Hoot Owl Trees & Pointer Rocks of the KGC

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, TJ. I had looked at that web page before, and it is good stuff. This time reading over it, I think some things clicked for me in a way that they had not before, and now I am certain that at least two of the trails I am working are KGC.
Isn't that weird how you can read something like that one time, and then read the same material many months later....and things just click in a way they didn't before?

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, TJ. I had looked at that web page before, and it is good stuff. This time reading over it, I think some things clicked for me in a way that they had not before, and now I am certain that at least two of the trails I am working are KGC.
Isn't that weird how you can read something like that one time, and then read the same material many months later....and things just click in a way they didn't before?

You're welcome, guys. Yes, miboje, that happens to me quite often. That's why I'm currently reading some old treasure magazines from the late 60s and early 70s. I read most of them way back when they were published but I have decades more treasure hunting experience and knowledge now than I did back then when I was just starting out so things that I just read at a glance long ago now seem to jump right off the page at me. And with the magic of the Internet, now we can research them easily and in much more depth than we could back then.
~Texas Jay

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome, guys. Yes, miboje, that happens to me quite often. That's why I'm currently reading some old treasure magazines from the late 60s and early 70s. I read most of them way back when they were published but I have decades more treasure hunting experience and knowledge now than I did back then when I was just starting out so things that I just read at a glance long ago now seem to jump right off the page at me. And with the magic of the Internet, now we can research them easily and in much more depth than we could back then.
~Texas Jay

Ah, great idea to go back and read old literature with new eyes.
Agreed. We live in unprecedented times because of the Internet.

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great read, gives me faith that my signs aren't just coincidence and happen-stance

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome material! I'm going to Denver, I'll have look around
the area! I know the KGC was there and probably still there! Is there a cache there? If it is I hope to spot it!�� LOL

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done interviews in the SLV with the O.G. pioneers family,s it was on something else I have been looking for awhile now.A Lot of the folks I interviewed talked about the soldiers after the war, I have not had a lot of belief in the KGC up to that time.Now I have come across these books how interesting about how the confederacy actually had soldiers that were elected into the colorado government after the war.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have done interviews in the SLV with the O.G. pioneers family,s it was on something else I have been looking for awhile now.A Lot of the folks I interviewed talked about the soldiers after the war, I have not had a lot of belief in the KGC up to that time.Now I have come across these books how interesting about how the confederacy actually had soldiers that were elected into the colorado government after the war.

Have you ever looked into a man named H. P. Bennet and his influence in Colorado? He left Nebraska City and moved to Colorado along with another man named S. F. Nuckolls who built Nebraska City. By 1863 they had already began to repeat what they had tried in Nebraska Territory.
https://books.google.com/books?id=z...s0KHXOmDhsQ6AEwAXoECBIQAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

L.C.:icon_thumright:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever looked into a man named H. P. Bennet and his influence in Colorado? He left Nebraska City and moved to Colorado along with another man named S. F. Nuckolls who built Nebraska City. By 1863 they had already began to repeat what they had tried in Nebraska Territory.
https://books.google.com/books?id=z...s0KHXOmDhsQ6AEwAXoECBIQAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

L.C.:icon_thumright:

I have not looked Bennet up,I have to be honest I never took the KGC serious but in the last 2 years I have came across some things of interest. I also have and acquaintance now who is very interested in the KGC. This person knows I deal a lot in the Spanish and would like me to look into some of the things associated with the KGC and how they marked there areas. So I am trying to get my knowledge base going to better understand there ways.Thank you so much L.C. for the info and the rest of you on here to.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have actually been doing some research on a feller named Clay Allison.

Signman

Feb 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P91-11.JPG
Hootowl2.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Signman

Feb 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your 'expert' opinion. Does it mean anything to you that the shorter one pointed 338 degrees and the taller one points 61 degrees?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it does not.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , A smart person would use a hand mirror or today a smart phone camera to look up trees. You will not get a sore neck or fall on a unseen ground hazard . Who is the expert ? TP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions