depositories, as we tell the stories and legends about the KGC.

We are currently looking for hosts for the series. This show is solely focused on the KGC. Whereas other shows have produced a single episode about the KGC, this entire series will revolve around the KGC and follow actual KGC experts on their hunt.

I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to anyone involved in researching the KGC, and/or hunting for KGC depositories. You can reach me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Kevin Hoban
Co-Executive Producer
[email protected]

Hi Kevin and Welcome To Tnet!!

I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them...

Does BCE foot the bill for travel and all expenditures?

If any KGC Depositories were found, how would any tangible items of value be distributed?

Thanks Kevin,

Kace

OP
OP
K

khoban

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kace,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, the show would pay for all travel and expenditures. Plus, there would be a stipend paid to all participants in the show. This could be a great way to get financial backing for expeditions that you might not otherwise embark on.

Regarding the depositories, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but more than likely, the hunter would keep all items -- and the profits made from them -- for themselves. The show is just there to document the journey.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank You Kevin!

There are a few here that have 'cracked the code' they say! I hope that your project comes to fruition...It would be a great show!

Best Regards,
Kace

pryan67

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Kevin!

There are a few here that have 'cracked the code' they say! I hope that your project comes to fruition...It would be a great show!

Best Regards,
Kace

If they've REALLY "cracked the code", then they would be wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice...

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they've REALLY "cracked the code", then they would be wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice...

Maybe some are "wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice" from cracking the code but only the IRS would know for sure. :)
~Texas Jay

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Hi P,

My understanding is...by reading the posts here on Tnet, the reason the mega depositories haven't been recovered by those who say they know where they all are is because of lack of finances to fund an excavation.

Mr. Hoban of BCE said all expenditures would be covered along with travel and that the KGC experts/finders would even get stipends and more than likely be able to keep everything recovered. That's not counting the exposure they would get..and the funding opportunities after Just One Mega Depository is Recovered. That's Huge!

That's Great News For These Guys!! The rest of us can watch how their journey unfolded and how they were able to crack the KGC codes!

I can see No Reason not to take Mr Hoban and BCE up on their generous offer. Right? Or am I missing something?

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Kace, there is always that the government will not let them dig.

Actually, you can get mining permits on a lot of federal and state land. You do have to fill out a large book of forms and get a background check on all employees. If it's not a military installation or like Mt Rushmore..ish..

Every year people can apply for permits. The land has to be reclaimed of course. But in some instances if you improve the land to attract tourists/wildlife grants are given. It can be done. There are just a lot of guidelines to follow. The KGC guys say they know exactly where depositories are so they wouldn't be tearing up hundreds of acres.

Not all KGC depositories would be on federal or state land and with this offer that has been made..Just One Mega Depository would have to be found publicly for other avenues to open on lands.

The other thing is, I'm sure BCE would not have made this generous offer without doing Due Diligence.

Stay positive E...We are on the verge of seeing History Uncovered!

Kace

Last edited:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, you can get mining permits on a lot of federal and state land. You do have to fill out a large book of forms and get a background check on all employees. If it's not a military installation or like Mt Rushmore..ish..

Every year people can apply for permits. The land has to be reclaimed of course. But in some instances if you improve the land to attract tourists/wildlife grants are given. It can be done. There are just a lot of guidelines to follow. The KGC guys say they know exactly where depositories are so they wouldn't be tearing up hundreds of acres.

Not all KGC depositories would be on federal or state land and with this offer that has been made..Just One Mega Depository would have to be found publicly for other avenues to open on lands.

The other thing is, I'm sure BCE would not have made this generous offer without doing Due Diligence.

Stay positive E...We are on the verge of seeing History Uncovered!

Kace

There's also the cold, hard fact that many of the depositories are on or under public or military land, such as state, federal, and other parks so they are covered up with structures and there's no way one can get permits to dig up public park areas to recover the depositories underneath. The rest are on private land so then you have to deal with landowners for the right to retrieve the treasure on their land. That's a very complicated thing to do without giving away the exact location of the treasure to the landowner who can then decide to keep it all for himself. Most of us try to locate the depositories, even though they can't be entered, in order to be able to locate the smaller, but still profitable, marker caches which surround every KGC vault. These caches are shallower (3-5 feet deep in most cases) and can be easily dug up, that is, if you're not being stalked to your location which has happened to me on several occasions. My late partner and I had a marker cache stolen out from under us because we were being tracked and monitored every time we visited a particular site. We greatly underestimated the greed and abilities of unscrupulous treasure hunters. That valuable lesson cost us approximately $250,000 in gold coins. And, of course, you have the IRS to contend with as well as state archeological laws. All of that being said, I do believe that a series like Kevin proposes would do a lot of good in educating Americans about the important but little-known organization, the Knights of the Golden Circle, and it would certainly draw plenty of enthusiastic viewers.
~Texas Jay

http://knightsofthegoldencircle.webs.com - my website

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I do get what you are saying TJ...I'm not saying every site would be a piece of cake...by any means. I know some wouldn't be. Mr Hoban had to know that too before making an offer like they have.

I think that with the amount of depositories that you guys said you have the locations to it's sure not gonna be that hard to find a few or even One to recover especially with the backing of Mr. Hoban and BCE. No doubt in my mind they have done due diligence and know what a venture like this will entail. Putting serious and reputable people along with a good business history, contract attorneys and a crack PR department can open more doors than an individual can with few details on a secretive organization along with a map, rock or tree.

I'd venture to guess they've been monitoring posts here and have a very good handle on who all have said that they have cracked the KGC code and found the locationS of many mega depositories and know the story of Knights of the Golden Circle from the beginning to present day. I'd also guess they aren't looking to find just mason jars. That's been shown before and Mr Hoban said they wanted to do a series on the history of KGC and the hunt for vault depositories. Not just a show.

There's been way too many treasure hunting shows on with no treasure found that going on the KGC hunt like they want to do and even uncovering One Mega Depository would be unprecedented! Many people have no idea of KGC and the history and whys and goals of the organization or the mega depositories all of you guys describe. It would be a Great Series!

I truly hope this comes to fruition. I also hope that it includes some Tnet members. My DVR will be set!

Kace

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they want anything to do with a recovery, digging or even to know about a planned recovery. They know they would be spending a lot of time going to court hearings if a recovery was made public,or on hear say on a site they where involved in filming. I think they would rather have a very knowledgeable armchair treasure hunter with no desire to make a recovery,way less chance or problems with the courts. They need a colorful good screen presence,knowledgeable real life KGC actor. I dont think they want a recovery.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

Thank you,

Kevin Hoban
Co-Executive Producer
[email protected]

There are a couple on the forum that most likely would be interested. That being "Jack Myers" with his book "Knight's Gold" a story of the gold found at a KT's building. I do not remember his avatar. Also L.C. Baker and his quest to find his KGC treasure with his book, "The Ones that Got Away, Knights of the Golden Circle Exposed.

My two partners may be interested but for myself I do not have the free time. I could help my partners with research and locations of where to find these depositories. The only problems is really difficult to over come. ECS is most likely right that we can not do these because the US, State and City Governments will not let us dig. Some of these depositories are in the open woodlands but they are on either US Forestry Property or some Federal or State Parks. I know that is not much of an excuse but when you try for years to circumvent these obstacles you will find exactly how difficult these landlowners can be with their red tape and all.

I know exactly where three of these depositories are located. Their distance from certain locations, their compass readings, how deep they are buried and what the treasure is contained in and their dollar value at the time when they were buried. PROBLEM All three depositories are located in three different cemeteries. There is a fourth in this area but the contents are not listed.

Now I also know the general areas of five other depositories. But no exact location only a general location such as the name of a town, the landowner's name, the name of mountains or historical markers. These 8 depositories contain over $50 Million in gold face value along with 1778 large gold bricks buried split into two locations. I have the general areas but not the exact location and yes some of these are on government land. These 8 depositories today is worth about $12 Billion Dollars.

These 8 depositories are the small depositories the other 50 contain huge amounts of gold and silver upwards of $3 Trillion to $40 Trillion Dollars.

All of these depositories have maps to them and they can be obtained. There has to be a disinterment of a grave where they are located and the grave is in a National Cemetery where permission will never be granted.

OP
OP
K

khoban

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all the replies. Yes, you bring up good points about getting the proper permits, but this is nothing that can't be overcome with due diligence. Thank you for the suggestions as well.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Kace, just wondering... are YOU with BCE-TV...?

No Reb...I Am Not Affiliated With Kevin Hoban or Brian Catalina Entertainment in Any Way.

You know that I've been researching KGC, The Key Players in the History of that organization as well as the more unknowns and behind the scenes players and how KGC ties in with CSA, SOC/DOC, SOL as well as community activities and planning before, during and after the Civil War.

I have really enjoyed reading and learning about Knights of the Golden Circle and Everyone here on Tnet's hunts, signs, symbols and what's in different areas of the country and their stories...Comparing them to my own history.

I've read as you have that there are a few folks here that are absolutely positive through their years of research that they know for a fact the exact locations of KGC Mega Depositories/Vaults that contain billions of dollars of gold and silver. My thinking is that if their research is correct there will also be some sort of documentation and accounting of the funds and just exactly who was involved and what the plans and distribution of assets were/are to be for that depository and maybe other KGC vaults too.

There are a lot of theories that I've read concerning KGC members and what the funds were to be used for, but it would be fascinating to actually have the words of the depositors to know for sure. KGC vaults are the only place these words will be found. No one has found them yet and there has been a lot of dedicated long term searchers. Right? Until at least One is recovered, it's all just guesses and theories...More books that can't have an ending, just someone's thoughts. I like factual reasons and endings. Anyone who does any kind of hunting wants a successful ending to their hunt. Right?

Mr Hoban's outline of what BCE's plans are for a series to recount and document either one person's journey or a team of searchers from the start of their research into KGC to finding the exact locations of KGC depositories/vaults and that offer knocks down the roadblocks that have stood in these KGC vault hunters way... keeping them from recovering whatever is in these vaults solves the main problem that these guys say have stopped them from proving their research is correct...Which in every case that I've read has been equipment, manpower and the resources to make a recovery like this happen. In TJ's case he said his KGC vault location was compromised and he lost $250k in gold coin. This offer that BCE has proposed would solve those future problems too. Land owners would be more willing to grant access and keep the area secure for a reputable hunter.

My hopes are that Mr Hoban/BCE choose a few members from Tnet that are certain of their research and can work together recounting their journeys and End With A Known KGC Vault Location and Recover It. I'd like to see this for the historical significance and also so these guys that have spent years hunting these vaults have confirmation that their beliefs and confidence in their KGC Vaults/Depositories research has not been in vain. It would also be beneficial for other KGC vault hunters to see these stories told that have an ending. We've all found small amounts buried, but according to TJ's recent post on this thread those are located at times around the larger mega depository. I'd like to see how that works..wouldn't you?

What I don't want to see is another Pastore in Kansas type of show...Nobody liked that from what I've heard and read. That's why this offer to KGC experts that are Certain of KGC Vault Locations is exciting to me...it would be real and documented with an Ending In A Vault Recovery as well as telling the history of KGC.

I think it's a win-win...The only thing I have to gain is knowledge, but I'd like to see all parties involved be successful while I watch from the sidelines!

Kace

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No Reb...I Am Not Affiliated With Kevin Hoban or Brian Catalina Entertainment in Any Way.

You know that I've been researching KGC, The Key Players in the History of that organization as well as the more unknowns and behind the scenes players and how KGC ties in with CSA, SOC/DOC, SOL as well as community activities and planning before, during and after the Civil War.

I have really enjoyed reading and learning about Knights of the Golden Circle and Everyone here on Tnet's hunts, signs, symbols and what's in different areas of the country and their stories...Comparing them to my own history.

I've read as you have that there are a few folks here that are absolutely positive through their years of research that they know for a fact the exact locations of KGC Mega Depositories/Vaults that contain billions of dollars of gold and silver. My thinking is that if their research is correct there will also be some sort of documentation and accounting of the funds and just exactly who was involved and what the plans and distribution of assets were/are to be for that depository and maybe other KGC vaults too.

There are a lot of theories that I've read concerning KGC members and what the funds were to be used for, but it would be fascinating to actually have the words of the depositors to know for sure. KGC vaults are the only place these words will be found. No one has found them yet and there has been a lot of dedicated long term searchers. Right? Until at least One is recovered, it's all just guesses and theories...More books that can't have an ending, just someone's thoughts. I like factual reasons and endings. Anyone who does any kind of hunting wants a successful ending to their hunt. Right?

Mr Hoban's outline of what BCE's plans are for a series to recount and document either one person's journey or a team of searchers from the start of their research into KGC to finding the exact locations of KGC depositories/vaults and that offer knocks down the roadblocks that have stood in these KGC vault hunters way... keeping them from recovering whatever is in these vaults solves the main problem that these guys say have stopped them from proving their research is correct...Which in every case that I've read has been equipment, manpower and the resources to make a recovery like this happen. In TJ's case he said his KGC vault location was compromised and he lost $250k in gold coin. This offer that BCE has proposed would solve those future problems too. Land owners would be more willing to grant access and keep the area secure for a reputable hunter.

My hopes are that Mr Hoban/BCE choose a few members from Tnet that are certain of their research and can work together recounting their journeys and End With A Known KGC Vault Location and Recover It. I'd like to see this for the historical significance and also so these guys that have spent years hunting these vaults have confirmation that their beliefs and confidence in their KGC Vaults/Depositories research has not been in vain. It would also be beneficial for other KGC vault hunters to see these stories told that have an ending. We've all found small amounts buried, but according to TJ's recent post on this thread those are located at times around the larger mega depository. I'd like to see how that works..wouldn't you?

What I don't want to see is another Pastore in Kansas type of show...Nobody liked that from what I've heard and read. That's why this offer to KGC experts that are Certain of KGC Vault Locations is exciting to me...it would be real and documented with an Ending In A Vault Recovery as well as telling the history of KGC.

I think it's a win-win...The only thing I have to gain is knowledge, but I'd like to see all parties involved be successful while I watch from the sidelines!

Kace

Movie camera's will cut through red tape to do what is not allowed?
They would assure a finder kept even a cent?

I need to keep an eye out for a cheap movie camera to buy!

There must be folks who are willing to blow a cache not belonging to them for publicity' s sake.
Those hot lights can burn a soul though. Even after the camera's are gone.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the very reasons I do not do shows for television anymore. They are usually low budget, get everything done for free. I know this production company promises to pay for travel and the bills but to really get paid they can not do it. Not putting any production company down but I have filmed two times, never got a single dime. I did get a free room for one night during the filming and a free meal at the Peaks of Otter while they were getting information for their dig.

If I could get compensated by the History Channel or the Discovery Channel, I would personally lay all of my research on the line. But to get out for a few shows like the "Rebel Gold" people did is not realistic. All though the "Rebel Gold" treasure hunters did get compensated quite well for their six episodes.

I don't know what I am really trying to say but for me to go on television again, I will need a huge sponsorship and be compensated well and I want to recover a treasure. I do not see making show after show with no treasure like the filming of Oak Island, what are they in to their sixth year and not even a bag of coins? The audience wants to see treasure recovered. I can give it to them and to the world but I need one door to open or it will never happen.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

I know exactly where three of these depositories are located. Their distance from certain locations, their compass readings, how deep they are buried and what the treasure is contained in and their dollar value at the time when they were buried. PROBLEM All three depositories are located in three different cemeteries. There is a fourth in this area but the contents are not listed.

Now I also know the general areas of five other depositories. But no exact location only a general location such as the name of a town, the landowner's name, the name of mountains or historical markers. These 8 depositories contain over $50 Million in gold face value along with 1778 large gold bricks buried split into two locations. I have the general areas but not the exact location and yes some of these are on government land. These 8 depositories today is worth about $12 Billion Dollars.

These 8 depositories are the small depositories the other 50 contain huge amounts of gold and silver upwards of $3 Trillion to $40 Trillion Dollars.

All of these depositories have maps to them and they can be obtained. There has to be a disinterment of a grave where they are located and the grave is in a National Cemetery where permission will never be granted.
Knowing all these KGC depositories locations, you should consider being a paid consultant with points on the back end if any and all treasure is located. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread