CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin,Im so impressed that you have this much knowledge,wished I had started earlier to know all this information. That's good that you could narrow it down to 20 miles. That gives me at least something to think about! I've live in Martinsville, Danville, Axton, Pittsylvania county, so I know the area very well!

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a way I wished I had never learned about this treasure story, my mother just told me I was mentally unstable that's why I don't even talk to my family members! LOL But I just love history! I just would like to prove them wrong!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this third treasure was left somewhere near on the railroad tracks! I was thinking that would be easy to transport all this treasure. The treasure train made like five stops on the way here.So maybe in that direction?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Ever hear that tale of iron pots filled with gold coins with lids wired shut buried along railroad tracks by the Confederates?

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but that sounds like a good idea! But I have read someone found a pot full of treasure, right outside of Danville in North Carolina when the farmer found the pot when he was plowing a field!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 249. I am sure that it would be very hard to find buried treasures near railroad tracks with a metal detector. Best of luck doing it.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bluebellies do not need to know! Anybody found out any good clues yet! I've left a few!

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but that sounds like a good idea! But I have read someone found a pot full of treasure, right outside of Danville in North Carolina when the farmer found the pot when he was plowing a field!

That was near McLeansville between Burlington, N.C. and Greensboro, N.C. The old fellow took the $20. gold pieces and sold them for ten cents each. Others went to see where he was plowing and found the imprint of three large kettles. The old black guy only got a hand full. The landowner became very rich. There are other reports of pots of gold being found along these railroad tracks. However, landowners will call the cops on you within five or ten minutes of you stopping your car along the road or the railroad. Some have given trespassing tickets out to a hundred or more that have dug on their property. The landowners even have signs and billboards warning you about how many have been caught trespassing and the fines they have paid. Not a good area to look around unless you happen to know any of the landowners and can get their permission.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, do you believe that this gold, had anything to do with the treasury that left Richmond or an ordinary stash?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread