Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, I'm all in ! I am with you all the way ! We can start in Danville and I'll dig at my site that should give us enough money to start! Send me a PM!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted for politics, no one reported any posts, if members want to post politics please do so on our politics forum. Recommend the animosity between a couple members end in your posts.

There was no politics in my post. Where and what were the politics in my post. I deserve a reply. Nothing in my post had any politics in it? Show it to me.

A thorough rebuttal of ECS's false claims in POST #39 above, was all that was in the post made by me. Show me different?

Best post made on Treasurenet in the past 10 years and you take it down.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve Berry has compiled tales of the KGC, lost Confederate Treasure, Hoot Owl "talking" trees and the meaning of their symbols, paycheck caches, sentinels, and the Peralta Stones in a Cotton Malone adventure novel, "THE LOST ORDER".
A good read with real historical references, with Berry's writer notes at the end, separating the fact from the fiction in his story.

PS: Steve Berry does acknowledge "SHADOW OF THE SENTINEL" by Warren Getler and Bob Brewer as his prime source of information concerning the symbols, caches, etc of the KGC.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post was deleted because of insult you made to ECS, if you have issue with moderation handle it via pm per our rules.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted for politics, no one reported any posts, if members want to post politics please do so on our politics forum. Recommend the animosity between a couple members end in your posts.

This was for you and ECS

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand. But why say a post was deleted for politics for us both and then say the post was deleted for an insult. Put the post back up and let the posters decide. Myself, I believe it was the best post on Treasurenet in the Last Ten Years.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderation is not done by consensus. If you want to repost post with out the insults you can, I am not editing posts, any post that contains politics, insults or attacks on members is deleted not edited, dont want post deleted post by our rules, leave insults and attacks out of post..

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I won't post at all.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems like the current social situation in the United States is ripe for a group like the K.G.C. to either reform or reemerge. What if a person or persons who had the same ideology and the same or similar goals as the K.G.C. were to successfully recover a massive K.G.C. depository containing billions of dollars in treasure? Could such a dream be reimagined and even achieved during times such as these? Just curious if anyone else had given it any thought. Another civil war could very well be possible. How could the wealth of such a depository tip the scales for the South? Just something interesting to think about.

Civil war today would be far more than a North South issue. If it were it would be a mad scramble with the dispersal of folks since the civil war. And would again result in mixed support based on more than geography of a family past or present. Undoing the cultural homogenization would be about as futile as stuffing toothpaste back in a tube. Unless you want to count only those who have never lived anywhere but below the Mason Dixon line , and have no relatives above it... Are there enough bodies to fight? Can they? Will they?
Some folks won't. For any amount of pay .

The era of a glorious dream for the South and the mission to keep it ,or reclaim it , is history.
Allegiances ,alliances ,potential further South of North America ambitions , all gone.
Lest you have contrary evidence.

Were K.G.C. still viable through active participation and traditional recruitment and funds recovered it would more likely result in a last hurrah cook out. Or three , before another civil war. Who would they be fighting , and for what?
Would they be willing to feed all the mouths that exist today in their realm during a war? Folks are much less self sufficient , and starving fellow supporting citizens are hard on moral. Even if they don't fight.

Were it (K.G.C.) still active , dues and donations of more than specie would still be being collected as all along. Choose a time and go forward enough and recoveries would not be needed. Would they after the past 150 years?

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Civil war today would be far more than a North South issue. If it were it would be a mad scramble with the dispersal of folks since the civil war. And would again result in mixed support based on more than geography of a family past or present. Undoing the cultural homogenization would be about as futile as stuffing toothpaste back in a tube. Unless you want to count only those who have never lived anywhere but below the Mason Dixon line , and have no relatives above it... Are there enough bodies to fight? Can they? Will they?
Some folks won't. For any amount of pay .

The era of a glorious dream for the South and the mission to keep it ,or reclaim it , is history.
Allegiances ,alliances ,potential further South of North America ambitions , all gone.
Lest you have contrary evidence.

Were K.G.C. still viable through active participation and traditional recruitment and funds recovered it would more likely result in a last hurrah cook out. Or three , before another civil war. Who would they be fighting , and for what?
Would they be willing to feed all the mouths that exist today in their realm during a war? Folks are much less self sufficient , and starving fellow supporting citizens are hard on moral. Even if they don't fight.

Were it (K.G.C.) still active , dues and donations of more than specie would still be being collected as all along. Choose a time and go forward enough and recoveries would not be needed. Would they after the past 150 years?

Well said.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should never been a civil war. Too many lives on both sides were lost and also homes and farms.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Response to # 35.
One needs to determine if these "treasures" actual really exist and not just based on the hopes of legend and lore and wishing tall tales are true before being counted in.
Many fortunes, large and even small, have been squandered chasing fairy tale treasure dreams.
The best one in Connecticut was a little old lady wrote a letter to a Hartford newspaper, stating that 13 wagon lost of gold coins borrow from France during the Rev. War that was rob at Bates Tavern, East Granby. France and our country did not had that much gold. The wagons had supplies and a few coins to buy supplies. The wagons went through to Boston. I had asked the son in law of William Bates if William believe the story and he info me that nobody in the family knew about the story until they read the letter in the paper. Lost Treasure mag. ran that story for over 20 years as many as four times a years. William was a story teller who loves to be interview by the hundreds seeking this treasure. There was also a book author, who also wrote lies about boys and a woman finding coins in a brook which also lies. There was no pictures of these so calls coins. I been a treasure hunter in Connecticut since 1964 after I left the Air Force.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Many of the treasure tales that appeared in those old treasure magazines were embellishments of of rumours, tall tales, legends, lore, and sometimes pure creative writing from the article authors imagination, which apply to the treasure stories of "secret" orders and organizations.
The first purpose of any "secret" society, be it the Templars, Freemasons, or KGC, is to keep all information of their affairs, SECRET from outsiders.
This secrecy leads to speculation of the mystery what is being protected and kept from view from the uninitiated.
So what is the source of these great treasure stories of the Templars and KGC that would be a highly guarded secret?
Are they fictional fantasy fables based on secondhand speculation passed on that become a "fact" unto itself?
Bob Brewer claims the source of his KGC knowledge of "talking" trees, treasure symbols and stone trail markers is from his family, being a descendant of a KGC Knight.
What of those who claim knowledge of these "secrets" who are NOT claimed descendants of Knights, what is the source of their information, and is it fact or fiction?

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Even with massive excavators that do the work of a hundred hardrock miners every minute, US-owned mines produce “only” a few hundred tons of bullion a year, and global output is around 2000 tons. Two-thirds of all the gold ever mined has been produced just in the last 50 years, all from giant pit mines that can be seen outer space.

Virtually every ancient culture around the world has left us artifacts of gold, proving a technology of precious metal-working. Yet when the Europeans and English arrived - they couldn’t find a single Native American interested in it or any examples of crafted gold in their possession, save the odd gold bead or trinket. Explorers in the Lake Michigan area discovered ancient copper mines which we now know were worked by the Mound Builders and there is so very little archaeological evidence they worked gold or silver either, even though there’s plenty of it commingled with copper. There’s folklore and legends of “mestizo” ranchers in the 17th century following their herds along the ranges of then Mexico now-Southwestern USA and finding “pastures of gold and silver”, ancient placer deposits so vast and rich they sparkled like the sea under the sun and moonlight. Makes me wonder if the Aztecs and Incans (or Who ?!) were plundering the easy pickings long before us.

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems like the current social situation in the United States is ripe for a group like the K.G.C. to either reform or reemerge. What if a person or persons who had the same ideology and the same or similar goals as the K.G.C. were to successfully recover a massive K.G.C. depository containing billions of dollars in treasure? Could such a dream be reimagined and even achieved during times such as these? Just curious if anyone else had given it any thought. Another civil war could very well be possible. How could the wealth of such a depository tip the scales for the South? Just something interesting to think about.

"Let us then unite our hands and our hearts.…We may well believe that before another summer solstice falls upon us, it will be the enemy who will be asking us for conferences."

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderation is not done by consensus. If you want to repost post with out the insults you can, I am not editing posts, any post that contains politics, insults or attacks on members is deleted not edited, dont want post deleted post by our rules, leave insults and attacks out of post..
I want to be a Moderator. How is the pay? Please sent me an application, also a second one for Tippy, my cat.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Let us then unite our hands and our hearts.…We may well believe that before another summer solstice falls upon us, it will be the enemy who will be asking us for conferences."

L.C. BAKER, I am glad someone sees through eyes of wisdom. I do too. Only I do not believe they are going to be asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions