Jesse James Lived on according to his great granddaughter.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Putting YOU on IGNORE...

A good researcher relies on evidence, not on words alone. If, as many have claimed, Jesse James had a missing finger or a damaged finger when he allegedly "died" in 1882, some solid evidence should have existed. Minus such evidence, one can only assume that those who are making such claims are only going by what others, who weren't even alive in 1882, have claimed to be true. In other words, it's only hearsay. On the other hand, no one wants to talk about the identical scars on the left cheek of BOTH the accepted younger Jesse James and J. Frank Dalton at over 100 years old. To my knowledge, I was the first researcher to discover that identical identifying feature on both men. It's clearly visible on several photographs of both men. I guess the naysayers don't want to touch that with a ten-foot pole because, if they did, about the only explanation they could resort to is that the old man slashed his own face so that he could pass as Jesse James. ha.
Yes, franklin, I purchased used copies of Phyllis Argall's book and of Turilli's book and every book I could find about "J. Frank Dalton" several years ago. I read them all and one or two of them have photocopies of the sworn affidavits in them. Every person who's truly interested in learning the truth about Jesse James should carefully read those books and affidavits before blindly accepting the traditional Jesse James story as being the truth.
~Texas Jay

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We BOTH know that "documents", such as affidavits can be "altered"...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We BOTH know that "documents", such as affidavits can be "altered"...

Yes, they can, Rebel. I know that very well but there are so many affidavits from people who knew Jesse James since he was young, who swore before a notary that the man known as J. Frank Dalton was the same Jesse Woodson James they knew decades before, that we can be sure that those affidavits haven't been tampered with. The photocopies usually have some of the affiant's own words backing up their claim. It should be noted that none of the many affiants who swore out affidavits were ever charged with perjury for making false statements. It's the traditionalist "historians" and authors who make a huge amount of money from selling their mythical histories of Jesse James, Bill Anderson, and other historical figures who are most often caught tampering with or altering photographs, census records, letters, and other documents. I've caught a countless number of such forgeries and alterations in the past 12 years myself. They do it for the money. I conduct and share my research for free because I have a passion for true history, not altered "history".
Another book that I highly recommend to those interested in learning the truth about Jesse James is The Life, Times, and Treacherous Death of Jesse James by Frank Triplett. During my research into the famous outlaw, I read more traditionalist, mythical accounts of Jesse than I did books that questioned his 1882 "death". This was one of those traditionalist accounts. It was written by a man who left very little trace of himself. I read this and many other traditionalist books because I was looking for outright lies, provable inaccuracies in their stories, and statements and accounts of eyewitnesses that have been altered, in the decades since, to fool the public. The book was the only biography of Jesse James that was authorized by Jesse's mother and alleged wife. As far as finding holes in the traditionalists' myth about Jesse James, this book sure didn't disappoint me. Probably the most remarkable part of it is in Chapter XLVL regarding the post mortem examination of the body by Coroner Heddens and "...Dr. Catlett, superindendent of the lunatic asylum at St. Joseph..." They reported finding the bullet lodged just under the skin behind the left ear! They also found that the cut on the side of his head was caused by the clubbing of the victim by his assailants and "was made with the trigger of a revolver and not by the bullet." This post mortem proves that the alleged "bullet hole" in the St. Joseph house, from which the owners have made a fortune advertising as the hole made from the bullet that killed Jesse James, is nothing but a hoax on the American public. After I discovered this shocking testimony, I wrote a short article called "The Bullet Hole that Wasn't" and shared it with my fellow researchers.
An original copy of the Triplett book would cost several hundred dollars but it was republished in 1970 by Promontory Press and you can buy a copy online for from $10-$15.
~Texas Jay

detail_182_bk1091-LifeTimesandTreacherousDeathofJesseJames-300.jpg Jesse James bullet hole hoax.jpg Jesse James bullet hole hoax -2.jpg

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, they can, Rebel. I know that very well but there are so many affidavits from people who knew Jesse James since he was young, who swore before a notary that the man known as J. Frank Dalton was the same Jesse Woodson James they knew decades before, that we can be sure that those affidavits haven't been tampered with. The photocopies usually have some of the affiant's own words backing up their claim. It should be noted that none of the many affiants who swore out affidavits were ever charged with perjury for making false statements. It's the traditionalist "historians" and authors who make a huge amount of money from selling their mythical histories of Jesse James, Bill Anderson, and other historical figures who are most often caught tampering with or altering photographs, census records, letters, and other documents. I've caught a countless number of such forgeries and alterations in the past 12 years myself. They do it for the money. I conduct and share my research for free because I have a passion for true history, not altered "history".
Another book that I highly recommend to those interested in learning the truth about Jesse James is The Life, Times, and Treacherous Death of Jesse James by Frank Triplett. During my research into the famous outlaw, I read more traditionalist, mythical accounts of Jesse than I did books that questioned his 1882 "death". This was one of those traditionalist accounts. It was written by a man who left very little trace of himself. I read this and many other traditionalist books because I was looking for outright lies, provable inaccuracies in their stories, and statements and accounts of eyewitnesses that have been altered, in the decades since, to fool the public. The book was the only biography of Jesse James that was authorized by Jesse's mother and alleged wife. As far as finding holes in the traditionalists' myth about Jesse James, this book sure didn't disappoint me. Probably the most remarkable part of it is in Chapter XLVL regarding the post mortem examination of the body by Coroner Heddens and "...Dr. Catlett, superindendent of the lunatic asylum at St. Joseph..." They reported finding the bullet lodged just under the skin behind the left ear! They also found that the cut on the side of his head was caused by the clubbing of the victim by his assailants and "was made with the trigger of a revolver and not by the bullet." This post mortem proves that the alleged "bullet hole" in the St. Joseph house, from which the owners have made a fortune advertising as the hole made from the bullet that killed Jesse James, is nothing but a hoax on the American public. After I discovered this shocking testimony, I wrote a short article called "The Bullet Hole that Wasn't" and shared it with my fellow researchers.
An original copy of the Triplett book would cost several hundred dollars but it was republished in 1970 by Promontory Press and you can buy a copy online for from $10-$15.
~Texas Jay

View attachment 1632185 View attachment 1632186 View attachment 1632187

:icon_scratch:

One question. Could ye please explain why HERE yer sayin this book is just a "traditionalist mythical account":

" **Another book that I highly recommend to those interested in learning the truth about Jesse James is The Life, Times, and Treacherous Death of Jesse James by Frank Triplett. During my research into the famous outlaw, I read more traditionalist, mythical accounts of Jesse than I did books that questioned his 1882 “death”. This was one of those traditionalist accounts."

Yet HERE yer sayin its tha "only biography of Jesse James authorized by Jesse's mother and alleged wife " an "Proves" that the alleged “bullet hole” in the St. Joseph house was a hoax?

" It was written by a man who left very little trace of himself. I read this and many other traditionalist books because I was looking for outright lies, provable inaccuracies in their stories, and statements and accounts of eyewitnesses that have been altered, in the decades since, to fool the public. The book was the only biography of Jesse James that was authorized by Jesse's mother and alleged wife. As far as finding holes in the traditionalists' myth about Jesse James, this book sure didn't disappoint me. Probably the most remarkable part of it is in Chapter XLVL regarding the post mortem examination of the body by Coroner Heddens and “…Dr. Catlett, superindendent of the lunatic asylum at St. Joseph…” They reported finding the bullet lodged just under the skin behind the left ear! They also found that the cut on the side of his head was caused by the clubbing of the victim by his assailants and “was made with the trigger of a revolver and not by the bullet.” This post mortem proves that the alleged “bullet hole” in the St. Joseph house, from which the owners have made a fortune advertising as the hole made from the bullet that killed Jesse James, is nothing but a hoax on the American public. "

First ye claim tha book is a Traditionalist Mythical Account, then turn around and claim it is the Truth.
Which is it, a Mythical Account, or tha Truth? Ye seem ta be a bit confused. ???

:dontknow:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Re Dalton's claim to be the "real JJ": if the "JJ body doubles" allegations are true, could JFD have been one of the body doubles? Might explain a few things.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re Dalton's claim to be the "real JJ": if the "JJ body doubles" allegations are true, could JFD have been one of the body doubles? Might explain a few things.
Yes, several books indicate that JFD was one of JJ's "doubles"; why he HAD to know a lot about KGC "biz"... He made up a lot, too! DANG!

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Yessir, Dalton knew a lot, but not because he had lived it. He researched it. Theres plenty of evidence that shows he was jest a flim flam man, along with that carnival barker, Howk, and his black book. Yet still today conspiracy wingnuts are convinced the huge KGC vaults are real, an ever word spouted by those two frauds is tha gospel truth. Truth is, tha only riches been found from these yarns is by the many authors promoting 'em.

I don't doubt there is civil war and outlaw caches still out there, but they got nuthin ta do with these two and the biggest hoax ever perpertrated on the gullible public.

Jest my opinion, mind ye, but based on facts not fiction.

http://collections.mnhs.org/mnhistorymagazine/articles/62/v62i08p298-303.pdf

northfield 1.png northfield 2.png

northfield 3.png northfield 4.png

northfield 5.png northfield 6.png

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yessir, Dalton knew a lot, but not because he had lived it. He researched it. Theres plenty of evidence that shows he was jest a flim flam man, along with that carnival barker, Howk, and his black book. Yet still today conspiracy wingnuts are convinced the huge KGC vaults are real, an ever word spouted by those two frauds is tha gospel truth. Truth is, tha only riches been found from these yarns is by the many authors promoting 'em.

I don't doubt there is civil war and outlaw caches still out there, but they got nuthin ta do with these two and the biggest hoax ever perpertrated on the gullible public.

Jest my opinion, mind ye, but based on facts not fiction.

Facts have always been elusive things, tailored for a purpose and designed to benefit someone. Of course, "documentation" proves facts ... right?

The Black Book is strictly allegorical, IMO, describing a shadowy Organization that controls the resources, owns the law and steers politics from behind the scenes. Ike called them the Military Industrial Complex. Today I guess we call them the Deep State. Howk called them the KGC, although that group had played out by 1913 when the Organization took the catbird seat. I seriously doubt many folks believe Howk was being serious about all those "JJ identities", or was actually trying to be "factual" with the book.

Anyway, did some club of rich guys really put boatloads of gold back in the ground? Don't know, but when the value of the fiat US dollar goes to zero, we might find out. The dollar's already 98% of the way dead. My only question about the Black Book is, why did he write it? You could be right - just for the money. But book writers on that sales level seldom make any money or even break even.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Facts have always been elusive things, tailored for a purpose and designed to benefit someone. Of course, "documentation" proves facts ... right?

The Black Book is strictly allegorical, IMO, describing a shadowy Organization that controls the resources, owns the law and steers politics from behind the scenes. Ike called them the Military Industrial Complex. Today I guess we call them the Deep State. Howk called them the KGC, although that group had played out by 1913 when the Organization took the catbird seat. I seriously doubt many folks believe Howk was being serious about all those "JJ identities", or was actually trying to be "factual" with the book.

Anyway, did some club of rich guys really put boatloads of gold back in the ground? Don't know, but when the value of the fiat US dollar goes to zero, we might find out. The dollar's already 98% of the way dead. My only question about the Black Book is, why did he write it? You could be right - just for the money. But book writers on that sales level seldom make any money or even break even.

Good post, friend, and I agree. Most folks don't take it serious. But its plain ta see that at least the JJ/KGC conspiracy crowd still takes tha claims of "body doubles" seriously, 'specially in view of all the present day JJ contenders in the book writin business. Most o'them are treasure hunters as well. Lost count o' how many Howk treasure maps were out there at around 28. Not only have ye got the believers chasin Howk's phony maps, ye got some o'the believers making changes to the same maps ta keep others from findin' the phony treasures. :laughing7:

Howk an Dalton made there money off paid appearances, an tha books an newspaper articles were jest propaganda an publicity ta help sell there appearances. Can't see where Dalton made much, even when Turilli had the Cave bit runnin'. Howk made most of the money carnival style off Dalton. Tha money I was referrin to has been made by the countless authors since who sell their books perpetuatin' the hoax. Still ridin the Jesse James gravy train.

I ain't sayin there is no truth ta the prospect of some group of power mongers hiding away there spoils during the gold crisis in tha 30's. In fact I'm sure there was, an a big part of it was retrieved and/or moved back in tha 70's. But I don't hold with the theory they was in any way connected ta JJ, Dalton, or Howk. Now, were they above using Howk an Dalton's publicity schemes fer there own purposes? I got an idea about that too. But it don't lend any credence ta the book nor Howk and Dalton's claims. I figger the group piggy backed off the publicity fer a differnt reason. (Same way tha politicians used tha press with Bickley's pipe dream). I don't buy inta the whole Illuminati, Secret Society, One World Order thing neither. Tha rich an powerful want ta stay that way, nothin secret about that. Keepin' folks busy chasin conspiracies and fake treasure vaults lets 'em take care of there own business under tha radar. "False flags", I reckon, diversions. Fear and Greed are powerful tools ta manipulate tha public.

Dalton an Howk weren't privy to any buried treasure. Hell, Howk was still promotin' tha carnival circuit in 1954, three years after Dalton died.

1954-signed-letter-matchbook-jesse_1_95fc9d07679d2cbe252f4e4b7cd60155(1).jpg

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ole-kentuck, my grandparents with my father were traveling through the area where the James house was located sometime in the very early 1930"s when they heard that if you went to the James house , a lady would answer the door and for 25 cents let you hold J.J."s pistol. I emailed this imfo a couple of years ago to a lady researcher,and she was surprised to read this imformation.I don"t recall her name. Just a interesting side note for your research.
Jon

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Catbird Seat"...?

Here's the Wiki definition:

"The catbird seat" is an American English idiomatic phrase used to describe an enviable position, often in terms of having the upper hand or greater advantage in any type of dealing among parties.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ole-kentuck, my grandparents with my father were traveling through the area where the James house was located sometime in the very early 1930"s when they heard that if you went to the James house , a lady would answer the door and for 25 cents let you hold J.J."s pistol. I emailed this imfo a couple of years ago to a lady researcher,and she was surprised to read this imformation.I don"t recall her name. Just a interesting side note for your research.
Jon

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... I ain't sayin there is no truth ta the prospect of some group of power mongers hiding away there spoils during the gold crisis in tha 30's. In fact I'm sure there was, an a big part of it was retrieved and/or moved back in tha 70's. But I don't hold with the theory they was in any way connected ta JJ, Dalton, or Howk. Now, were they above using Howk an Dalton's publicity schemes fer there own purposes? I got an idea about that too. But it don't lend any credence ta the book nor Howk and Dalton's claims. I figger the group piggy backed off the publicity fer a differnt reason. (Same way tha politicians used tha press with Bickley's pipe dream). I don't buy inta the whole Illuminati, Secret Society, One World Order thing neither. Tha rich an powerful want ta stay that way, nothin secret about that. Keepin' folks busy chasin conspiracies and fake treasure vaults lets 'em take care of there own business under tha radar. "False flags", I reckon, diversions. Fear and Greed are powerful tools ta manipulate tha public. ...

Amen, I couldn't have said it better than that red part.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:

One question. Could ye please explain why HERE yer sayin this book is just a "traditionalist mythical account":

" **Another book that I highly recommend to those interested in learning the truth about Jesse James is The Life, Times, and Treacherous Death of Jesse James by Frank Triplett. During my research into the famous outlaw, I read more traditionalist, mythical accounts of Jesse than I did books that questioned his 1882 “death”. This was one of those traditionalist accounts."

Yet HERE yer sayin its tha "only biography of Jesse James authorized by Jesse's mother and alleged wife " an "Proves" that the alleged “bullet hole” in the St. Joseph house was a hoax?

" It was written by a man who left very little trace of himself. I read this and many other traditionalist books because I was looking for outright lies, provable inaccuracies in their stories, and statements and accounts of eyewitnesses that have been altered, in the decades since, to fool the public. The book was the only biography of Jesse James that was authorized by Jesse's mother and alleged wife. As far as finding holes in the traditionalists' myth about Jesse James, this book sure didn't disappoint me. Probably the most remarkable part of it is in Chapter XLVL regarding the post mortem examination of the body by Coroner Heddens and “…Dr. Catlett, superindendent of the lunatic asylum at St. Joseph…” They reported finding the bullet lodged just under the skin behind the left ear! They also found that the cut on the side of his head was caused by the clubbing of the victim by his assailants and “was made with the trigger of a revolver and not by the bullet.” This post mortem proves that the alleged “bullet hole” in the St. Joseph house, from which the owners have made a fortune advertising as the hole made from the bullet that killed Jesse James, is nothing but a hoax on the American public. "

First ye claim tha book is a Traditionalist Mythical Account, then turn around and claim it is the Truth.
Which is it, a Mythical Account, or tha Truth? Ye seem ta be a bit confused. ???

:dontknow:

You must be looking in a mirror. It's not me who's confused. It's a traditionalist mythical account because it bases its story on the myth that Bob Ford killed Jesse James in St. Joseph, Missouri in 1882. That never happened so it's myth that's been perpetuated by traditionalist historians, authors, and lecturers ever since that date. The information about the bullet wound that killed the imposter came directly from the coroner's inquest and autopsy report that was made by Dr. Catlett and Coroner Heddens. That part is history, not myth. If you are as interested in the book as you pretend to be, maybe you should just quiet down and read it, as I have.
~Texas Jay

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for a fact know that the KGC Depositories exist. I have located 58 large depositories that the US Government WILL NOT LET ME RECOVER. They do exist. I have J. James and F. James carved on a tree along with the letters KGC. But James is only written once.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
You must be looking in a mirror. It's not me who's confused. It's a traditionalist mythical account because it bases its story on the myth that Bob Ford killed Jesse James in St. Joseph, Missouri in 1882. That never happened so it's myth that's been perpetuated by traditionalist historians, authors, and lecturers ever since that date. The information about the bullet wound that killed the imposter came directly from the coroner's inquest and autopsy report that was made by Dr. Catlett and Coroner Heddens. That part is history, not myth. If you are as interested in the book as you pretend to be, maybe you should just quiet down and read it, as I have.
~Texas Jay

Thas alright, if ye can't answer the question. Yer reply did answer another'n I had though, so thank ye for savin my time. :wink:

Good luck with yer 'mythbustin'. I must o'missed tha big announcement on tha news somehow, but I'll be sure'n keep my eye out fer the new history books. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thas alright, if ye can't answer the question. Yer reply did answer another'n I had though, so thank ye for savin my time. :wink:

Good luck with yer 'mythbustin'. I must o'missed tha big announcement on tha news somehow, but I'll be sure'n keep my eye out fer the new history books. :thumbsup:

If you're basing your knowledge of history on "tha news", you're in trouble before you even begin. Important historical discoveries are made through lots of research, hard work, and in-the-field experience, not by listening to or believing everything you hear on "tha news".
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread