Jesse James III KGC Maps

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Was just curious if anyone knows how many KGC maps out there are specifically attributed to Jesse James II, a many maps appear to have his signature on them. I was just trying to scrape together some examples and background on what's been presented out there (particularly on Tnet and other forums) and thought perhaps someone here had an idea. I have a digital copy of "Jesse James Was One of His Names" but don't recall seeing any maps in it. Which also makes me wonder, if they weren't published in books where did these maps come from...that is, how did they come to public attention? Here's what I have so far...

It's worth noting that I believe nearly all of these came from Tnet, so I'm not sharing something that isn't already out there. Similarly, there are other maps associated with KGC deposits but are not included here because they aren't associated with JJ III. Another collection of maps not by JJ III would be interesting because I think there would be a lot of debate over what was and what wasn't really KGC related.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
JJ III Montana.jpg

Not sure if this one has an official name (ala Brentwood) but it appears to indicate a cache in Montana. Friend of mine was trying to pin down the general area of this, not sure how that ever turned out though.

OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
View attachment 1749946
Not sure of the provenance of this map either, it has a signature different than most the JJ III maps but the style seems consistent. Not sure if the map has an "official" name. This particular version is rather faced and difficult to make out. Not sure what area this is supposed to be located in.

OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
View attachment 1749950

This one appears to be a JJ III map but doesn't have his signature on it, near as I can tell. Again, no discernable location though it appears someone else has written "Kansas" in the upper right corner of the map.

OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
View attachment 1749951

One of the more well-known maps from JJ III, though I don't see his name on it either. Lots of detail in this one and some suggestion that the original map might have been a bit bigger as parts appear to be cut off.

OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Redacted JJ III - unknown.jpg

This one definitely came from Tnet, but it's redacted....has anyone seen an unredacted copy? This one doesn't have the JJ III signature but the style is similar. I'd like to know more about this one as it is reminiscent of another project I'm working on.

Signman

Feb 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if they are still out there on Tnet but many years ago someone posted many KGC maps attributed to John Murrell. I was very fortunate that a man put a post on Tnet back around 96 or 97 stating that he had a murrell map on animal skin that was found in a home hidden behind wallpaper in the bathroom of a house. The owner had died and the house went up for sale. The people who bought it found the map while renovating and gave it to him. He described the map and asked for help. I answered his question. I had forgotten about it and then a year or so later he contacted me and said that I and one other person offered up help. Everyone else just wanted him to give them a copy of the map. He said my information was correct and he was having no luck solving the map and asked if I wanted to work with him on it. He ended up making a copy of it (both sides) and mailed it to me. He ended up passing away and I moved on to other things. The maps posted were similar but not exactly the same as mine but all were attributed to murrell. The problem with the ones posted here were they were hand drawn replicas. That made them pretty useless. Mine was a scan of the original from the animal skin. They look quite a bit different from those JJIII maps. Mine references 2 treasures in Louisiana. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread