Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Books about the Knights of the Golden Circle

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Kentucky Kache

Re: Books about the Knights of the Golden Circle

Quote Originally Posted by SWR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Kache
    The opinion of the court was delivered by: Clemens
    PER CURIAM: The foregoing opinion of Clemens, C., is adopted as the opinion of this court. Accordingly, the judgment is affirmed

In legal talk...that means Stella James won
    Of course it means she won. The court can't be wrong, even when they have an OPINION. There is only one meaning of that word.

Kentucky Kache

The opinion of the court was delivered by: Clemens
    PER CURIAM: The foregoing opinion of Clemens, C., is adopted as the opinion of this court. Accordingly, the judgment is affirmed

In legal talk...that means Stella James won
    Of course it means she won. The court can't be wrong, even when they have an OPINION. There is only one meaning of that word.
    You probably didn't notice this was from the Appeals Court. Turilli had already lost in the Circuit Court, and was appealing that ruling. The Appeals Court affirmed the ruling of the Circuit Court. She actually won twice. Clemens opinion is/was the Circuit Court was correct in its judgment.
    Not that Clemens was making an opinion about the content being correct or not.

Hopefully, I've explained in simple enough laymen terms

added:

This is a funny footnote...even you can see the humor in this one Larry

*fn2 In a decree that probably would have King Solomon's approval, Judge R. A. Breuer ruled from the bench: "This Court is called upon to change a man's name when there is nothing to change, because he has never changed it, and by law it has never been changed from Jesse James to anything else. If he isn't what he professes to be, then he is trying to perpetrate a fraud upon this Court. If he is Jesse James, what he claims to be, then my suggestion would be that he retreat to his rendevous and ask the good God above to forgive him so he may pass away in peace when his time comes to go."
    It's still an opinion, no matter what court it came from.

Who is Larry?

us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 250
    42 times

The fact remains that Turilli never paid Stella James $10,000 and she was advised not to push it too far. Why wasn't the court's opinion enforced and Turilli forced to pay? They didn't want to push their publicity stunt too far because, by doing so, the truth of what Turilli discovered would have been brought out and Stella "James" would have been proven to be Stella Bigelow.
    ~Texas Jay

Kentucky Kache

It's still an opinion, no matter what court it came from.

Who is Larry?
    Sure, it matters what Court it came from when debating legal issues.
    The fact that it was an opinion is what I'm referring to. THAT doesn't matter which court it came from.

I have a document. It's a dictionary.

Opinion: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.

us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    42 times

Yes, SWR, that is a "fact". And, yes, I do have the evidence proving it but since there is no "good faith" between you and me, I will leave it up to you to do your own research and locate it yourself, if you can.
    ~Texas Jay

us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    42 times

Here is another excellent and descriptive article that includes actual letters
    written by KGC leaders to the Editor of the Telegraph that document such things
    as Texas Castles, their members, and the KGC Lone Star Flag!

http://www.tshaonline.org/shqonline/...ol=065&pag=088

Another good article can be read here:

http://www.tshaonline.org/shqonline/...ol=070&pag=551

~Texas Jay
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

Kentucky Kache

Obviously it is not a legal dictionary, to which we are debating. Legal issues.

In law, an opinion (also consilia) is usually a written explanation by a judge or group of judges that accompanies an order or ruling in a case, laying out the rationale and legal principles for the ruling.

A statement that is prepared by a judge or court announcing the decision after a case is tried; includes a summary of the facts, a recitation of the applicable law and how it relates to the facts, the rationale supporting the decision, and a judgment; and is usually presented in writing, though occasionally an oral opinion is rendered.

Court opinions are the pronouncements of judges on the legal controversies that come before them. In a common-law system, court opinions constitute the law by which all controversies are settled. Attorneys analyze prior opinions on similar legal issues, attempting to draw parallels between their case and favorable court opinions and to distinguish unfavorable opinions. Judges study relevant opinions in rendering their decisions.

The majority of court opinions are not released for publication. Those that are released by the courts are collected in law books called reporters. Each state has at least one reporter that contains the opinions of its courts, and the nation has several reporters that contain the opinions of the federal courts.
    ...laying out the rationale and legal principles for the ruling.

...the rationale supporting the decision...

Isn't that pretty much what ANY opinion is? The only real difference is the courts are backed up by the law. Opinion mean only one thing.

Kentucky Kache

Obviously it is not a legal dictionary, to which we are debating. Legal issues.

In law, an opinion (also consilia) is usually a written explanation by a judge or group of judges that accompanies an order or ruling in a case, laying out the rationale and legal principles for the ruling.

A statement that is prepared by a judge or court announcing the decision after a case is tried; includes a summary of the facts, a recitation of the applicable law and how it relates to the facts, the rationale supporting the decision, and a judgment; and is usually presented in writing, though occasionally an oral opinion is rendered.

Court opinions are the pronouncements of judges on the legal controversies that come before them. In a common-law system, court opinions constitute the law by which all controversies are settled. Attorneys analyze prior opinions on similar legal issues, attempting to draw parallels between their case and favorable court opinions and to distinguish unfavorable opinions. Judges study relevant opinions in rendering their decisions.

The majority of court opinions are not released for publication. Those that are released by the courts are collected in law books called reporters. Each state has at least one reporter that contains the opinions of its courts, and the nation has several reporters that contain the opinions of the federal courts.
    ...laying out the rationale and legal principles for the ruling.

...the rationale supporting the decision...

Isn't that pretty much what ANY opinion is? The only real difference is the courts are backed up by the law. Opinion mean only one thing.
    Sup dude...Man on the Moon thread so bogged down you wanna argue legal terms in this thread?
    Running into trouble explaining again? Will you run away again like before?

us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    42 times

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jay
    Yes, SWR, that is a "fact". And, yes, I do have the evidence proving it but since there is no "good faith" between you and me, I will leave it up to you to do your own research and locate it yourself, if you can.
    ~Texas Jay
    As thought, Jay. Nothing supporting your "facts" but the desire to argue. Your refusal to support your claims only shows other readers how the "facts" you so boldly defend are fabricated. So be it.
    My refusal to support my facts to you only demonstrate that I don't believe you are trustworthy, nothing else. Every one of our 146 members of the Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group have ready access to the proof that Turilli did not give one dime to Stella Bigelow (aka Stella James). Now, SWR, if you don't have any relevant "Books about the KGC" to share with the readers of this thread, you are free to leave. Why don't you start your own thread on this forum? You can argue with yourself there all you want. All the blabbering you do on this forum and you have not contributed a single topic. Why is that?
    ~Texas Jay

Kentucky Kache

Sup dude...Man on the Moon thread so bogged down you wanna argue legal terms in this thread?
    Moon thread's doing okay. Just a couple there that reminds me of you when they run into trouble with their beliefs or explanations. Trot Trot Trot.

But this is another thread. Try staying on topic.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1157 times

I think we oughta have GOLDEN CIRCLE RESEARCH SOCIETY Chapters in each state where KGC activities has been "noted"/found. Bet Texas would be BIG... and where y'all
    are! "Google" GOLDEN CIRCLE RESEARCH SOCIETY

Knights of the Golden Circle

Jul 2009
    30 times

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC
    :coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D I think we oughta have GOLDEN CIRCLE RESEARCH SOCIETY Chapters in each state where KGC activities has been "noted"/found. Bet Texas would be BIG... and where y'all
    are! "Google" GOLDEN CIRCLE RESEARCH SOCIETY :icon_thumleft: ;D
    Jesse James' Hidden Treasure
    "By the time Jesse James was killed in 1882, he'd stolen over a million and a half dollars according to some estimates--gold, coins and cash that could be worth over $50 million today. History often paints James as a clever outlaw who stole money to finance a lavish criminal lifestyle, a man whose sixteen year long crime spree came to a dramatic halt in 1882 when a fellow gang member betrayed him and shot him dead in the back of the head. But now, a treasure hunt may reveal a totally new story. Was Jesse really stealing for himself, or was he actually secreting away large sums of wealth, in order to finance one of the most clandestine secret societies in American history? Follow a team of treasure hunters searching for where he stashed his riches... and a new truth about Jesse James. Their discoveries may not only re-write the history of why Jesse stole, it could also raise new questions about his death."
    Rating: TVPG
    Running Time: 120 minutes
    http://www.history.com/shows.do?acti...isodeId=502912

Monday, November 09 08:00 PM
    Tuesday, November 10 12:00 AM
    Saturday, November 14 05:00 PM

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Knight...Golden_Circle/
    Knights of the Golden Circle Archive and Research
    Sons of Liberty and the Order of American Knights

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1157 times

GOOD! You already have something, down in TEXAS. NOW, is the time, to get
    "out in the field(s)"!! ANOTHER "OITF" group is TEAM KGC "via" Floyd Mann; 65 + members in 27 +
    states; AKGCKNIGHT@AOL.COM for MORE info. CAMPING & "FELLOWSHIPPING"!!!
    8)

us
    Jul 2009
    Wise, VA
    1 times

Not a book about KCG per se, but a book by Dr. George W. L. Bickley online.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=7EH...age&q=&f=false

us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    42 times

Hi Rebel. My partner and I have already spent many hours "in the field" working at one of our probable sites in the past few weeks. The daytime temperatures are still in the 70s most days here in central Texas so we must use extreme care when working this site as the snakes are not sleepy yet. The other two sites are simply too dangerous to work at now because the snakes have too many places to hide from eyesight on these locations. I was in contact with Floyd Mann when we first started our work about four years ago but, at this point, we have worked too hard on these three sites to share their exact locations with anyone else. As you can imagine, Rebel, poisonous snakes are not the biggest of our concerns - claimjumpers are. We have permission to be on all of our spots but others are not as law-abiding as we are. I do suggest, however, that readers who want to take part in KGC professionally-managed treasure hunts and share in the finds, who don't have nearby prospective treasure sites of their own or who need professional assistance with prospective sites, that they get in touch with Floyd Mann or similar reputable KGC-hunting organizations. I believe Bob Brewer also has or had one such group too. I wholeheartedly endorse both of these men and the organizations they represent. With new information about the KGC coming out all the time, though, one should exercise extreme caution when dealing with anyone else at least until you learn something about them and are satisfied they are on the "up-and-up" because scammers will be flooding the market and will try to steal your information or potential sites from you. Once again, I recommend that everyone interested in pursuing KGC treasures read Bob Brewer's "Rebel Gold" BEFORE committing to do business with any KGC treasure hunting organization. If one is too lazy or uninterested to read this book, he/she can never expect to find a nickel's worth of KGC treasure.
    ~Texas Jay

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors