Newbie seeks an answer to question...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search the areas where John Hunt Morgan ans his outfit roamed. There are KGC sites in his areas but exactly where I can not say. I do know where one is in Tennessee.

OP
OP
C

CT1976

Dec 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brentwood?
Btw, thank you, sir.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brentwood?
Btw, thank you, sir.

No the one I have is not in Brentwood. All though there may be a large KGC Cache at Brentwood?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe if there is anything there it would have to be a small cache left for the sentinels that guarded what was eventually moved from that state before the end of the Civil War.
"Kentucky was a border state of key importance in the American Civil War that officially declared its neutrality at the beginning of the war, but after a failed attempt by Confederate General Leonidas Polk to take the state of Kentucky for the Confederacy, the legislature petitioned the Union Army for assistance."

Just my 2 cents

L.C.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Farms outside Bowling Green. Look up "Chapman; Rowe; and Goodwin." Good luck!:skullflag:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Speaking of the Brentwood cache.. where did that infamous map of the large underground cache first appear ? In the "Black Book" ?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of the Brentwood cache.. where did that infamous map of the large underground cache first appear ? In the "Black Book" ?

You got it====Jesse James III. Worth about as much as the book cost, maybe not?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

brentwood tennessee.jpg brentwood 1878.jpg

These are not very good copies, maybe someone has a better copy?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Do you happen to know if there is any anthracite coal mines in the surrounding area?

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
...any anthracite coal mines in the surrounding area?

If there are they are probably lost to the pages of history and need researching. Appalachia was where coal was dug, at least on a large scale. The central TN region has long history of iron, phosphate, lead refining .. White Bluff(s) and its blast furnaces required lots of coal and there are other furnaces in the 19th c. historical record in Williamson and Davidson Co too... was the coal sourced locally or by rail from KY or Knoxville .. ?

I checked the USGS mine locator - no luck, googled up the wazoo etc etc .. the closest actual coal mine to the Nashville region is Wilder, TN , about midway between Knoxville and Nashville. It opened in 1903 and closed in the 30's after a union strike disaster. Maybe Jesse buried it there ? ;)

Here's an early 20th c Geology survey that has locations of 19th c mines but they are mostly "brown ore" deposits (pg 58) .. history of mining in Dickson area (pg 86)
https://pubs.usgs.gov/bul/0795d/report.pdf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions