OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Slap in the face...interesting. This poses a question...Did wealthy white men, back then, more than likely remove that man from his grave?
Dispose of his body and steal his cemetery plot for something else to be interred in his vault? Do we really know? That just gave me goosebumps...WILL I AM

G.JPG

This man was dug up from beside his wife who was left with no marker and moved to this specific location by Julius Sterling Morton at a time when he was sexton of Wyuka and had full reign of the happenings there. The mans wife was subsequently left without a marker and lost in Wyuka. It was the man's second wife, perhaps she was not considered too important by Mr. Morton? Julius designed this monument area laid the bricks around the monument on his own with some help from laborers of course. The man died in May of 1878 and was removed and placed at the compass point March. 16th, 1882 by Mr Morton by his own doing and cost him $9.00 for labor to dig him up and move him.

L.C.:icon_thumright:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Slap in the face...interesting. This poses a question...Did wealthy white men, back then, more than likely remove that man from his grave?
Dispose of his body and steal his cemetery plot for something else to be interred in his vault? Do we really know? That just gave me goosebumps...WILL I AM

I'm only halfway joking...I've thought about the design with scales and the grade up to the center...I've wondered more than once if that slab lifts up to something underneath. Or slides to the side revealing stairs.

That would be hiding in plain sight!! ;)

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny you should mention the Mormons, I was just reading of how significant they were in Davies County Missouri. If you wonder what kind of land Logan Enyart owned 1000 acres of before the Civil War, you only have to look to Joseph Smith's claim when he first arrived there! "According to Latter Day Saint movement founder Joseph Smith, Adam-ondi-Ahman, situated in the central part of the county, was where Adam and Eve relocated after being banished from the Garden of Eden. According to LDS tradition, the site is to be a gathering spot prior to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Joseph Smith's revelation came in 1838, two years after the county was organized, and spurred in an influx of Mormon settlers. Non-Mormon residents feared they were going to lose control of the county and attempted to prevent Mormons from voting in the Gallatin election day battle. This was to be the first skirmish in the Mormon War. Later, the Mormons burned and sacked Gallatin, Grindstone Fork, Millport and other smaller settlements. The plundered goods were deposited in the Bishop's storehouse at Diahman. Millport, which at the time was the largest city in the county and the center for trade, never recovered, and became a ghost town. Missouri evicted the Mormons after arresting Joseph Smith and other leaders of the church." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daviess_County,_Missouri

They were off a tish....They built their spire for Christ to descend in here...One of them anyway. Kace

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/705312028/Jackson-County-temple-lot-saga.html

http://kcur.org/post/bloody-history-mormonism-jackson-county#stream/0

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on logic Williams is in his grave in Tabor. Knew better than to come back to Nebraska City. But the picture that L.C. posted in post#21 we would like to know what is beneath that. A triangle with a stone at its base!!!!!!!!! Compass point!!!!!!!!! Look at the super excellent master degree. A base degree of the KGC.

Think I would drive a 8 food copperweld grounding rod down there when the ground is soft next spring to see if I hit a hollow spot or a stone slab that might be hollowed under it.

Just a idea another, piece of the map?

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a concrete vault under it. The vault is not as long as the monument and it causes the stone to settle on one end over time. We have wanted to see whats in it for a very long time.

L,C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
They were off a tish....They built their spire for Christ to descend in here...One of them anyway. Kace

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/705312028/Jackson-County-temple-lot-saga.html

The Bloody History Of Mormonism In Jackson County | KCUR

A person reads through pages and pages, and then you start finding things written kind of the same, but different. It is funny how we grow to accept terms and place a value or meaning on that term instead of what was being discussed that was important. The Immediate action is to think that it is wrong or was written by a goofball. Origins are at the beginning and we are at the other end of time trying to find them, it is a feat to actually reach one.:icon_thumright:

1859_nebraska.jpg

L.C.

Last edited:

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1530931

This man was dug up from beside his wife who was left with no marker and moved to this specific location by Julius Sterling Morton at a time when he was sexton of Wyuka and had full reign of the happenings there. The mans wife was subsequently left without a marker and lost in Wyuka. It was the man's second wife, perhaps she was not considered too important by Mr. Morton? Julius designed this monument area laid the bricks around the monument on his own with some help from laborers of course. The man died in May of 1878 and was removed and placed at the compass point March. 16th, 1882 by Mr Morton by his own doing and cost him $9.00 for labor to dig him up and move him.

L.C.:icon_thumright:

Have you determined if Morton liked or hated this man? You mentioned the KGC being very vindictive. It appears the unique crypt would not be used if the man was hated.

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm only halfway joking...I've thought about the design with scales and the grade up to the center...I've wondered more than once if that slab lifts up to something underneath. Or slides to the side revealing stairs.

That would be hiding in plain sight!! ;)

Kace

I too...thought of a stairway LOL. To the pit of misery...Dilly Dilly!

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on logic Williams is in his grave in Tabor. Knew better than to come back to Nebraska City. But the picture that L.C. posted in post#21 we would like to know what is beneath that. A triangle with a stone at its base!!!!!!!!! Compass point!!!!!!!!! Look at the super excellent master degree. A base degree of the KGC.

Think I would drive a 8 food copperweld grounding rod down there when the ground is soft next spring to see if I hit a hollow spot or a stone slab that might be hollowed under it.

Just a idea another, piece of the map?

Senior Deacon

Logic tells me Williams started out in that grave, but is he still in there? According to LC's links, Williams was in Civil Bend. The angry white men (SF Nuckolls and party) showed up at Williams door wanting to search his place. Williams told them to go pound sand, and he was beaten severely. The fight wasn't over, and Williams sued Nuckolls for damages and won. Nuckolls had to pay damages to a man of color in the 1800's. But this fight was still not over...Williams builds a barn with his new monies only to have the barn burned down.

So who gets the last laugh with a vindictive group? A man of color buried in a white only cemetery? Or a vindictive group determined
to have the last word (in secret)?

Logic tells me Williams has been long gone. They would not allow it. So what do you do with an empty hole...fill it with what you want/have.
It's already marked by a black pawn (Williams). Safe keeping and in plain sight. It will take a judge's order to crack that safe.
Williams' grave is highly suspicious in my opinion.

KGC link to Tabor IA...needs followed up on with some testing. Such as detecting (2-box and magnetometer) for large iron objects where
none should be. The 2-box will detect conductivity such as gold, silver, copper, nickel, and iron. The magnetometer will detect or eliminate iron. Detection from both indicates the presence of iron, and possibly something other than iron, such as an iron container containing ???
2-box detection only and no magnetometer detection indicates no iron presence, but conductivity from ??? in a container of non conductive
material such as glass (jars), wood (keg), ceramic (crock, pottery).

LC is not telling us he found a jar of buffalo nickels. Shhhh.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a concrete vault under it. The vault is not as long as the monument and it causes the stone to settle on one end over time. We have wanted to see whats in it for a very long time.

L,C.

What year did Morton move Gantt?....

The reason I ask is because I remember thinking when I saw this the first time, not knowing Morton had moved him, that Gantt died in 1878 and the first Concrete Vault used in the USA was in 1880.

I assumed that it was lined with the same type of bricks used around it. I know I shouldn't assume...but I did.

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you determined if Morton liked or hated this man? You mentioned the KGC being very vindictive. It appears the unique crypt would not be used if the man was hated.

The man was appointed to a high position in Nebraska by Abraham Lincoln and he had investment ties to Saratoga which would not have made him a popular fellow in Nebraska City. There are many specifics about his life that are very intriguing. It turns out he was involved in a lot of law matters of the Territory that would have been of grave concern to the K.G.C. at that time as well. Friend of foe? An inside man is the best to have when you are a secret society trying to form the laws of a territory to suit your purpose. It is a fact that he could not afford to bring his whole family West until he took care of business for a group of men in Nebraska that "concerned a way of life there". What that matter was is up to the reader I guess.

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

The reason I ask is because I remember thinking when I saw this the first time, not knowing Morton had moved him, that Gantt died in 1878 and the first Concrete Vault used in the USA was in 1880.

I assumed that it was lined with the same type of bricks used around it. I know I shouldn't assume...but I did.

Kace

It is not that kind of vault, it is smaller than one you would put a body in and it is buried much more shallow than one would expect as well.

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Kace
The stone was carved by F.O. Cross who made it in Chicago and then sent it by train to Nebraska City. It arrived there on March 25th, 1882 and was received by Mr. Morton who would also pay the $9 to have it placed on the site that was created,chosen, and numbered by him. He was the sole Committeeman from the State Bar Association to attend to it physically and financially. He also chose what was to be inscribed below the scales on a later date and met with F.O. Cross on a later date at Wyuka and watched him carve it into the monument and remedy another defect in the marker.
L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
To some it up, it was "An Act to recieve $ from the Federal Government in most cases to "start" projects without completion dates, or named parties that sold and received goods and materials for said endless projects, and laws regulations / put in place to receive, sell, or build and maintain many many State and Federal positions in the building of state institutions including schools and colleges as well as Federal and State buildings in a lot of places throughout Nebraska. There were also laws to aide and assist those with the $. It started long before this report.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Q...ugene munn nebraska city Logan enyart&f=false

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
It is not that kind of vault, it is smaller than one you would put a body in and it is buried much more shallow than one would expect as well.

L.C.

THAT Sounds Very Interesting!

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pondering a few things. Very odd but maybe a slap in the face back to the Abolitionists in Tabor. Tit for tat!!!!! The country was almost lawless at that time in history. Even 1882 Nebraska/Kansas was the wild west. Almost anything went and no questions asked. With a man as well connected as Morton an Nuckolls it's better to keep your mouth shut and live to fight a battle you can win. True law men were few and far between. Jim Courtright, Seth Bullock, the Masterson boys, the Earp Brothers, and the three Guardsmen were as close as it came to the Nebraska territory. All the rest just kept the drunks off the streets after the saloons closed. Cattle Drives, Outlaws, Indians, Bootleggers, throw in the KGC and former confederate soldiers and union men. The law didn't really come to Nebraska until after the Kincaid Act.

Keep you eyes on the prize. These side stories just tell us we are on the right track. Interesting some entertaining but will lead to to prize.

Gantt most likely was a pawn. But he could be and mostly was a tool of the Tabor bunch of Abolitionist, the Beecher bunch from Boston and New York, and the Lincoln wing of the Republican party in one way or another. A low level shill that Morton could manipulate. Even after death!!!!!!!!!

Just my humble opinion.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question for L. C. and Rebel has anyone looked into General Grenville Dodge. Any involvement with O.A.K. ?????? Real seems there should be. Have been doing some reading of Iowa history and the Council Bluffs and Omaha connection to him. He is almost like a spider in the middle of a web. Don't think railroads were his only interest. Cattle, Hogs, Ice??????? Ideas!!!!!!!

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Pondering a few things. Very odd but maybe a slap in the face back to the Abolitionists in Tabor. Tit for tat!!!!! The country was almost lawless at that time in history. Even 1882 Nebraska/Kansas was the wild west. Almost anything went and no questions asked. With a man as well connected as Morton an Nuckolls it's better to keep your mouth shut and live to fight a battle you can win. True law men were few and far between. Jim Courtright, Seth Bullock, the Masterson boys, the Earp Brothers, and the three Guardsmen were as close as it came to the Nebraska territory. All the rest just kept the drunks off the streets after the saloons closed. Cattle Drives, Outlaws, Indians, Bootleggers, throw in the KGC and former confederate soldiers and union men. The law didn't really come to Nebraska until after the Kincaid Act.

Keep you eyes on the prize. These side stories just tell us we are on the right track. Interesting some entertaining but will lead to to prize.

Gantt most likely was a pawn. But he could be and mostly was a tool of the Tabor bunch of Abolitionist, the Beecher bunch from Boston and New York, and the Lincoln wing of the Republican party in one way or another. A low level shill that Morton could manipulate. Even after death!!!!!!!!!

Just my humble opinion.

Senior Deacon

Almost all of these men I have spoke of have documents including some diaries in Lincoln at the Historical society. I could spend every day there for more than a month if it was feasible to do. They were talking to themselves about themselves when they wrote those diaries. In some cases the letters between family and friends are also very revealing. When I come out of there after a day well spent, I feel like my brain is in the 1800's and my body is in 2017. I usually have more notes than I went in with and at least one or two new people to study. The K.G.C. map is never out of my mind and the pursuit of the prize has always been the goal. I am just one of those analytical S.O.B.'s that wants to know who when what and where so I can apply it to find the truth in the stories that have been told for 150 years. The K.G.C. tended to make examples out of those that crossed them or went against their grain. Generally the ones that crossed them ended up with a short illness or unexpected carriage accident in the street. One gentleman offered Morton 4 corner lots of his choosing in Omaha to make it right with him after changing the K.G.C.'s plans, that man died not too long after that and as far as I have read Julius Morton never accepted his offer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
A question for L. C. and Rebel has anyone looked into General Grenville Dodge. Any involvement with O.A.K. ?????? Real seems there should be. Have been doing some reading of Iowa history and the Council Bluffs and Omaha connection to him. He is almost like a spider in the middle of a web. Don't think railroads were his only interest. Cattle, Hogs, Ice??????? Ideas!!!!!!!

Senior Deacon

It was Thomas B. Cuming who changed the K.G.C.'s plans for Nebraska City to become the capitol of Nebraska and instead he made Omaha the capitol. That placed the Transcontinental hub in Omaha instead of Nebraska City. It also helps to explain why the rails turn South as soon as they leave Omaha and turn back West after reaching a spot straight West of Nebraska City and continue from that point to Utah. Cuming never saw it happen. He died on 23 Mar 1858, he died suddenly at the age of 30 while on a trip to Omaha, Nebraska. There is an article that I found about his "unexpected" death that speaks of a carriage accident while he was crossing the street. Wiki has nothing about his death or the cause of it. Have you heard of a man named Collis Potter Huntington?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collis_Potter_Huntington

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_B._Cuming

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1863 there was an attempt to blow up the Fremont County court house at Sidney with a gunny sack full of dynamite. The damage to the structure cost the county $2000 in repairs. There is no explanation given for the attack on the courthouse.

Indirectly this man is who S.F. Nuckolls was dealing with when he went to Civil Bend and Tabor Iowa searching for his runaway slave girls. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Todd_(abolitionist)

S.F. Nuckolls and his men were arrested and later stood trial for the damage to Rube Williams for his loss of hearing as a result of Nuckoll's brother's gun butt to his head when they had first arrived in Tabor. Williams was an indentured servant of a man who sued Nuckolls for his deafened servant. That trial took place in Sidney not too long before the courthouse was blown up. There was a church in Tabor that was destroyed much in the same manner. Later on Rube Williams would build himself a house and barn that would also be burned in the night. There is a whole lot of circumstantial evidence that points to the Knights being behind the mischievous doings, but nothing solid. It was a ruff neck of the woods in those days.

L.C.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread