Just How Much Did They Have to Bury? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 79
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Just How Much Did They Have to Bury?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

    May 2012
    13,506
    23667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    (Just a bit of levity here, so don't take it personally) But literally everything after the first four sentences was speculation, assumption or question begging.
    Hey , I tried to take it easy about my and others Dents Run rambling speculations....

  2. #17
    us
    Jan 2013
    Maryland
    Bounty Hunter
    1,526
    1763 times
    Metal Detecting
    I don't believe the FBI excavation was related gold at all. To the best of my knowledge, and I'll be happy to be proven wrong, the only thing the FBI said about Dent's Run is:

    "The FBI was conducting a court-authorized excavation last week at Dents Run, Elk County, Pennsylvania.
    Nothing was found, and the excavation ended on Wednesday, March 14.
    As this is related to an ongoing investigation, any additional comment would be inappropriate at this time."

    Boiled down, it says the FBI conducted a court-authorized excavation relating to an ongoing investigation at Dent's Run. No mention of gold, KGC, or anything for that matter. Maybe they were looking for a dumping ground for a serial killer. Who knows?Insert your own theory here. "_________________________"

    The rest of the "information" regarding Dent's Run was disseminated by FinderKeeper. He controlled the narrative both here in the forums and to the press.
    Last edited by Doubter in MD; Jan 17, 2020 at 01:29 PM.

  3. #18
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubter in MD View Post
    I don't believe the FBI excavation was related gold at all. To the best of my knowledge, and I'll be happy to be proven wrong, the only thing the FBI said about Dent's Run is:

    "The FBI was conducting a court-authorized excavation last week at Dents Run, Elk County, Pennsylvania.
    Nothing was found, and the excavation ended on Wednesday, March 14.
    As this is related to an ongoing investigation, any additional comment would be inappropriate at this time."

    Boiled down, it says the FBI conducted a court-authorized excavation relating to an ongoing investigation at Den's Run. No mention of gold, KGC, or anything for that matter. Maybe they were looking for a dumping ground for a serial killer. Who knows?Insert your own theory here. "_________________________"

    The rest of the "information" regarding Dent's Run was disseminated by FinderKeeper. He controlled the narrative both here in the forums and to the press.
    Exactly. We don't even know they were there for any "treasure". Court authorization makes sense, as I believe it was on State Forest Land, which explains the court order.

    Speaking of how speculation grows on to what the FBI was doing there and the false notion that, since they were there in large numbers with equipment, they HAD to have had found something or had some compelling reason. I remember one LE training outing we had we went out to an abandoned State Mental Hospital and did building search and room clearing drills. There was over 75 of us running around there, far more then the FBI had at this site. Passerby's probably were speculating we were in search of escaped convicts hiding up in the old abandoned building or we were digging up bodies in the basement, when in fact, we were just training. It's far more probable they were using this as more of forensics training outing or researching some cold case missing persons report, then any realistic expectation of digging up the legend of lost Dents run payroll gold...
    Last edited by GoDeep; Jan 17, 2020 at 01:50 PM.

  4. #19
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by tseek7 View Post
    Yes yes, we don't know 100% there was any "treasure", in quotation marks as you put it. Sorry to ask, but do you even believe in treasure hunting?

    "It's far more probable they were using this as more of forensics training outing or researching some cold case missing persons report, then any realistic expectation of digging up the legend of lost Dents run payroll gold..."

    More boring and unreasonably excessive skepticism. No, its not "far more probable".
    Excuse me, you think it is more probable they found the Legend of Dent's run gold then something far more mundane? Name me one Treasure Legend that was ever found ? (they don't call them "legends" for nothing). Even if the Dent's run gold did exist in the first place (which many doubt it even ever existed, let alone in the form of gold bars), was transported as the legend describes, did get buried (rather then stolen by the transporters, or robbed) and every single one at the time who knew its whereabouts died before recovering it and without telling anyone about its whereabout before dieing and no one in the past 150+ years didn't discover it in the interim, it would still run probably run 1 in a million or 1 in a billion chance of finding it. So yeah, i'll stick to my original assertion that its far more likely they used the Dent's run gold legend as an excuse to do some field training or something even more mundane like working a missing persons case.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Jan 17, 2020 at 04:11 PM.

  5. #20
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by tseek7 View Post
    It depends on who you believe. Since you've expressed that you believe establishment over anyone else then it doesn't surprise me that you don't believe a treasure from any legend has ever been recovered.

    Hellooooo... Wakey wakeeeeee... Eggs and bakey. Giant gold treasure recoveries don't make it to the morning news!
    I again ask, what treasure legends are you aware of that have ever been verifiably recovered? (google is your friend)
    Last edited by GoDeep; Jan 17, 2020 at 04:32 PM.

  6. #21
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by tseek7 View Post
    Verifiable to 100% absolute certainty that would convince the whole world it actually happened? None at all. But that's actually something as a treasure hunter myself I'm pretty happy about. Less competition. Anyways, I know people who are from families that hit a large cache. One guy had a grandfather who was dirt poor from his beginnings and suddenly became rich. It was a mystery to everyone how it happened. All his life he kept the secret. Until on his death bed he revealed to one of his sons that he had accidentally dug up a cache of gold bars while digging a fish pond. These things happen man. People are too terrified to tell anybody once they do, but it happens.
    Digging up random cache's is not digging up a treasure legend (think oak island, dent's run, Nazi gold train, yamashita, lost (insert name) mine etc.

  7. #22
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by tseek7 View Post
    It depends on who you believe.
    EXACTLY, I never said I believe anyone. I believe in facts.

    Facts are unequivocal that no gold was found. A reading on a machine is just a reading, one must dig to confirm. We ALL know those machines give a ton of false positives. The original treasure hunter confirmed he never observed a single gold bar, never dug up a single gold bar and never possessed a single gold bar. Further, he never observed the FBI dig a single gold bar or possess a single gold bar after the fact. FULL STOP.

  8. #23
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by tseek7 View Post
    Finders Keepers said they were prevented from watching the excavation. They sat in their truck waiting for hours outside the operation area. The FBI eventually approached their vehicle and told them that they were going to call it a day and come back tomorrow. Finders Keepers returned the next morning only to find the FBI had packed up and vanished, leaving behind a deep empty hole. The neighbors said the FBI had actually been operating all night, then several black SUVs began backing up to the hole and driving out of there... Come on man. Come on. Is the generic FBI response to questioning really what you are going to settle on?
    Edit: In reading their old posts, they did say the FBI showed them an empty hole (but filled it before leaving). This is far different then it's portrayed, its portrayed as the FBI left in the middle of the night and all the found was an empty hole. Untrue.

    Please post where he said they left a deep, empty hole and a picture of it, I don't recall this (he may have, I just don't ever recall that). As I recall, he posted pics where they were digging and it was all covered back up. And for a moment we'll assume these so called witnesses observed the FBI operating at night doesn't mean anything was found, nor is it even suspicious given that since they had the area closed off, they could have just as well did it during the day. The didn't need cover of night...lol.

    You have a narrative that the Gold was found, facts be damned. Peace, i'm just beating my head.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Jan 19, 2020 at 11:27 AM.

  9. #24

    Dec 2019
    59
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    Please post where he said they left a deep, empty hole and a picture of it, I don't recall this (he may have, I just don't ever recall that). As I recall, he posted pics where they were digging and it was all covered back up. And for a moment we'll assume these so called witnesses observed the FBI operating at night doesn't mean anything was found, nor is it even suspicious given that since they had the area closed off, they could have just as well did it during the day. The didn't need cover of night...lol.
    It doesn't sound like you watched this video. But maybe you did, anyway here it is...



    Maybe I was wrong about the empty hole. It could have just been the hole was filled back in. My mistake.

    Well of course the FBI would need to operate after Finders Keepers had left already if they planned to take it all. Since Finders Keepers were going to wait there from sun up to sun down until being ordered to leave the area, that happened to mean operating at night.
    Last edited by tseek7; Jan 17, 2020 at 05:25 PM.

  10. #25
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by tseek7 View Post
    ...if they planned to take it all.
    Take all of what? We are putting the cart before the horse. We haven't even established the Legend is true, let alone anything there, let alone gold bars...

    We are literally now mixing a Legend (of buried gold) with a Conspiracy (the FBI)...you are so far down the rabbit hole now, your confirmation bias so entrenched, there's no pulling you out, I need to save myself, so i'll leave the legend to you. Peace.

  11. #26
    us
    Amature Historian and World Traveler.

    Feb 2013
    Sovereign America
    627
    689 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    FinderKeeper(Petitioner) won their first petition case: 1683CD18_10-24-19.pdf

    Might have news soon on the Dents Run 6 tonnes of Gold and 2.5 tonnes of silver. Est value: 450 to 600 million dollars.

    Or at lease a follow up.


    There are no ancient secrets to decoding the past, there is only great research and applied logic.


  12. #27
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by embrym View Post
    FinderKeeper(Petitioner) won their first petition case: 1683CD18_10-24-19.pdf

    Might have news soon on the Dents Run 6 tonnes of Gold and 2.5 tonnes of silver. Est value: 450 to 600 million dollars.

    Or at lease a follow up.
    Thank you for sharing this, it confirms facts, not speculative assertions that the cache had been found. Three facts that are pertinent that Finders own lawyer points out in his appeal petition:

    1. The Petitioner admits that it is an "alleged civil war cache". Additionally, we know by his testimony here on these forums, that he never dug a single gold bar, nor laid eyes on a single gold bar, so he is not claiming he found it, just that he thinks it may have been buried there.

    2. The object is not described as gold bars, or even gold, it is described as a "Large Metal object" Also note, that this was through a scan, it was not yet dug up. It could have been black sand, an iron ore deposit or even a false positive and after it was dug up, the FBI claimed no material was found.

    3. The FBI claims that "No material was found".

    Those are the facts. Is the FBI lying? It's only speculation. Was it gold, black sand, iron car frame, hot rocks etc? It's only speculation. We will have to wait. Though we may never get the full story, as it sounds like the court is going to allow an "in-camera" review (which means in private, not open to the public and often without documents allowed to be copied or removed).

    Also, the case being sealed is not unusual at all. It doesn't mean anything nefarious. The FBI more often then not keeps it's cases sealed and keeps them open and ongoing, just in case more evidence is found or sensitive information is uncovered (i.e. in the case of high profile murders, organized crime etc).
    Last edited by GoDeep; Jan 18, 2020 at 09:31 AM.

  13. #28
    us
    Amature Historian and World Traveler.

    Feb 2013
    Sovereign America
    627
    689 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The FinderKeeper group won 3 court cases against the FBI and 3 court cases against DCNR and now they're headed to Federal Court.

    They can't say more until final adjudication.

    Note: They drilled the site and saw Gold and more, with video.

    Note: Cache tail/story/legend is about Gold and Silver bullion being carried North during War to a US Mint to be made into coin for Military. However could being any kind of treasure, for they were excluded from retrieval. The entire story is already on this forum. Research Dents Run and/or FinderKeeper on this forum.

    And, I would now advise not to PM's them until their case is finalized. Im sure they will make it public and the papers will publish it.


    There are no ancient secrets to decoding the past, there is only great research and applied logic.


  14. #29
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    524
    1022 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by embrym View Post
    The FinderKeeper group won 3 court cases against the FBI and 3 court cases against DCNR and now they're headed to Federal Court.

    They can't say more until final adjudication.

    Note: They drilled the site and saw Gold and more, with video.

    Note: Cache tail/story/legend is about Gold and Silver bullion being carried North during War to a US Mint to be made into coin for Military. However could being any kind of treasure, for they were excluded from retrieval. The entire story is already on this forum. Research Dents Run and/or FinderKeeper on this forum.

    And, I would now advise not to PM's them until their case is finalized. Im sure they will make it public and the papers will publish it.
    1. You say they can't say more until final adjudication, but this is antithetical to the petition they won on appeal. They are the ones who petitioned the court for openness and transparency by the DNR and FBI and won, so any silence and lack of transparency on their part is self imposed which is ironic to say the least.

    2. Also, you say they can't say any more until final adjudication. Final adjudication of what? What did they petition the court for besides a record of the communications between the DCNR and the FBI, which they lost and then won upon appeal?

    3. When you say they "won" 3 cases, what were they petitioning the court for? Saying they "won" a case opens up more speculation then Area 51. I searched and only came up with the instant case and appeal you've posted above. If you have links to other cases, we'd love to see them. I can't even find a docket record for these other 3 cases which would be public record.

    4. You say they drilled the site and came up with gold and it's on video. I remember them claiming they drilled and there was gold on the bit, but no video, photo or analysis evidence was provided that confirmed any gold (there may have been video, but it didn't show any gold to the casual observer). Do you have a link to this video so we can confirm with our own eyes?
    Last edited by GoDeep; Jan 18, 2020 at 08:36 PM.

  15. #30
    us
    Sir

    Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    7,692
    4027 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Pictures of the 50 pounds gold bars would be nice to prove that the story is true. Some of us including myself do not believe the story and the FBI did not find what was never there. But, each to their own. I agree with # 17.
    Last edited by Honest Samuel; Jan 18, 2020 at 08:46 PM.

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. DID YOU EVER BURY A CACHE?
    By against the wind in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 13, 2017, 10:26 AM
  2. Sod huts where did they bury their treasure
    By Duce114 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 08, 2014, 03:20 PM
  3. Connecticut bury treasure
    By Connecticut Sam in forum Treasure Legends - Connecticut
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 12, 2011, 02:16 PM
  4. WHY DO COINS BURY THEMSELVES?
    By hissinroaches in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2009, 08:35 AM
  5. National bury a cache day!
    By goldencoin in forum TreasureNet FAQ/Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 25, 2008, 02:29 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0