How the KGC Built its Huge Treasure Reserves after the War

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The following is part of my reply to a friend who asked for my thoughts on this passage.
~Jay~
I've thought about this passage a lot over the past day. We know that the KGC in the North were often called "Copperheads" so I've considered the possibility that the copperhead was the snake he was thinking of rather than the foreign cobra but I don't know that for a fact.
The O.R. is full of reports saying how successful the KGC was at causing thousands of men to desert from the Federal ranks, especially in Missouri so the author is right on the money in that statement. Since the author wasn't a Knight, he wrongly assumed, in my opinion, that the Knights hid their badges out of shame. The KGC didn't, of course, display them proudly because they were trying to recruit deserters and the Union officers were very well aware that this was happening so they would have immediately punished anyone caught encouraging desertion.
I don't believe that the KGC was hoarding treasure to fight another civil war unless, of course, that became necessary and it didn't. They soon learned that they could build up their treasury (concealed in various depositories around the country) without having to rely on outlawed slavery. In the years following Reconstruction (beginning in the 1870s) the Knights of the Golden Circle set up some of their most trusted members into highly profitable businesses of their own like banks, general stores, livery stables, bootlegging, counterfeiting, and even bank and train-robbing. In turn, these new business owners contributed up to 50% of their profits back to the KGC treasury. (Roy Roush) Rather than "depositing" these funds into the treasury in the form of paper notes, which would of course deteriorate in a few years, they converted these profits to gold and silver which could always be used in the future, either as currency or in trading with foreign countries. This also served to weaken the Federal economy, whose monetary system was based on precious metals, while strengthening the economy of the South. As we all know, the South prospered in the years following Reconstruction. What we all don't know is that the Knights of the Golden Circle was responsible, for the most part, for that prosperity.

Blog - Knights of the Golden Circle

~Texas Jay

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The civil war should had never been fought. God have mercy on those on both sides who were injury and those who were killed.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I thought the second one was going on still....or maybe we are in the third by now....:dontknow:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It wasn't Reconstruction, it was Military Occupation plain and simple

It was Reconstruction alright, but the guys in charge of the plans were all K.G.C. By 1905 they had it whipped .and the next generation took off from there :icon_thumright:

Teddy at Arbor Lodge meeting.jpg

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
YEP! Copperheads (anti-Lincoln, PRO-South) were VERY active in MD, from Baltimore & East-side towards the South; JWB had help from MANY Copperheads in that area. My Ma & I went on a tour there, a LONG time ago... starting with Ford Theater. Had family in that area, that we visited, I was @ 8 or 9.

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi LC,

Is there a listing somewhere that lists the men in your picture below, or some of them anyway (?). I find the picture fascinating.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi LC,

Is there a listing somewhere that lists the men in your picture below, or some of them anyway (?). I find the picture fascinating.

I believe I have posted the ones that I know, but it is on another thread. Here is a couple. The most interesting to me is the fact that in the picture they are set at the top of a giant K.G.C. Heart, near four other K.G.C. markers. There are no women present in the photo leading me to believe it is a private meeting to celebrate. The first thing Paul Morton did as sec of the Navy is dispose of all wooden ships and make them steel and that created much $$$$$$$$$ for this group of "investors." who happen to be monopolists, that are surrounding the "Trust Buster" who was obviously accepted by the group pictured.

L.C.

andrew-carnegie-at meeting.jpg Teddy at Arbor Lodge.png ARBOR LODGE HEART 1904 group.jpg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Those guys were O.A.K. guys; part of the 3rd Degree KGC in NYC becoming O.A.K. with LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$! Sorta like Blue Lodge Freemasons joining the SCOTTISH RITE, MAINLY of the Southern Jurisdiction (Albert Pike). WHEW!

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
HA! Those guys were O.A.K. guys; part of the 3rd Degree KGC in NYC becoming O.A.K. with LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$! Sorta like Blue Lodge Freemasons joining the SCOTTISH RITE, MAINLY of the Southern Jurisdiction (Albert Pike). WHEW!

S.F. Nuckolls spent a few years in Brunswick New Jersey and frequented New York City. In 1866 he and his partner Hirum P. Bennet sold Colorado land out of their office located at 100 Broadway New York City.

View attachment 1581150

Mr. Bennet was also part of the legislature with Mr. Nuckolls as well as a full partner in the fraudulent La Abra Silver mine in Mexico.
https://books.google.com/books?id=g...e&q=Nuckolls and Bennet New York 1866&f=false
https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/175/423/
Nuckolls was in Kansas to help form the community that wrote Lee Compton Constitution allowing slavery, they got shot down...twice, moved to Nebraska they tried the same thing until 1861 and then from the end of the war in 1865 until 1867 refusing all of that time to take the "of white men for white men" out of the preamble of the constitution until then(apointed K.G.C. men voted out of the state government). Then off to Colorado, and Wyoming to set up their first governments as well. They were front men for the K.G.C. following orders trying to take first control of the territories before they were states and then the states that were forming their first governments and laws.

" Buchanan supported the introduction of Kansas as slave state
Kansas constitution was pro-slave
People voted down that version of the constitution
Pro-slavers claimed vote fraud
Lee-Compton Constitution re-submitted and rejected
With no constitution, Kansas couldn't become a state"
APStudent.com: U.S. History for AP Students

Buchanan selected Julius Morton for Nebraska Territory, but Morton carried a letter from Lewis Cass to meet the man Franklin Pierce selected for governor Francis Burt a slave owner from Pendleton S.C. "That is what you call "well connected"8-)
Cover of Letter From Cass to Burt.JPG

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• inside letter from Cass to Burt.jpg
    inside letter from Cass to Burt.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Illuminati started in EUROPE, with the Enlightenment "movement"; Prez G. Washington in America banned 'em from Masonic Lodges in the NE, like Boston... (I think).

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Illuminati started in EUROPE, with the Enlightenment "movement"; Prez G. Washington in America banned 'em from Masonic Lodges in the NE, like Boston... (I think).

I have read a few theories of the beginning of the society and where it came from but it all leads to speculations and not much physical evidence and no real facts to support the theories without a leap of faith. Who can really say for sure what happened over the decades after decades with a secret society of rich men confident in insider trading, hostile takeovers, monopoly management complete with fraud and deception in the Supreme Court? Eventually, they had to defend themselves against the Yankees again, but it was in the form of the FCC and the FTC the Yankees did battle with them. They never realized the monopolists they battled were the K.G.C. and the O.A.K. By the early 1900's when that photo was taken who knows what the O.A.K. could have reformed as, just like the K.G.C. had done in 1863 when they broke apart and the O.A.K. was formed by some of the highest ranking members of the invisible inner circle.

L.C.:icon_thumright:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Of course, the ORIGINAL "Lodges" kept membership rolls, SECRET; today's Illuminati "conspiracies" has NOTHING to do with the "ORIGINAL"; when I was active in the R+C Order, I was ILLUMINATI... having reached the 9th degree. I quit after the 12th; it became BS! ANYWAY, it was sorta like the Scottish Rite of the FreeMasons; I was in BOTH, at the same time. I enjoyed SR/SJ more...

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel, I believe the illumination of the Illuminati I am speaking of has a lot more " WATTS,"8-) as in secret knowledge that they are illuminated with. The kind of secret knowledge that made the ones it shined on billions of dollars. Illegal dollars in most cases, as in dollars that were never recorded or accounted for by anyone. After some time, their assets on piles of :coinbag::tchest::tchest::tchest::love9:

L.C.:icon_thumright:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! The "SECRET" knowledge of the old Order R + C was of the ENLIGHTENMENT "movement", when ppl first became FREETHINKERS. Ben Franklin of America, with "exposure" to such, "invented" much & had many "new" ideas for America.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread