OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is excellent research on the script that was used by the K.G.C. as an eye catcher Kace keep up the good work. The point you are missing or avoiding, I don't know which, is in order to hide a treasure symbol in plain sight it has got to have a plain explanation otherwise it would stick out to EVERYBODY and draw EVERYONE's attention to it! If you are trying to make a point about the T symbol not being used by the secret society of the K.G.C. to mark a treasure trail then you are very mistaken as it has already lead to the next clue and next site. That was part of the "secret" I have not explained yet, I will post a video for you guys to watch on youtube so you can see how the symbolism is used by them on this trail. Kace has selected to discuss the symbol and I will show you guys how everything she has studied and taken the time to put together for us is 100% true and that the symbol she pictured above was also used by the K.G.C. in Nebraska to hide a specific heading on a trail not once, but twice. Right now we are involved in the hunt so I can't say much more about any specifics of the sites until I publish the video of the hunts as they happen. A picture is worth a thousand words, but only if the people seeing it can understand the picture as explained. :icon_thumleft: The video will make it easier for everyone to understand how it was used in real time and leave NO doubt or errand to figure for the skeptics and the explanation for the choice of script chosen by the society to use to mark their trail will become evident to all.:icon_thumleft:

Until then, :occasion14:

P.S. to give you an idea of how unique the font is, look for it in the cemetery the next time you visit one. :icon_thumright:

P.S.S. If you find it I would like to see a picture of it.:notworthy:

Also, look at this symbol and then back up at the "two square" symbol as you called it. This is what the society used the symbol for on this trail. It was to reflect the compass rose and the Cresent Moon was used by them to indicate a new beginning from that point. My video will show you what they wanted to be done at the site in order to move on to the next place on the trail of caches they left. When you see how it unfolds it will be self-explanatory, that is the great thing about a video!

View attachment 1700612

On the map recovered they used this symbol for the same thing, except it has coded numbers and letters and symbols around it for direction.

View attachment 1700613

Before we get into your posts....Your Attachments Didn't Open...Please Post Again So I Can Figure Out What You're Talking About. Thanks.

Kace

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
That is excellent research on the script that was used by the K.G.C. as an eye catcher Kace keep up the good work. The point you are missing or avoiding, I don't know which, is in order to hide a treasure symbol in plain sight it has got to have a plain explanation otherwise it would stick out to EVERYBODY and draw EVERYONE's attention to it! If you are trying to make a point about the T symbol not being used by the secret society of the K.G.C. to mark a treasure trail then you are very mistaken as it has already lead to the next clue and next site. That was part of the "secret" I have not explained yet, I will post a video for you guys to watch on youtube so you can see how the symbolism is used by them on this trail. Kace has selected to discuss the symbol and I will show you guys how everything she has studied and taken the time to put together for us is 100% true and that the symbol she pictured above was also used by the K.G.C. in Nebraska to hide a specific heading on a trail not once, but twice. Right now we are involved in the hunt so I can't say much more about any specifics of the sites until I publish the video of the hunts as they happen. A picture is worth a thousand words, but only if the people seeing it can understand the picture as explained. :icon_thumleft: The video will make it easier for everyone to understand how it was used in real time and leave NO doubt or errand to figure for the skeptics and the explanation for the choice of script chosen by the society to use to mark their trail will become evident to all.:icon_thumleft:

P.S. to give you an idea of how unique the font is, look for it in the cemetery the next time you visit one. :icon_thumright:

Indeed it is. However, that hasn't exactly been working in your favor......has it?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/601610-addressing-correcting-misinformation-kgc-forum.html

:coffee2: :icon_study:

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Before we get into your posts....Your Attachments Didn't Open...Please Post Again So I Can Figure Out What You're Talking About. Thanks.

Kace

Baker...Did you see that I said your two attachments won't open and could you please fix them so I know what you're talking about before I respond to your posts? Thanks.

Kace

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Well...You haven't fixed your attachments yet, so I'll just go ahead with what you've posted in response to my Font and Symbolism post and come back to those if needed.

But first...A Couple Things...Don't Call Me Nancy...You know my name and also Do Not Patronize Me With Your "Keep Up The Good Work Kace" jab...it's lame and unnecessary.

My Post was about Fonts and Symbolism on tombstones....Not about your treasure hunt, which by the way, I'd really like to see you succeed at with your dad This Year. I lost my father 30yrs ago last week, so I can't do the kind of things with him that we enjoyed doing together anymore.

I also want to say again, I Really Wish For Your Father, You would take advantage of All the Knowledge here...I think Anytime Anyone says Anything you don't want to hear, you insult or dismiss them. I think If I were you, after almost 50yrs of this hunt... I'd be jumping at the chance to tap into all the knowledge you've been offered on here. We cannot ALL know everything but working well with others on things like this and combining what each person knows, I believe has gotta be much easier and faster.

You've posted a couple pics from monuments of Fonts and Symbolism...One of which is of my ancestors monument and is posted all over this site by you with different opinions, thoughts and statements about them from you. I haven't said anything on here about the tombstone until my font/symbolism post although you knew who they were to me after my very first post to you when you were trying to find the family history and genealogy book Lawrence put together.

I did use those pics you've posted on here because they are familiar to people who have looked at them. I've only said One Thing Against All of The Statements you've made about the family even though many are wrong. Maybe that's not fair to you, but I seriously doubt if I sat you down with the journals and letters and let you read them yourself it would matter much after seeing your reactions to things that aren't in sync with your beliefs on these topics.

I have other photos of tombstones with that font and the 'T'... That Font Is Not Unusual, Rare or Unique...I like it and think it's pretty cool. It's been around for over a 1,000yrs. Modified many times. Many Variations. It's one of the top 3 fonts used on monuments. I have also told you that I spend a lot of time in cemeteries.

You told Rebel you've looked at 'Millions of Fancy Letters' and had never seen anything like that 'T' before and then next it becomes a KGC symbol/clue?? It Is Not A KGC Symbol or Clue. Why not tell him what the font is...he asked? Finding something at that tombstone wasn't because of that 'T' being a KGC specific symbol or font. There's just too much of that font used,new and old and it's way too popular. That font is still advertised because it sells. I'm saying this just as much for you as the next person who sees that Font or Star and reads these threads. I'd hate to think you or other people were seeing that at cemeteries on tombstones or mausoleums and believing they've found a KGC site because they read it here. Anyone...Individual or Group and Gov. Can and Does Use That Font.

Here are the pics of that 'T' on tombstones in that Variation of Old English Font that you asked for in your post...I don't know how many you need, but I've got plenty of them. They Are Not Rare or Unique. Have you found others in this Old English Font Variation at Wyuka? Besides E's monument I mean. If Not, let me know and I'll post a couple more on here for you from there.

IMG_4121.jpg IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4115.JPG IMG_4115.JPG

I called the Star of Lakshmi by it's name Twice before saying 'two squares'...I try to keep things as simple and self explanatory as possible....I put up two pictures, description and a name. I could of put everything about it out even though I didn't feel it necessary, it's a Version of an 8 pointed star...but anyway here is the official technical description of The Star of Lakshmi for anyone interested.

IMG_4134.PNG IMG_4134.PNG

I'm looking forward to the YouTube Video Hunts you are doing....When Will Those Be Up?

I hope you take this post in the spirit it's intended, which like my font and symbols post...Is to be helpful by passing on documented facts and information on fonts and symbolism found in cemeteries on tombstones and in mausoleums. You can also buy some very informative books on the topics that are in more detail than found online.

Kace

Also, look at this symbol and then back up at the "two square" symbol as you called it. This is what the society used the symbol for on this trail. It was to reflect the compass rose and the Cresent Moon was used by them to indicate a new beginning from that point. My video will show you what they wanted to be done at the site in order to move on to the next place on the trail of caches they left. When you see how it unfolds it will be self-explanatory, that is the great thing about a video!

View attachment 1700612

On the map recovered they used this symbol for the same thing, except it has coded numbers and letters and symbols around it for direction.

View attachment 1700613

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The hunt is going on but the Missouri River has a mind controlled by the corp of engineers who lack the ability to keep it in its banks at this time. You are right, I am a stubborn bastage that sees his own path and I will not be detoured by nonsense and something as plentiful as other peoples opinions!.:laughing7:

P.S. The picture of the letter T you posted is not the same as what I told you to find. The letter T in the font you stated is not highlighted in a shape to isolate it at the top of the stone. This would draw one's attention to the letter only and the shape it was contained in. You are comparing apples to oranges.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is excellent research on the script that was used by the K.G.C. as an eye catcher Kace keep up the good work.

I posted Two tombstone pics for you in that Font and gave you the name and a meaning of the Star of Lakshmi that you hadn't found....That's what you asked for.

You are right, I am a stubborn bastage that sees his own path and I will not be detoured by nonsense and something as plentiful as other peoples opinions!.:laughing7:

P.S. The picture of the letter T you posted is not the same as what I told you to find. The letter T in the font you stated is not highlighted in a shape to isolate it at the top of the stone. This would draw one's attention to the letter only and the shape it was contained in. You are comparing apples to oranges.:icon_thumright:

lol..."What You Told Me To Find"....okay...here ya go. Easy as finding a Tree with Bark.

That kinda makes me sad though to see that you think all the help the Masons, Treasure Hunters and History Buffs have so willingly given you every time you asked something since you first joined...that you view that as nonsense and as plentiful as others opinions. There's some very knowledgeable people here. Members have pretty much gone off of just your written descriptions of things. I haven't seen anything but helpfulness to you on here.

Anyway, I didn't realize I was comparing Apples to Oranges....you asked for pics of THAT FONT ON A TOMBSTONE I posted Two for you. But here are some more pics where you Now Want the Font to be.

This First monument in the pic below can be located by standing at what you call "The Gunsight Tree"...Its between that and the Mobile Home Park.

View attachment 1705073 IMG_4223.JPG

This Second monument in the photo below can be found by standing at Chief Justice and Mrs Gantt's monument, opposite the scale end. It will be pretty easy to spot from there.

View attachment 1705126 IMG_4227.PNG

The Third monument photo below is of a pretty private, but prominent in the Railroad Industry person. If you look at the C it's made to look like a Railroad Spike. Gotta look kinda close to see it. You probably know this since a clique of these folks have them.

View attachment 1705162 IMG_4229.JPG

The 4th and last monument photo in my opinion is the best of all of them for your type of hunt. Even though you need two of these. I'm sure you know this too, but the rarity and simplicity of each of the images on this monument are easily overlooked because of the small details on them. Each match is usually fairly close by and you're blessed if you have the actual match. There could be several steps to take and false matches before locating the correct one. At least that's been my experience.

View attachment 1705163 IMG_4232.PNG

Kace

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
You are still missing the point completely but I do not have what it takes to make you see it. I do not want to argue my point as it is MY point and does not concern you or need your approval for its use by the K.G.C. which has already been proven by what was recovered at the point deciphered by using the symbolism they left. It seems you have made a story of your own from bits and pieces of what I have posted and taken what you wanted from it instead of what was laid out for you to understand.
Good luck on whatever you are doing hope it works out for you this Summer.:occasion14:

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
You are still missing the point completely but I do not have what it takes to make you see it. I do not want to argue my point as it is MY point and does not concern you or need your approval for its use by the K.G.C. which has already been proven by what was recovered at the point deciphered by using the symbolism they left. It seems you have made a story of your own from bits and pieces of what I have posted and taken what you wanted from it instead of what was laid out for you to understand.
Good luck on whatever you are doing hope it works out for you this Summer.:occasion14:

My Initial Post Was Not About You or Your Beliefs...You haven't shown anything but Morton, Hill, Gantt and E monuments that I've seen except for a couple WOW monuments posted just as like I have posted some.

I don't want to argue either....But I started this thread to discuss tombstone's and their symbolism as well as discuss customs... era, area, ethnic, and religious practices at cemeteries, graves and on tombstones. It's something I've been interested in and involved with for a very long time. I love walking in the cemeteries and doing restorations on them and the monuments. I also like the Stories the stones tell and Clues they sometimes give. They are fascinating...If you remember, I suggested a documentary for you to watch awhile back that is very enlightening and historically accurate. Part of it was in Wyuka. There's some extremely informative books on the subject too from all over the country. I usually take a couple with me when I travel to other parts of the country....But I keep a lot of information on symbolism and fonts on my phone too.

It's Really Easy with the thousands of different monuments, fonts and symbols to think it's one thing when it's another. Some members and lines of my family and friends of the family besides E's use that version of Old English Font that is Hard To Tell the correct letters if you're not use to seeing them.. You've seen that happen here when you post pics of E's monument. Someone also told you that T in that Font and the Star of Lakshmi was on their father's tombstone. They didn't call it by name but said it was identical.

Like I said before, I used those two photos in the beginning of my post because they are familiar to those folks here that have seen them and the fonts. I have a lot more I could of used, but those were recognizable to people so I chose to use them. It had Nothing to do with you...Until after your response to my initial post...and then I did hope you stopped and thought about it...that the Font wasn't as Unique as you had initially thought and it isn't a KGC symbol when I showed you others like it in my response back to you...But I didn't Say Anything Else about what you've posted because my initial post wasn't about you. I hadn't even seen that you said that about it being KGC til I used the pic from here to put it on my post and saw you said it was Masonic and KGC Symbols. I also didn't say you didn't find something, I don't have any idea about that. I said whatever it was, it wasn't due to the Font/Symbol being KGC because of the longevity of the existence and extensive usage of it from so many families, businesses, monuments and organizations including magazines, newspapers and the gov. Past and Present.

This forum is supposed to be to Help each other....Tombstones, Fonts, Symbols, Organization and Society Logos are things I do know quite a bit about. I'm a Taphophile and it comes with the territory. I told you that in one of our first conversations. You can take what I say in the spirit intended or not. I'd really like for you to succeed with your father. Hopefully all that I've posted and will continue to post on this topic will help folks who see something different on a tombstone know what it means....Because one thing is pretty certain and that's everyone on this forum has been in cemeteries and has probably wondered about some tombstone they saw.

Trust Me...My telling the history and meanings of tombstone symbolism and fonts isn't because I'm taking anything from your beliefs... Nothing I've posted about this topic has ever been shown to be KGC. I've Never claimed that about what I've shown. I have shown where tombstones were used by families and communities where there were no graves due to the CW. I didn't put labels on them. I couldn't prove that as much as I'd like to be able to.

I will be getting into 19th century society and organization logos and monuments, carvers, stone masons as well as Egyptian and Victorian Revival and Tree Stumps, WOW, CW Battlefield Cemeteries and others will be part of it. Some I already have. If what I show is against your beliefs...It's not to argue. You are free to believe whatever you want. As is everyone.

Again...My Original Post on The Font and Symbolism Had Nothing At All To Do With You or Your Beliefs. When You responded to my posts and wanted to see more...I Showed You Everything You Asked For. That's all I can do.

Kace

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
My Initial Post Was Not About You or Your Beliefs...You haven't shown anything but Morton, Hill, Gantt and E monuments that I've seen except for a couple WOW monuments posted just as like I have posted some.

I don't want to argue either....But I started this thread to discuss tombstone's and their symbolism as well as discuss customs... era, area, ethnic, and religious practices at cemeteries, graves and on tombstones. It's something I've been interested in and involved with for a very long time. I love walking in the cemeteries and doing restorations on them and the monuments. I also like the Stories the stones tell and Clues they sometimes give. They are fascinating...If you remember, I suggested a documentary for you to watch awhile back that is very enlightening and historically accurate. Part of it was in Wyuka. There's some extremely informative books on the subject too from all over the country. I usually take a couple with me when I travel to other parts of the country....But I keep a lot of information on symbolism and fonts on my phone too.

It's Really Easy with the thousands of different monuments, fonts and symbols to think it's one thing when it's another. Some members and lines of my family and friends of the family besides E's use that version of Old English Font that is Hard To Tell the correct letters if you're not use to seeing them.. You've seen that happen here when you post pics of E's monument. Someone also told you that T in that Font and the Star of Lakshmi was on their father's tombstone. They didn't call it by name but said it was identical.

Like I said before, I used those two photos in the beginning of my post because they are familiar to those folks here that have seen them and the fonts. I have a lot more I could of used, but those were recognizable to people so I chose to use them. It had Nothing to do with you...Until after your response to my initial post...and then I did hope you stopped and thought about it...that the Font wasn't as Unique as you had initially thought and it isn't a KGC symbol when I showed you others like it in my response back to you...But I didn't Say Anything Else about what you've posted because my initial post wasn't about you. I hadn't even seen that you said that about it being KGC til I used the pic from here to put it on my post and saw you said it was Masonic and KGC Symbols. I also didn't say you didn't find something, I don't have any idea about that. I said whatever it was, it wasn't due to the Font/Symbol being KGC because of the longevity of the existence and extensive usage of it from so many families, businesses, monuments and organizations including magazines, newspapers and the gov. Past and Present.

This forum is supposed to be to Help each other....Tombstones, Fonts, Symbols, Organization and Society Logos are things I do know quite a bit about. I'm a Taphophile and it comes with the territory. I told you that in one of our first conversations. You can take what I say in the spirit intended or not. I'd really like for you to succeed with your father. Hopefully all that I've posted and will continue to post on this topic will help folks who see something different on a tombstone know what it means....Because one thing is pretty certain and that's everyone on this forum has been in cemeteries and has probably wondered about some tombstone they saw.

Trust Me...My telling the history and meanings of tombstone symbolism and fonts isn't because I'm taking anything from your beliefs... Nothing I've posted about this topic has ever been shown to be KGC. I've Never claimed that about what I've shown. I have shown where tombstones were used by families and communities where there were no graves due to the CW. I didn't put labels on them. I couldn't prove that as much as I'd like to be able to.

I will be getting into 19th century society and organization logos and monuments, carvers, stone masons as well as Egyptian and Victorian Revival and Tree Stumps, WOW, CW Battlefield Cemeteries and others will be part of it. Some I already have. If what I show is against your beliefs...It's not to argue. You are free to believe whatever you want. As is everyone.

Again...My Original Post on The Font and Symbolism Had Nothing At All To Do With You or Your Beliefs. When You responded to my posts and wanted to see more...I Showed You Everything You Asked For. That's all I can do.

Kace

Yer absolutely right, helping each other is what it's all about. Ye've gone out of yer way ta do just that and have been posting some very interesting information, even an old fart like me has learned a new thing or two. Wouldn't lose any sleep over some who always try ta make every thread about Them, tha rest of us know yer good intentions and appreciate all yer time and research that yer sharing. :notworthy:

I am very much lookin forward ta yer upcoming posts on " ...19th century society and organization logos and monuments, carvers, stone masons as well as Egyptian and Victorian Revival and Tree Stumps, WOW, CW Battlefield Cemeteries and others...". I've found some more Misinformation floating around tha KGC forums that involves some o'those Organization Logos and plan on posting more on the Misinformation thread real soon. Maybe ye'll have something ta share here that may shed more light on that as well. I Always Appreciate Yer Help! :icon_thumright:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Kace. I don’t know if you can help me or not, but I was wondering if you might know what the James brothers and the Youngers were doing from February to May of 1868? Do you know what part of the country they were in or if they pulled off any robberies. Thanks for your time.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Kace. I don’t know if you can help me or not, but I was wondering if you might know what the James brothers and the Youngers were doing from February to May of 1868? Do you know what part of the country they were in or if they pulled off any robberies. Thanks for your time.

Hey mdog...I've talked to someone who knows and has access to everything about JJ/FJ, Youngers, families and the gang.

I'm waiting for a call back for more info if available, but during our conversations it came up that in the time frame you gave me they were involved in the Nimrod L. Long robbery of $12k ish on March 20, 1868 in Russellville, KY.

I'll let you know more as soon as I hear back. It was mentioned that they could of 'possibly' been living/staying in TN at the time...Nothing definite yet though on that.

Kace

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hey mdog...I've talked to someone who knows and has access to everything about JJ/FJ, Youngers, families and the gang.

I'm waiting for a call back for more info if available, but during our conversations it came up that in the time frame you gave me they were involved in the Nimrod L. Long robbery of $12k ish on March 20, 1868 in Russellville, KY.

I'll let you know more as soon as I hear back. It was mentioned that they could of 'possibly' been living/staying in TN at the time...Nothing definite yet though on that.

Kace

Thank you, Kace.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, Kace.

Anytime mdog.

I feel really lucky to have these guys to go to for James/Younger info. They give Nothing out unless it can be confirmed Or authenticated.

I'll let you know if I hear anymore from that time frame...Was that the only period you are wondering about?

Kace

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Anytime mdog.

I feel really lucky to have these guys to go to for James/Younger info. They give Nothing out unless it can be confirmed Or authenticated.

I'll let you know if I hear anymore from that time frame...Was that the only period you are wondering about?

Kace

Yes, for now. Thanks, Kace.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Because this thread has slowed I thought I'd jump in. In a different thread I posted about the Roscoe Gun Battle and a book or pamplet by Wilbur A. Zink. Here is the forward.

As President of the St. Clair County (MO) Historical Society, I want to recommend this book to anyone who is interested in seeking the truth about the Pinkerton-Younger gun battle. I have been a student of St. Clair County history for a number of years and am glad to see this story told as it should be.
I have know Wilbur A. Zink for the last several years and know that he is considered the foremost authority on the history of the Younger family. He has made number of talks on the subject and has a large collection of clippings and pictures of the Youngers. In addition, he has a complete collection of all known books on or about the Younger Brothers. I am sure this book on the subject and that the first editons will be of great value. Respectfully, James D. Attenbery, Society President

As the book was published in 1967, I doubt deither W.A. Zink or Mr. Attenbery are still alive. I wonder if the St. Clair Co. Historical Soc. or Mr. Zink's family has his collection? Good luck.

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
By the Author of The Roscoe Gun Battle W.A. Zink
The Purpose---The Author
Every writing should have a pourpose. My pourpose is to preserve the history that might otherwise be lost in time to come. If we are to leave a heritage for our children that they will know about, then it must be recorded now.
David Crowder was my Mother's father and John Davis was her Mothers father, so this story is in part my heritage, also. This is no doubt the reason I first became interested in the Younger family. I have made no attempt to glorify them, and yet on the other hand, I do not want to crucify them for they have had their share.
Many writers have recorded a part of this gun battle in conjunction with thier writings of the Youngers. No one to my knowledge has covered it in detail. I have made an honest effort to do this. Wilbur A. Zink

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
A Bibliography of books and pamplets on the Younger Family from the collection of W.A. Zink, Appleton City, MO.
1. The Sotory of Cole Younger, by himself (1903)
2. Last of the great outlaws, Homer Croy (1956)
3.The Youngers Fight for Freedom, W.C. Bronaugh (1906)
4. The Conversion of Cole Younger, Todd M. George (1963)
5.Twelve years with Cole Younger, Todd M. George (1959)
6. Younger Brothers, Carl W. Breihan (1961)
7. Robber and Hero, George Huntington (1895)
8.The Northfield Bank Raid, Northfield News (1933)
9. Convict Life at the Minnesota State Prison, W.C. Heilbron (1909)
10.Noted Guerrillas, John N. Edwards (1877)
11. Jim Cummings book, Jim Cummings (1903)
12. Mizzaurah, Cora L. McNeil (1898)
13. The Rise and Fall of Jessie James, Robertus Love (1926)
14. History of Henry and St. Clair County's (1883)
15. Jesse James was his name, William A Settle, Jr. (1966)
16. Cencus book of Jackson County,MO. (1850)
17. Younger Brothers, Augustus C. Appler (1875)
18. The Border Outlaws James W. Buel (1881)
19. The Younger Brothers Clarence E. Ray (1880's)
20. The Younger Brothers William Ward (1880's)
21. Under the Black Flag Capt. Kit Dalton (cira 1915)
22. Quantrell and his Guerrilla Bank, John P. Burch (1923)
23. The Crittenden Memoirs, H.H. Crittenden (1936)
24. Quantrill and the Border Wars, William E, Connelley (1910)

25. Life of Jesse James, Carl W. Breihan (1953)
26.Quantrell and the Civil War Guerrillas, Carl W. Breihan (1959)
27. The day Jesse James was killed, Carl W. Breihjan (1955)
28. Jesse James was my neighbor, Homer Croy (1944)
29. Desperate Men, James D. Horan (1944)
30. Jesse James, My Father, Jesse James Jr. (1906)
31. Tales of the4 Osage River Country, Jean Graham (1929)
32. Murder in Minnesota, Walter N. Trenerry (1962)
33. The Palimpsest, Iowa Historical Society (Feb. 1936)
34. Three years with Quantrell, John McCorkle & O.S. Barton (no date)
35. Behind These Ozark Hills, Jesse L. Russell (1947)
36. History of Jackson County (1881)
37. Crossroads of America, Darrell Garwood (1948)
38. Belle Starr Burton Rascoe (1941)
39 Jesse James "The Outlaw", Henry T. Walker (1961)
40.Jesse James and the Lost Cause, Jesse L. James (1961)
41. Jesse James Long Charge (Northfield Robbery), William Ward (1908)
42. A Dynasty of Western Outlaws, Paul L. Wellman (1961)
43.History of Cass and Bates County's(1883)
44. Missouri Day by Day, 2 Vol., Floyd Shoemaker (1942)
45. Missouri and Missouians 5 Vol., Floyd Shoemaker (1943)
46. Early History of Greater Kansas City, Charles P. Deatherage (1928)
47. Bell Starr the Bandit Queen, William Yancy Shackleford (1943)
48. Gunfighters of the Old West, William Yancy Shackleford (1943)
49. Missouri State Historical Publications
50. Kansas State Historical Publications
51. An American Family, Charles Nesbit (1932)
52. Bingham- Fighting Artist, Lew Larkin (1954)

Sorry this is so long, I couldn't figure how to tab 2 rows. I'd bet # 12 "Mizzoura" is about the Black Lady that worked at the Roscoe,MO. Hotel. I have a reprinted copy of # 14 "History of Henry and St. Clair Co.'s. It is an interesting if sometimes boring read. It has some biography's of early settlers and early justice. I have read # 34 "Three years with Quantell" by McCorkle and would recommend it. I got it years ago through the Interlibrary system here in MO. Anyway, this list will be food for you that are really into research. I'd guess many of the listed publications will be hard to find. Good luck

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread