Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By CJ Hunter
  • 2 Post By Kace
  • 2 Post By Ditlihi
  • 2 Post By CJ Hunter
  • 2 Post By Kace
  • 2 Post By Kace
  • 1 Post By Ditlihi
  • 1 Post By Ditlihi
  • 1 Post By Ditlihi

Thread: Discussion about Jesse James and KGC ties in N.W. Arkansas

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    CJ Hunter

Mar 2019
    NWA
    Gti 2500
    4 times
    Relic Hunting

Discussion about Jesse James and KGC ties in N.W. Arkansas

I have heard several stories of Jesse James frequenting the local area here. (Boone County)
    One of which an elderly neighbor and personal friend told me that Jesse was through this area frequently and had given his grandfather $50 to help the family in hard times. He also said that it was rumored that there is $200,000 hidden close to zinc Arkansas.
    The other story that was told to me was from a local pastor. It was about a woman by the name "Granny" that lived on the outskirts of Zinc. She passed away around 18 years ago at the ripe old age of 109. She told stories of Jesse hiding out in her root cellar that was under the kitchen floor. Every time he came around, he gave her some money in exchange for safe hiding. Later in life she reportedly took a walk in the woods and came up with enough money to pay for her land and buy a new car. Several people here have verified the story as well. The pastor friend also said that there were JJ initials carved in one of the logs in the root cellar before it burned several years ago.
    Was she possibly a sentinel? Is there possibly more buried?
    Curious about thoughts on this...
    Rebel - KGC and Kace like this.

Jun 2007
    13570 times
    Sounds like a "Safe House"...

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4385 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Hunter View Post
    I have heard several stories of Jesse James frequenting the local area here. (Boone County)
    One of which an elderly neighbor and personal friend told me that Jesse was through this area frequently and had given his grandfather $50 to help the family in hard times. He also said that it was rumored that there is $200,000 hidden close to zinc Arkansas.
    The other story that was told to me was from a local pastor. It was about a woman by the name "Granny" that lived on the outskirts of Zinc. She passed away around 18 years ago at the ripe old age of 109. She told stories of Jesse hiding out in her root cellar that was under the kitchen floor. Every time he came around, he gave her some money in exchange for safe hiding. Later in life she reportedly took a walk in the woods and came up with enough money to pay for her land and buy a new car. Several people here have verified the story as well. The pastor friend also said that there were JJ initials carved in one of the logs in the root cellar before it burned several years ago.
    Was she possibly a sentinel? Is there possibly more buried?
    Curious about thoughts on this...
    You might Check with your local Historical Society to see if they have information on what you've heard. Is Zinc close to where the Vaughn's lived/live? Is it close to Hatfield?

I'd also see if you can find Granny's Grave or Or some sort of official records on her...from the county even. Just by the numbers you put up in your post, even adding a couple years, she wouldn't of been born til 1890. The stories, if true, could of been regarding her parents or grandparents. Plat Books and Property Tax records would show that information if what you've heard was on her land.

There's several Arkansas guys that frequent this thread that probably would be able to give you some information.

Good Luck CJ!
    Kace
    Rebel - KGC and Ditlihi like this.
    FIRST: Research The TELLER OF THE TALE With As Much Due Diligence As The TALE Itself

Aug 2016
    3774 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Zinc is east of Harrison in the northern part of the state towards Missouri, Hatfield is south of Ft. Smith, near the Oklahoma border. About 200 mi. from each other.

My guess would be one of the Impostors getting free room and board with his tales.

Edit: John James comes to mind.
    Last edited by Ditlihi; May 22, 2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Kace and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    CJ Hunter

Mar 2019
    NWA
    Gti 2500
    4 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    You might Check with your local Historical Society to see if they have information on what you've heard. Is Zinc close to where the Vaughn's lived/live? Is it close to Hatfield?

I'd also see if you can find Granny's Grave or Or some sort of official records on her...from the county even. Just by the numbers you put up in your post, even adding a couple years, she wouldn't of been born til 1890. The stories, if true, could of been regarding her parents or grandparents. Plat Books and Property Tax records would show that information if what you've heard was on her land.

There's several Arkansas guys that frequent this thread that probably would be able to give you some information.

Good Luck CJ!
    Kace
    You're right, the numbers don't add up. I will look into better dates and keep asking questions. Jesse was reported to robbing a bank in Harrison, which is about 12 miles from here.
    Rebel - KGC and Ditlihi like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4385 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditlihi View Post
    Zinc is east of Harrison in the northern part of the state towards Missouri, Hatfield is south of Ft. Smith, near the Oklahoma border. About 200 mi. from each other.

My guess would be one of the Impostors getting free room and board with his tales.

HaHa. That entered my mind too....This guy that Kentuck put up...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4409.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	995.8 KB 
ID:	1715271

Kace
    Ditlihi and Rebel - KGC like this.
    FIRST: Research The TELLER OF THE TALE With As Much Due Diligence As The TALE Itself

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    4385 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditlihi View Post

Thanks Dit!! I put Kentuck's pic of John James up! Love That and I think you're Imposter theory is right on the money.

Kace
    Ditlihi and Rebel - KGC like this.

Aug 2016
    3774 times
    That Kentuck is a hoot, lol, and wise as an Owl. Never seen anyone like him when it comes to hardcore research.

And I have Tnet to thank for our coming together.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Aug 2016
    3774 times
    I found this article in True West Magazine interesting. A possibility the JJ stories grew out of the old "telephone game"?

https://truewestmagazine.com/outlaw-henry-starr/
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Aug 2016
    3774 times
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links