Addressing and Correcting Misinformation in the KGC Forum

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Clam(s)"...? I DO love Clams, & YES, we DO love & live longer! HEH!

Yes, clams are fine, but the experts claim ahi tuna and Alaskan salmon are the best for your health. By the way - any AK KGC rumors (the state, not the weapon)?

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow love this. I am one for filtering fact from fiction. You my friend have done a wonderul job.

Bein' relatively new ta TNet, I couldn't help but notice tha appalling amount of Misinformation that is floating around tha KGC forum. As a Historian, it saddens me ta think of all tha readers out there who are being misinformed and misled. I would like ta be able ta address that misinformation here and present documentation that disputes it and verifies the correct information. That is what I hope ta accomplish with this thread.

I would like ta keep tha thread focused on documented facts and restricted to disputing the information/misinformation itself, not tha individual/member, thereby promoting Full Disclosure while maintaining Civil Discourse. Rebuttals are welcome, using tha same protocol. I realize that comes hard fer some, but hope ta manage a civil tone without having ta call fer Moderation.

That said, I apologise in advance fer the length of my opening post but here goes....

:coffee2:

Tha first piece of Misinformation I'd like ta address is in regards ta several threads where tha following photo is being touted as evidence of a "Secret Meeting of the O.A.K.'s Inner Circle in 1904 at Arbor Lodge in Nebraska City". allegedly hosted by Paul Morton; using pixelated close-ups from this photo both on tha forum and Pinterest as well, and claiming them ta be Teddy Roosevelt, an undead Jesse James, and Andrew Carnegie (among others).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

THAT IS MISINFORMATION.

Tha original photograph from tha Daniel H. Burnham Collection accompanies a lengthy article that was printed in a 1904 issue of Hearst International Magazine, describing tha two day event, and where ALL INDIVIDUALS in tha photo are IDENTIFIED along with a detailed summary of tha party and a complete guest list. Tha two day party was quite an event and was widely covered in newspapers across Nebraska and elsewhere, and was a well documented celebration. It WAS NOT a "Secret Meeting" by any stretch of tha imagination....

attachment.php

In tha interest of Full Disclosure For Research Purposes, I present tha Original Photo from tha Daniel H. Burnham Collection (Art Institute of Chicago, Ryerson & Burnham Archives)...

attachment.php

.... and tha copy (*Redacted) that was printed in tha 1904 Hearst International Magazine coverage of tha event, which includes tha TRUE IDENTITY of those subjects that are MISIDENTIFIED above.

* Those who seek tha unredacted copy are free ta do their OWN research and look it up yerself. I've listed my source fer ye.

attachment.php

Tha man seated in tha chair on tha extreme left, front row, is Judge George Baker Lake of Omaha, NE - NOT JESSE JAMES....

attachment.php

Tha man standing in tha second row with his arms crossed is Architect, Daniel H. Burnham - NOT TEDDY ROOSEVELT....

attachment.php

Tha man seated in tha chair on tha extreme right, front row, is former Republican U.S. Senator Charles Frederick Manderson - NOT ANDREW CARNEGIE....

attachment.php

Now, as a historian, Roosevelt jest happens ta be one of my favorite subjects. When I ran across this misinformation here on tha forum, I was gobsmacked. Roosevelt was nowhere near Arbor Lodge, Nebraska City on tha date of this celebration. It's common knowledge fer those who study his life and Presidency that he always made his home tha "Summer White House". Theodore Roosevelt spent tha entire month of July 1904 at his Sagamore Hill home in Oyster Bay, NY.

Theodore Roosevelt and his Sagamore Hill Home
U.S. Department of the Interior

https://www.nps.gov/sahi/learn/management/upload/sahi-historic-resource-study-2007-final.pdf

The Summer White House, pg 35

It is unfortunate that MISINFORMATION such as this proliferates on today's internet, and especially when found here on tha forum. It's my hope that by making these documents available I can save many researchers from wasting their time on bad information and "rabbit holes" of Speculation masquerading as fact.

Researchers may want ta bookmark this thread as I have more instances I'm plannin ta address in posts ta follow. And please feel free ta contribute yer own Documentation, with Sources, related ta any misinformation you may have found in these threads as well. By sharing this information we can All help TNet readers become better informed.

Happy researching... :icon_thumright:

Tobe

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks EC Mason. Ol' Kentuck has done a wealth of research. I believe he also has a blobsite somewhere. But anyway I appreciate sound research. Thanks again.

OP
OP
Ol' Kentuck

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks EC Mason. Ol' Kentuck has done a wealth of research. I believe he also has a blobsite somewhere. But anyway I appreciate sound research. Thanks again.

Thank you, Franklin, it was my pleasure to be of service. :notworthy:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already? Gasp! ???
Any verifiabily current, or historicably
correctable proofs (non speculative) pics? 8-)
... :fish: :sunny:
:cross:
~: CDS :~

No need to fear the Illuminati they are in the Dark more than some of us are.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
No need to fear the Illuminati they are in the Dark more than some of us are.
No fear my friend, just commenting on da tread.
Please see my signature below. When the LORD
allows my time's done up, that's how it'll be.
Far as "The Illuminati" goes, I think that's
clues of what possibly some have spoken
short & subtly of course, like our friend L.C.
But what do I know, just a casual kind of
observer on this short lil' ride. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread