CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some awesome information, I just knew from my research, that there were treasures in these places, and now I know for sure! I truly think that we could actually find some of these places! I know an awesome spot that is probably 18-20 miles away from Danville going west. Even saw some carving on a tree! Just a guesstimate though?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You do not sound like a believer...
Considering all the people and organizations Franklin has contacted concerning alleged map in a Danville grave that reveals 58 treasure depository locations based in information from carvings on several "talking trees" in the same Danville cemetery, well I am not the only one.
So far the claims of this great treasure have been all bark and no bite.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin just has alot of information and research, and all oi sounds plausible to me! I just wished it didn't come to end at the cemeteries! Do we know the maps in the graves, are there? How do we know for sure? Is there something on a map, or some written proof? Why couldn't it be some where else close by and not in the graveyards?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin just has alot of information and research, and all oi sounds plausible to me! I just wished it didn't come to end at the cemeteries! Do we know the maps in the graves, are there? How do we know for sure? Is there something on a map, or some written proof? Why couldn't it be some where else close by and not in the graveyards?

They had one "Master Grave" with all 58 Maps. Then they had eight graves with different portions of the maps and all eight graves had a total of 58 maps. I believe I have located some of these treasures that are not in cemeteries. Problem though, they are on Virginia Government properties and private landowners that must be sentinels because they will not let you in on their properties to even search for one coin let alone a large treasure which was never mentioned.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin just has alot of information and research, and all oi sounds plausible to me! ...
All these KGC stories are based on the assumption that the KGC had this large amount of wealth to be able to bury in 58 separate depositories, but the origin of this wealth is never mentioned, but accepted that it existed.
The accumulation of great wealth during the antebellum period , either by an individual or organization, secret or not, would have be noticed, as would the movement of such wealth to these depositories.
So the unanswered questions that are never addressed are the source of this wealth which did not come from membership dues and when were these 58 depositories created and for what purpose, based on actual documentation, NOT legend, lore, tales , or speculative ephemera.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was all these supposedly maps,? treasure buried in the graveyards? Were the graveyards there before or after the maps were buried? It just sucks, Franklin has all this information, but not able to get these treasures? I believe that treasure is out there and we can FIND it! The whole Confederate treasure , I don't believe it's the whole truth!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing but the truth is what we are demanding.

So you are demanding the truth?
Well lets start with if the KGC had all this gold to create 58 depositories, the origin of that gold, and when and how these alleged depositories were constructed.
Are there any other references to these 58 depositories besides the carved bark on talking trees in the Danville National Cemetery?
If so, bring it forth.
Or, was the KGC just another "secret" fraternal organization where men sat around smoking cigars, drinking sour mash bourbon talking politics and their dissatisfaction with the government that has grown to mythic proportions through legend, lore, and tall tales presented in treasure magazines and books?

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally don't have any other references that I can think of. From my viewpoint, I started my journey, by looking at the symbol on the beech tree. It does have alot of mason symbols on the tree . It does tell how the trains did come to Danville. Somebody put these symbols on the tree. Be nice to know who did? It sure does seem that there is alot of treasure to take care of, where did all this treasure come from?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
.. It sure does seem that there is alot of treasure to take care of, where did all this treasure come from?
That is the question- "where did all this treasure come from?"
All these treasure tales are based in the assumption that all this treasure existed before being buried or hidden, but the source of all these alleged treasures are never addressed and are automatically accepted as actually existing with no proof required.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a excellent question as to where all this treasure came from? My supposedly treasure site is filling up fast! LOL

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where could all this treasure be accumulated? But nevertheless all these people have looked for treasure and haven't found doodly squat in Danville! There sure haven't been looking at the right location. My supposedly treasure site is looking better and better! LOL

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What you say, Samuel, honestly provide an opinion on the matter of the discussion.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread