CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Article franklin!

I'd love to see those pics you posted awhile back of some of the things you have found over the years... if you feel comfortable posting those again. I missed them the last time you posted and the attachments were invalid when I tried to open them.

Kace

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Refresh my memory. I have posted so much over the years, I can not remember to which attachments you are talking about?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Refresh my memory. I have posted so much over the years, I can not remember to which attachments you are talking about?

It was on the Beale sub forum... you had deleted the post/pics but someone used the quote with attachments. The reply sounded like different coins and caches possibly. It looked like maybe 5 attachments you had made. Not too terribly long ago.

I'll have to go through them again. I don't remember the thread.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
franklin...No worries... if I stumble on it again I'll let you know. I should of marked it.

Thanks,
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
FOUND IT...

It's on the Beale Sub Forum..Titled:

The Beale Papers Authenticated Without A Doubt
By Jean Laf

Post #223

Your original post is gone... He quoted your post in his response.

Thanks franklin,

Kace

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOUND IT...

It's on the Beale Sub Forum..Titled:

The Beale Papers Authenticated Without A Doubt
By Jean Laf

Post #223

Your original post is gone... He quoted your post in his response.

Thanks franklin,

Kace

Sorry, Kace. I have no way of knowing what those attachments were. Maybe a moderator could help you out and they can recover those attachments?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, Kace. I have no way of knowing what those attachments were. Maybe a moderator could help you out and they can recover those attachments?

No Worries!

Kace

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kace, I am going to attempt to post some of the 18 Confederate States of America Treasury that my partner and I found in 2008. I believe that is what the attachments were that are missing. CSA COINS CHRISTMAS 2008.jpg 1861 Mexican Silver Dollar.jpg 1861 Mexico City Silver Dollar.jpg Stump Coins.jpg Mexican Silver Dollar Keg.jpg British Farthing.jpg 1861 Mexican Silver Dollar Front Side.jpg $5 Dahlonega Gold Obverse.jpg $5 Dahlonega Gold Reverse.jpg 1845 $5 Dahlonega Gold Obverse.jpg 1845 $5 Dahlonega Gold Reverse.jpg 1859 British Sterling Reverse.jpg 1862 Indian Cent.jpg 1861 Austria Coin Front.jpg Austria Silver 1859 Front.jpg US Gold Coins Reverse.jpg CSA GOLD from DANVILLE VA.jpg Obverse 1859 GOLD 20 FRANCS.jpg

There is a lot more but I can not post all yet.

All of these coins except two were sold with a Certificate of Authenticity. I even promised the purchasers that when the large depositories were recovered and sold that they would each receive one million dollars upon the sale of the coins. The 20 francs gold was given to my partner as well as the 1862 Indian Head Penny. He still has both. The 1853 Mexican Silver was given to my brother in law in W.Va. He still has it. The British Farthing I have lost or miss-placed, I may find it again?

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
VERY NICE franklin!!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THOSE!

What's the picture of on the concrete/asphalt? I couldn't make it out.

Kace

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE franklin!!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THOSE!

What's the picture of on the concrete/asphalt? I couldn't make it out.

Kace

That was one of the Mexican Silver Dollar Kegs we found at the bottom of a 23 foot deep well under a paved church parking lot. We found hundreds of pounds of band wire from boxes and kegs that had been burned in the well. The coins had been removed and buried, most likely hauled off in coffins to a burial in the cemetery.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP! Rebs burned LOTS of stuff in Danville, Va. "in the last days"...

Yes they did but I do not believe they burned the CSA Records. I believe they are buried in a 38 ft. by 38 ft. vault in Danville.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
That was one of the Mexican Silver Dollar Kegs we found at the bottom of a 23 foot deep well under a paved church parking lot. We found hundreds of pounds of band wire from boxes and kegs that had been burned in the well. The coins had been removed and buried, most likely hauled off in coffins to a burial in the cemetery.

WOW!...Were the coins you found in that vicinity? That's Amazing to find that much burned off keg metal in that well!

Kace

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!...Were the coins you found in that vicinity? That's Amazing to find that much burned off keg metal in that well!

Kace

The pieces of the keg where in the very bottom of the well so most likely some water stayed down there to keep all of it from burning? We also found three of the large brown jugs that contained at one time, Secretary of the Treasury George Alfred Trenholm's Peach Brandy. Two of them broke and one was in-tact about a 2 gallon jug.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Definitely a good place to see the sites!

L.C.:icon_thumright:

rear sight.png

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The pieces of the keg where in the very bottom of the well so most likely some water stayed down there to keep all of it from burning? We also found three of the large brown jugs that contained at one time, Secretary of the Treasury George Alfred Trenholm's Peach Brandy. Two of them broke and one was in-tact about a 2 gallon jug.

That's interesting! I wonder if the brandy jugs were down there to stay cool? I wouldn't think he would of just thrown them out...especially in that time. I wouldn't of! HA!

I like to know the origins and meanings of words and names... kind of an amateur Etymologist I guess....It goes along with being a taphophile! lol!

Anyway...Was or Is there an Island or a Lone Hill anywhere around that well? Or either one of those anywhere you know he was staying, camped by or had a connection to?

Folks back then knew where they came from and what different words and names meant....So for him...the second syllable of his surname 'holm' means Island... Even the name/word Holmes can mean that. Holm can be, but is less often used for Holly... but there are circumstances where it could be used to reference a Holly Tree...Very Uncommon though for that English translation. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered if looking for something.

Just something to think about if you're bored! lol!

Kace

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bunch of Holly Trees has information on them also. Each has a small amount of information about different areas of the treasure. You have to take and figure out all of them before you can get a good picture of the area.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
A TREE WHISPERER! By Golly Gee! TREE Spirits TELLS ALL! Book, THE HIDDEN LIFE OF TREES by Peter Wohlleben is GREAT! A "MUST HAVE"! 8-) SUNNY out! Wife & I are going to SML State Park! :hello2: Sunken City Brewery is a'waiting! AHOY! :skullflag: PIRATES Days at SML... 7/20-22/18. Pirate & his Wretch MAY go... heh!:coffee2: Grogg…? :tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread