OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Because this thread has slowed I thought I'd jump in. In a different thread I posted about the Roscoe Gun Battle and a book or pamplet by Wilbur A. Zink. Here is the forward.

As President of the St. Clair County (MO) Historical Society, I want to recommend this book to anyone who is interested in seeking the truth about the Pinkerton-Younger gun battle. I have been a student of St. Clair County history for a number of years and am glad to see this story told as it should be.
I have know Wilbur A. Zink for the last several years and know that he is considered the foremost authority on the history of the Younger family. He has made number of talks on the subject and has a large collection of clippings and pictures of the Youngers. In addition, he has a complete collection of all known books on or about the Younger Brothers. I am sure this book on the subject and that the first editons will be of great value. Respectfully, James D. Attenbery, Society President

As the book was published in 1967, I doubt deither W.A. Zink or Mr. Attenbery are still alive. I wonder if the St. Clair Co. Historical Soc. or Mr. Zink's family has his collection? Good luck.

Great Post Ug...I spent a couple days at the library in Osceola sometime back...At that time the St. Clair Co. Historical Society was there. I know they were talking about trying to get a vacant building in town to house everything as a stand alone research site. LOTS of Great Information and Photographs.

I also spent time with the St. Clair Co. Historical Cemetery Society, finding, cleaning and restoring the cemeteries and logging the grave information. The great part of that one was being able to go to all the private family cemeteries. Most landowners even created right of way roads to get back to the graveyards. That 'might' be online completed now, I haven't looked lately, but there is a book for sale from that project...I don't know if it's still available, but it's Very Thorough and well worth buying. The library 'had' the information on getting it. I'm assuming they still do.

Its Amazing and a Blessing that so many of the folks who lived in Benton, Henry, Bates, Cass, St. Clair and Jackson Counties had the foresight to keep such detailed journals, letters and records so we do have the first hand accounts of what happened. Central and SWMO were unlike any other areas of the CW...Its really unbelievable what all happened.

Thanks for taking the time to tell the stories.

Kace

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Thought I'd give this thread a bump and see if it will jump start it again. While we wait to see if it will start again, I'll go to the DMV. Should work out about right. Good luck.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought I'd give this thread a bump and see if it will jump start it again. While we wait to see if it will start again, I'll go to the DMV. Should work out about right. Good luck.

lol! I hope you're not still at the DMV!!

I agree, Let's get this thread going again.

EXCELLENT ARTICLE you posted BTW!

Kace

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Ok Kace, take em back.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.kmbc.com/article/antique-guns-stolen-from-lee-s-summit-historical-society-museum/32178192[/FONT]

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok Kace, take em back.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.kmbc.com/article/antique-guns-stolen-from-lee-s-summit-historical-society-museum/32178192[/FONT]

lol! Wasn't me...It sounds like the same guy who broke into JWJ's St Joe home since some guns belonged to Cole Younger.

People are just Crazy and have No Respect for Anything!

I hope you guys are doing ok down there. I heard the Clinton Walmart was taking the temperature of everyone who was coming in.

Stay Safe My Friend!

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread