OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe Jesse was a member of the K.K.K. along with every member of the K.G.C. I also believe they were all masons. So as a prerequisite of being a member of the K.G.C. you were also a mason and a member of the K.K.K. But that is my opinion only. The prerequisite could involve more than these 2 organizations ... so everyone is on the same page, so to speak.

Agree 100% with all of that...so it is not our opinion it is a theory at this point.

:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This caught my attention:

"On July 27, 1868 ? about 18 months before Capt. John Sheets was murdered by Frank and Jesse James during the savings association robbery in Gallatin ? Capt. Brumfield was shot and killed south of the courthouse by Pvt. Solomon Tomlin. Tomlin had served in Brumfield’s command at Breckenridge for 68 days in 1862-63.

Unlike Capt. Sheets, Brumfield was not liked nor respected. In November, 1868, a grand jury issued a bill charging Tomlin with murder in the first degree but Tomlin was never tried in court. The particulars of the charge were written in a humorous language, and Tomlin had long since left the county with his family."

It seems to me that Davies County was still fighting the war for quite a while after they said it was over. There are a lot of killings that took place there prior to the event Dec 7 1869. It was a heated neck of the woods to be in for sure!

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
This caught my attention:

"On July 27, 1868 ? about 18 months before Capt. John Sheets was murdered by Frank and Jesse James during the savings association robbery in Gallatin ? Capt. Brumfield was shot and killed south of the courthouse by Pvt. Solomon Tomlin. Tomlin had served in Brumfield’s command at Breckenridge for 68 days in 1862-63.

Unlike Capt. Sheets, Brumfield was not liked nor respected. In November, 1868, a grand jury issued a bill charging Tomlin with murder in the first degree but Tomlin was never tried in court. The particulars of the charge were written in a humorous language, and Tomlin had long since left the county with his family."

It seems to me that Davies County was still fighting the war for quite a while after they said it was over. There are a lot of killings that took place there prior to the event Dec 7 1869. It was a heated neck of the woods to be in for sure!

Maybe somewhat understandable, when considering all
the severe atrocities, that were reported to have been
committed initially, by ruthless northern raiders...

Cool stuff, fascinating info L.C. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have another question. Did all the KGC major caches put iron and steel above them so as to be able to find the location of the cache using a compass needle?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have another question. Did all the KGC major caches put iron and steel above them so as to be able to find the location of the cache using a compass needle?

I have read that was true, but in our case, the headings we received were in code on recovered relics that we were led to by a certain star's position on a certain month and day, from the point that had already been gained on the trail and the distance was given in sea measurements. Always the brightest star in a constellation, for instance, Capella. April 10th, Two leagues, 20 Fathoms.

L.C.

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read that was true, but in our case, the headings we received were in code on recovered relics that we were led to by a certain star's position on a certain month and day, from the point that had already been gained on the trail and the distance was given in sea measurements. Always the brightest star in a constellation, for instance, Capella. April 10th, Two leagues, 20 Fathoms.

L.C.

Oh wow, I had never heard that before. Thank you!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NO. Unless you are talking about the treasures they hid "Hitler Style" leaving them in the boxcars on a train in a railroad tunnel and blowing in both ends of the tunnel. Then YES.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh wow, I had never heard that before. Thank you!

There is a good reason why Julius Morton had an observatory in his mansion's rooftop. Nebraska had almost no landmarks besides waterways in 1854. Trees were almost nonexistent at that time and the prairie looked like an ocean of green grass. The wing made waves in the grass when it blew. All of the surveying was done by the stars and I believe that is also why sea measurements were used. There is also a stone anchor located on a Gunsite Tree involved with this treasure trail. They had to make the trees in Nebraska, and they set them well in a place that they thought would not ever be disturbed.

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

petrified oak stone anchor gunsight tree.png

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe I talked about it early on in about 2014. It has been a while since I mentioned the sea measurements. That is how they moved the long distances, the short ones are in code.

:icon_thumright: Does that tree point to anything within eyesight?

L.C.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe I talked about it early on in about 2014. It has been a while since I mentioned the sea measurements. That is how they moved the long distances, the short ones are in code.

:icon_thumright: Does that tree point to anything within eyesight?

L.C.

Sure, other trees, & there's various rocks around...

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Not quite sure why they took my other thread down. "I have K.G.C. Maps and I'm Looking for one or two Partners" Evidently I have done something against the treasurenet code of ethics....:dontknow:
bird.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure was windy again today, but the weather was fantastic. I can't wait to get in the field this year!:icon_thumright:

wr.jpg

Spring will be here before long I saw a Robin today. When I see a Buzzard It will be here.!!!!

Last edited:

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ready where are going to start? We'll get every piece of treasure out there! We can start in Danville Virginia!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread