Just How Much Did They Have to Bury?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lighten up Honest Samuel, I am no better than anyone else. I have worked very hard researching for 61 years of my 66 years of age. I have researched since I was five years old in search of the Confederate Gold that my father told me of at that young age. He told me of his great great grandfather that was a personal bodyguard for President Abraham Lincoln and a personal bodyguard for President Jefferson Davis. When Secretary of War Edwin Stanton had him removed from guarding President Abraham Lincoln, my ggggrandfather proceeded South and protected President Jefferson Davis. By President Jefferson Davis surviving the war and dying of old age proved of my ggggrandathers devotion to duty. He was trusted so well that all of the treasures of the KGC and the Confederate Treasury were entrusted to him. That is what my father told me of and how that the maps of all the treasures were concealed in his grave. Should I be able to locate the grave. Well I found the grave. It had another soldier's name that was a Yankee on the tombstone. The soldier did not die in the Danville Prisons. I obtained a disinterment order from next of kin of the name on the tombstone to perform a DNA Test. The US Government then said that that soldier was not buried in the grave either. They then came up with another fictious name of a US Soldier from another US State. Being fictious and non-exitstant, I could not obtain permission for the Disinterment order for a soldier that did not exist. The US Government then said if I wanted to perform a Disinterment on the grave I would have to take it to the US District Court in Danville, Virginia. The only thorn in the side was they said if I lost the case I would have to reimburse the United States Government for all their attornies time, air fare tickets, hotel and all charges for scores of their representatives. The cost could very well run into the millions of dollars. That is why this has not gone forward and it most likely never will. My partner and I offered them trillions of dollars in treasure for a finder's fee of one million dollars each. They flatly refused and threatened me that if anyone should dig to retrieve the maps they were coming to me. That's right try to pay off the National Debt for this country and the US Government threatens me with jail.

I'm not claiming this as any law.
But am slightly curious as to what particular court would be involved , and if the government could block it...
I can imagine argument as to who is named on the burial site/vs who owns the space. Arguing the wrong body under the wrong name would be my albeit weak point.

[If a body is improperly buried—that is, buried in a grave belonging to someone else who has not consented to the burial—the court will order the body removed for reburial.]

Read more: Corpse - Rights To Disinterment - Body, Burial, Court, and Buried - JRank Articles https://law.jrank.org/pages/5776/Corpse-Rights-Disinterment.html#ixzz6RFRUen1P

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not claiming this as any law.
But am slightly curious as to what particular court would be involved , and if the government could block it...
I can imagine argument as to who is named on the burial site/vs who owns the space. Arguing the wrong body under the wrong name would be my albeit weak point.

[If a body is improperly buried—that is, buried in a grave belonging to someone else who has not consented to the burial—the court will order the body removed for reburial.]

Read more: Corpse - Rights To Disinterment - Body, Burial, Court, and Buried - JRank Articles https://law.jrank.org/pages/5776/Corpse-Rights-Disinterment.html#ixzz6RFRUen1P

Thanks. The problem I have encountered is the person they say is buried in the grave? He was never a soldier. So no family can be contacted. I did contact the family of the name on the tombstone. They signed a Disinterment Order Form issued by the government. I thought I had all I needed until they came up with another soldier that was not on the tombstone. And proving my ggggrandfather is buried in the same grave is rather difficult as there are no records. Especially of someone that was in the Secret Service during the Civil War.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks. The problem I have encountered is the person they say is buried in the grave? He was never a soldier. So no family can be contacted. I did contact the family of the name on the tombstone. They signed a Disinterment Order Form issued by the government. I thought I had all I needed until they came up with another soldier that was not on the tombstone. And proving my ggggrandfather is buried in the same grave is rather difficult as there are no records. Especially of someone that was in the Secret Service during the Civil War.

There's the thought too that the government could propose marking a headstone as "unknown" where dispute occurs.
A perceived obligation of the correct body under/near the correct monument would seem to require correct family. But which family is correct? Seems it should be the one on the monument, rather than any other the government names.

And if a soldier cemetary , where is/was the enlistment or discharge proof obligation towards the cemetery's rules established?

What a mess.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's the thought too that the government could propose marking a headstone as "unknown" where dispute occurs.
A perceived obligation of the correct body under/near the correct monument would seem to require correct family. But which family is correct? Seems it should be the one on the monument, rather than any other the government names.

And if a soldier cemetary , where is/was the enlistment or discharge proof obligation towards the cemetery's rules established?

What a mess.

You got that right MESS. I asked them why the name was on the tombstone if the soldier was not buried there. Their records revealed another soldier was buried there but he never existed. So now we have a survivor on the tombstone, a claim of a non-existent soldier on record and my ggggrandfather which is buried there but I can not prove. There was a letter sent from Danville, Virginia to my gggrandfather of his burial in that grave. However, our log house burned along with the letter. The letter can not be proven as ever existing. So catch22. I have even dug through the journals of the man that sent the letter but there is no record of the letter nor a copy.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, I Really wish that by the Grace of God, Something will happen so you'll be able to see this thru....You've definitely earned that right.

I can't imagine the frustration that this has caused. No matter what, you or any family deserves the right to know definitively that their ancestor is buried where they are supposed to be.

You have my Best Wishes for success.

Kace

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The national cemetary scheduling office has the primary responsibility today for qualifying who is buried in national cemeteries.
Not sure who did back then.
A sexton is usually the one tasked with records. Yet , errors occur. And records disappear.
IF similar burial dates still have records , but one simply be missing , something fishy can be suspected.

Finding records that predate your interest in the site might reveal something different? Or back a claim. However lightly when disputing it against government $$ and legal teams. And ....
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/United_States_Military_Cemetery_Records

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
My G Grandfather was First Sergeant of the 10th New Jersey was part of the Union occupying force at Danville, Virginia from May to July 1865 before mustering out. He returned to Paterson, New Jersey where he bought a city block and constructed several brownstones for his extended family, some still standing today. The Union army did not pay that well, Just Sayin'.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
He returned home from the War with it, beyond that, I can speculate, but do not know for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions