Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Like Tree1148Likes

Thread: Jesse James Was One Of His Names...Black Book Discussion

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4353 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Back to JJ3 and the BB..

Chicago,1948: JJ3 mentions another cousin of JWJ named Denzil (Dan) Teza who he says was still alive in 1972...Apparently he was one of the affidavit signers saying JFD was JWJ.

Next is JWJ is wondering about where his cousin Jesse ROBERT (Dingus) James is. This is the Jesse James who JJ3 says was born 9-5-1847 in Clay County, MO.

A relative of his, JJ3 says, provides the information that Jesse Dingus is 101yrs old and living in Cottage Hill, Florida under the name Joseph L. Hines. Laying Low.

I'm not familiar with the Teza name. Anyone else know it?

Kace
    Last edited by Kace; Feb 21, 2019 at 07:19 AM.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4353 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Next Stop In The BB...JJ3 says they stop in Atlanta, GA to visit family of JWJ (JFD) and says his Mother was Mollie Dalton.

JJ3 says that JWJ is anxious to get to Pensacola, Florida to see his cousin Jesse R.'Dingus' James and when they arrived at the San Carlos Hotel, JWJ sent word to Dingus to meet them there. Two days go by without Dingus showing up and then JJ3, ('The Hawk') looked out the window and saw an old man sitting against a wall with dark glasses on and his hat off...JJ3 says people were dropping coins in his hat as they walked by.

JJ3 says he had seen this man the day before and suddenly realizes It's Cousin Dingus!! JJ3 gets Two Silver Dollars and walks by the man and tosses One Dollar in his hat and says 'Turkey Tracks'. JJ3 walks a little farther, turns around and comes back while tossing the second Silver Dollar in his hat says 'Seen a Turtle Go By my friend'?.....

Kace
    Last edited by Kace; Feb 21, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

Jun 2007
    13546 times
    HA! I remember THAT part... both "sayings" were CODE-WORDS... HEH!
    Kace likes this.

Sep 2017
    243 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Kace,
    I read the BB years ago. Just found my notes. On page 14 there is a man named Cyclone Denton, identified as a JJ gang member. Do you have any info about this fellow?
    In 1863 one of the men I am following was staying in a St Louis hotel with a 28 year old Stephen Denton from Illinois who identified as a horse trader. They both were caught up in the draft act and signed up. My guy has no military record after this. I have done some research for Stephen and or Cyclone Denton but have come up with nothing. Anyone ever heard of him?
    Thanks.
    WH
    Rebel - KGC and Kace like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    4353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by White Heart View Post
    Kace,
    I read the BB years ago. Just found my notes. On page 14 there is a man named Cyclone Denton, identified as a JJ gang member. Do you have any info about this fellow?
    In 1863 one of the men I am following was staying in a St Louis hotel with a 28 year old Stephen Denton from Illinois who identified as a horse trader. They both were caught up in the draft act and signed up. My guy has no military record after this. I have done some research for Stephen and or Cyclone Denton but have come up with nothing. Anyone ever heard of him?
    Thanks.
    WH
    WH...I looked for some of these guys too and many do not exist...

If he did exist I believe "Cyclone Denton" would of been one of the guys supposedly on the Slave Owners Boxing Circuit like John Trammel "The Black Cobra" supposedly was. I don't know that to be fact, but if so, Denton would be the name to search through the slave schedules.

If he was one of the Black Boxers, it's highly unlikely he would of been staying in a Hotel in 1863 in Missouri...Unless that hotel was owned by someone in that sport and segregated rooms were available.

That's Just My Thoughts...I've not found him either.

Kace
    FIRST: Research The TELLER OF THE TALE With As Much Due Diligence As The TALE Itself

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    4353 times
    ***NOTICE***

This Topic Of The Black Book Will Be Resuming Sometime Within The Next Week.

I'll Repost The Guidelines We All Agreed To Before.

Let's Keep It Fun This Time and All Are Welcome.

AFTER we've finished, we can start another thread with everyone's thoughts and analogies of the book.

Kace
    FIRST: Research The TELLER OF THE TALE With As Much Due Diligence As The TALE Itself

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links