Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
1867 Date on map #3 K.G.C. Treasure Trail number three

1874 Date on map #1 K.G.C. Treasure Trail number one

1882 Date on heart map K.G.C Treasure Trail number two and start of trail three

The James brothers were most active as members of their own gang from about 1866 until 1876 which leads us to believe that these caches are related. After 1896 they were revisited and added to by placing copper plates with distance and headings over other K.G.C. map pieces which leads us to believe those caches were O.A.K. creating trail #4 #5 and #6

How would that coincide with the Black Book if it were true? The answer, It can not. Which leads a person with those maps to believe the Black Book is total B.S. It also leads us to believe that Jesse was ALL done in 1882. That would also lead a person to believe he was killed in 1882 or he was done robbing and moved on to something else under a false name.

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
1867 Date on map #3 K.G.C. Treasure Trail number three

1874 Date on map #1 K.G.C. Treasure Trail number one

1882 Date on heart map K.G.C Treasure Trail number two and start of trail three

The James brothers were most active as members of their own gang from about 1866 until 1876 which leads us to believe that these caches are related. After 1896 they were revisited and added to by placing copper plates with distance and headings over other K.G.C. map pieces which leads us to believe those caches were O.A.K. creating trail #4 #5 and #6

How would that coincide with the Black Book if it were true? The answer, It can not. Which leads a person with those maps to believe the Black Book is total B.S. It also leads us to believe that Jesse was ALL done in 1882. That would also lead a person to believe he was killed in 1882 or he was done robbing and moved on to something else under a false name.

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Well...1874 and 1882 were definitely momentous years for the James family. I can see why you'd think that.

1867....ALLEGEDLY...JJ and FJ Robbed a bank in Richmond and killed the Mayor and a couple others. I don't know if that was ever proven or not, I just remember it was later someone said it was them and I can't remember who that was now.
You probably know who it was.

Kace

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the Antiquities Act of 1906 and later amendments pretty well criminalizes attempted removal of anything on public lands - Forest Service, National Parks, National Monuments, Wilderness Areas, Military Reservations, Historic Sites, BLM Land, et al. That's a boatload of acreage in the US. Most western states started out as Federal Land territories before being gradually sold or homesteaded. https://www.nps.gov/subjects/legal/the-antiquities-act-of-1906.htm State land laws vary.

Private land? Yeah, a better path to any planned recovery, I suppose, depending on who owns the land. Don't forget the lawyers and the tax man - they'll their clients' share, which will mean they'll likely try to get it all, as is their wont. If you believe in the continued existence of the Organization and the large caches they allegedly still own, it's hard to imagine that those caches are in any way vulnerable to Joe Blow.

I'm thinking NOW would be a good time to try...... 8-)National parks face overflowing trash, toilets in second week of shutdown - National News - ABC News Radio

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Blue Ridge Parkway was devastated by the ICE STORM, 2018 recently; ppl from Wintergreen Resort were NOT amused in Amherst & Nelson Counties.

mbb

Greenie
Nov 21, 2007
Billings, Montana territory
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe JJ died when Bob Ford shot him in the back. If JJ was still living after 1882, his brother Frank would have been at his side but he wasn't. JJ's family and Frank too resorted to all kinds of means to make money off of the death of JJ. There is even a photo of Frank standing at the front gate to the farm with a sign selling stones from JJ's grave. Frank joined in road shows of using his pistols and re-enacting robberies to make money. You think JJ over the KGC with millions of dollars could not help his family out not even his brother Frank or his mother and family. I simply do not believe JJ was over the KGC maybe a member but not acting President. When the Civil War ended he was only like 17 years old. Come on JJ died in 1882 at the hand of Bob Ford.

As I recall JWJ had taken his guns off and was standing on a chair straightening that picture. Jesse was a pistolero, was he not? When Bob Ford cocked that revolver, Jesse must have immediately recognized the sound. A Colt single action makes four clicks when it's cocked and locked. Try it yourself in slow motion...…..C O L T...…..she's spell out her name in announcing that something is about to happen. If I was an experienced gunman like JWJ I would be in fight or flight mode with the quickest reflexes I could manage. And yet we are told he took the round through the head, but no exit wound? I have actually heard both ways, but the usual is that the .45 round stopped below the left eye. Shot angle? Depends on whose story. A SAA 200 gr .45 bullet fired from 10 feet or less should have left bone and brains on the picture and Lord knows where else. I'm only suggesting that it fits the scenario of fakery.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
As I recall JWJ had taken his guns off and was standing on a chair straightening that picture. Jesse was a pistolero, was he not? When Bob Ford cocked that revolver, Jesse must have immediately recognized the sound. A Colt single action makes four clicks when it's cocked and locked. Try it yourself in slow motion...…..C O L T...…..she's spell out her name in announcing that something is about to happen. If I was an experienced gunman like JWJ I would be in fight or flight mode with the quickest reflexes I could manage. And yet we are told he took the round through the head, but no exit wound? I have actually heard both ways, but the usual is that the .45 round stopped below the left eye. Shot angle? Depends on whose story. A SAA 200 gr .45 bullet fired from 10 feet or less should have left bone and brains on the picture and Lord knows where else. I'm only suggesting that it fits the scenario of fakery.

I agree wholeheartedly! Anyone knows the sound of a revolver cocking...

The original bullet hole had hit nothing hard before hitting the wall. No Doubt.

That hole that's seen now has been chipped away by tourists and I understand it's been covered by plexiglass.

Kace

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

That was the way I heard it too. Then I watched Dexter .......

high volocity.jpg

L.C.:icon_thumright:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Blue Ridge Parkway was devastated by the ICE STORM, 2018 recently; ppl from Wintergreen Resort were NOT amused in Amherst & Nelson Counties.

Used to cruise through skyline drive watch the deer and eat a HIGHS peanut butter icecream....those were the days! I wonder what the deer thought when the ice came? Can't even head for the hills when you are in them already!

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder If luminol would tell the story still?

That's pretty doubtful...The Layfayette St home where the shooting occurred has been moved from that location 2-3 times and it's been changed some on top of the moving.

Kace

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
This does show some of the players in Real Life.

The last word under the photo is 'together'.

IMG_3441.PNG

After Dalton and Roscoe James deaths, letters were found between Howk and Roscoe James with Howk trying to enlist RJ's help into more escapades to capitalize on Dalton as JJ.

I don't think RJ was the type of guy Howk was. I've got quite a bit to look at, but right now it doesn't appear that way.

I 'think'...I'll have to research it more but during that time period seems to be when some more treasure maps were created and sold from JJ3.

Kace

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been reading a lot of these Howk letters again was thinking that maybe after or when we get done with this BB discussion we could go over the Howk correspondence.

The letters I have are Before the BB and JJATLC, but they explain the reasons for the BB and Maps and what he was doing. I also have copies of Howk's letters to people asking for information about different people and events. And Money. There was another book he says he wrote that I'm trying to find that was in the '50's.

Kentuck I believe has some of these copies too...he posted some on another thread where we were talking a bit about this. Others might have some as well. Anyway, they give a lot of insight as to the reasons for the BB as well as the history of Dalton and Howk and other more modern day people that were involved in one way or another in all of the things that happened. These are Before he came out as JJ3.

If that's okay with you guys I'll post the next part of the BB.

Let me know and we'll go on.

Thanks,

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Used to cruise through skyline drive watch the deer and eat a HIGHS peanut butter icecream....those were the days! I wonder what the deer thought when the ice came? Can't even head for the hills when you are in them already!
Well, Skyline Drive is the Shenandoah National Park; do NOT know of the damages up there. We are SOUTH of SNP on the Blue Ridge Parkway; MUCH damages, & the non-profit Friends of the Blue Ridge organization are doing what they can. Roanoke, Va. area... have not been up there since X-mas (BRP); far as I know, Peaks of Otter is open.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I've been reading a lot of these Howk letters again was thinking that maybe after or when we get done with this BB discussion we could go over the Howk correspondence.

The letters I have are Before the BB and JJATLC, but they explain the reasons for the BB and Maps and what he was doing. I also have copies of Howk's letters to people asking for information about different people and events. And Money. There was another book he says he wrote that I'm trying to find that was in the '50's.

Kentuck I believe has some of these copies too...he posted some on another thread where we were talking a bit about this. Others might have some as well. Anyway, they give a lot of insight as to the reasons for the BB as well as the history of Dalton and Howk and other more modern day people that were involved in one way or another in all of the things that happened. These are Before he came out as JJ3.

If that's okay with you guys I'll post the next part of the BB.

Let me know and we'll go on.

Thanks,

Kace
Carry on...

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Back To The BB.

According to JJ3 after getting Zee and Zeralda on board with claiming the guy who was shot and killed was in fact JWJ...

Captain Harrison Trow, saying he was from Gov. Crittenden's office shows up to identify the body as that of JWJ.

JJ3 says Harrison Trow was really JWJ in disguise and an alias JWJ used and that he didn't exist before that day.

Kace

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Back To The BB.

According to JJ3 after getting Zee and Zeralda on board with claiming the guy who was shot and killed was in fact JWJ...

Captain Harrison Trow, saying he was from Gov. Crittenden's office shows up to identify the body as that of JWJ.

JJ3 says Harrison Trow was really JWJ in disguise and an alias JWJ used and that he didn't exist before that day.

Kace

" Bob and Charlie were arraigned on charges of first-degree murder on April 17, 1882, and sentenced to hang after both pleaded guilty, but they were pardoned that same afternoon by Governor Crittenden. If the Ford brothers had expected any reward money, though, they were most likely disappointed. There was considerable commotion over the killing of Jesse for the next several months as newspapers found that, in death as well as life, he could sell papers"

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
" Bob and Charlie were arraigned on charges of first-degree murder on April 17, 1882, and sentenced to hang after both pleaded guilty, but they were pardoned that same afternoon by Governor Crittenden. If the Ford brothers had expected any reward money, though, they were most likely disappointed. There was considerable commotion over the killing of Jesse for the next several months as newspapers found that, in death as well as life, he could sell papers"

That's Very True.

What are your and anyone else's thoughts about JJ3's story on Captain Harrison Trow?

It's only April 3rd, 1882 in the Black Book is the reason I ask.

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread