OMG ,I hope this is true

hoodoodave

Jun 15, 2008
Peach springs Arizona
Detector(s) used
Grarrett ace 350
I was talking to my neighbor a few minutes ago. We were talking about crime in this area and he said that jesse james was his great great great great grandfather. He said that he has one of jesses pistols and he has 4 OF JESSES DIARIES. He is a christan(an elder of his church) so I belive him. He told me jj was a member of the kgc. H

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
You had better watch out for those Christians......we are just as human as everybody else, LOL ;D

TW

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
He must be pretty young.I'm 73 and my g'g'grandfather was older than Jesse but knew him and frank well.In fact,they used his house as a safe house.Won't retell the whole history,it's posted on here somewhere,but to go to 4 g'grandfathers,is a long time ago.You may want to check this site out and you may have to register(free).

http://forums.prospero.com/jessejames/start

OP
OP
hoodoodave

hoodoodave

Jun 15, 2008
Peach springs Arizona
Detector(s) used
Grarrett ace 350
2 crimanls using a crimals house for a safe house?
He must be pretty young.I'm 73 and my g'g'grandfather was older than Jesse but knew him and frank well.In fact,they used his house as a safe house.Won't retell the whole history,it's posted on here somewhere,but to go to 4 g'grandfathers,is a long time ago.You may want to check this site out and you may have to register(free).

http://forums.prospero.com/jessejames/start
[/quote]

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
2 crimanls using a crimals house for a safe house?

Sorry,Solomon Reed was not a criminal.Where did you get that? All I said was that they were friends.My g'mother was the first person Cole Younger came to see when he returned from MN,she wasn't a criminal either. Just good ol' Southern Sympathisers.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
One of my Mom's relatives use to fix dinner for Jesse and his gang, when they were in the Ralston OK area.
Seems her and Jesse were more than just friends, they use to write each other.
Sure wish I had one of those letters!

TW

neo2868

Jun 25, 2006
Lakeland, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesero Tiger Shark
I grew up in a small town in Florida and two of my class mates names were Grey Younger and Stephen Younger, their great grandmother lived in Arkansas and died there, they showed me a news paper clipping of her funeral which stated both of Jesse James' guns were buried with her and that there was a six inch concrete slab placed over her grave to stop would be grave robbers. so as far as this man claiming to have one of his guns, I don't believe it because of the news paper clipping (I saw it with my own eyes) now as far as JJ being his grandfather or great grandfather or whatever I can't make any judgement on that, until I see the evidence proving or disproving the claim.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Frank & Jesse James...

:coffee2: :thumbsup: :tongue3: STARBUCKS! TW, you ever heard of the James boys (Frank & Jesse), having any "kin" in Bedford County, Va.? ??? :wink:

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Rebel,

No. I have not done any research on the James gang, outside of my area, sorry.

TW

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hoodoodave. I am replying hoping you can give us an update on the Jesse James diaries. Were you able to get them?
Thanks,
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery - we are currently researching Jesse W. James as well as all others connected to Bloody Bill Anderson.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Hoodoo: Glad you posted your chance conversation with the neighbor. Him being an
Elder makes what he told you appear more reliable than idle chatter. If you get
a chance ask him if he believes Bob Ford assasinated Jesse. lastleg

Inform

Greenie
May 3, 2009
Be careful what you believe...I have heard the same stories of 'kin' and safe houses before...seems that many people have heard from many people, that they are related to JJ or the like..stories passed down, and they all believe them. IF this were the case, and I'm not saying that your story is not correct, (you may actually have one of the true ones!) there are more 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation relatives to JJ than anybody else could possibly have! I have heard this story in my family also, just don't believe it, because kids believe the story they hear, grow up, pass it on...and then, it becomes factual family history. If you see and read and AUTHENTICATE the diaries, then you are on to something.

P

pippinwhitepaws

hood,
if the diaries mention the james trip up to north central new mexico... i am interested in any information on the meeting between the james and billy the kid. tales have it did not go well between them...no hostility, but big questions on just what occured.
thanks....hope you find treasures.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neo2868 said:
I grew up in a small town in Florida and two of my class mates names were Grey Younger and Stephen Younger, their great grandmother lived in Arkansas and died there, they showed me a news paper clipping of her funeral which stated both of Jesse James' guns were buried with her and that there was a six inch concrete slab placed over her grave to stop would be grave robbers. this man clso as far as aiming to have one of his guns, I don't believe it because of the news paper clipping (I saw it with my own eyes) now as far as JJ being his grandfather or great grandfather or whatever I can't make any judgement on that, until I see the evidence proving or disproving the claim.

Are you saying that you believe JJ had only 2 guns?? Interesting. I would believe that a well known outlaw would have as many guns with him as he could carry; or, perhaps replace old guns with newer, better ones at some point in his life. There could be any number of reasons for a person, constantly on the move, to lose or leave behind a weapon. I wouldn't dismiss the man's story without some far more solid information.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Just my opinion, but I would not doubt that JJ was buried(if you believe it was him. So many conspiracies, so little time) with a brace of pistols that were his main ones. Knowing that Jessie was ex Confederate Calvary, I doubt that his main brace were his only weapons. Most Confederate calvary starting with Forrest and heading west carried at least four and more likely six pistols so if you were in a fight you would not have to reload too soon. Also several pre loaded cylinders for these pistols, about 2 extra for each weapon if possible, were usually carried so time would not be wasted loading cylinders. Although later in his carrear Jessie went to cartridge type of pistols, I doubt the years of education received while fighting a war would so easily be discarded and I would bet Jessie carried several weapons during the latter part of his outlaw carrear. I am sure he carried several as long as he used black powder pistols. I personally do not feel that because he was buried with his brace, that other pistols do not exist. I feel there are many pistols that he must have used floating around out there, especially the earlier types that he would have stopped using as better firearm technology became available. Again, just my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread