Treasure tree

T

tongueincheek

Hey man I'm sorry for not replying to this earlier but I've been busy and haven't read this forum for months. (::)
Now if you will go about a half to three quarters of a mile north of this tree and keep the same distance from the river, you will find a large, not to fresh, hole has been dug near another Beech about the same size as the "kettle" tree. That hole is where $80 Gs gold was found some time ago. This treasure was buried by Albert Pike in 1861 just as he was leaving Arkansas to enlist the Indians in IT to side with the Confederacy. Pike buried $180 Gs along the Little Missouri near where he once lived. The first 100 thousand in gold was dug up around 1911 by some residents of a nearby community. If you would look sort of southeast of your tree about 100-150 yards you will find a really big hole about 100 years old, its on the east side on the old road near a smaller Beech with the words AC White on it and Dixie carved on its south face. This is where the first cache came out. Research this and you'll find I'm telling you like it is. You might ask some of the old treasure hunters around Mena, Arkansas about the second cache being found, when and by whom. Either way you might improve your KGC treasure skills when you find the smaller hole up nearer the falls on the river. Sorry I won't tell you what was buried next to the tree telling where the cache was buried. Since that gold is already spent you might want to look for another of Pike's caches some miles west on the Kiamichi River near where it crosses the AR-OK state line.

Good Hunting
tic

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
d2 said:
Alright guys and gals, put your thinking caps on and tell me what ya'll think. Do you reckin it is as self explanatory as it seems? What do all the lines mean and what is that down at the bottom? Also should I be walking 215 degrees untill I come across another sign or something out of place and then start walking east? What is the purpose of the lines?...d2
If someone mentioned this sorry I didn't read every ones post. If not I cant believe no one did. 215 degrees sw is not the same on a compass today as it was in 1863. If you start out at 215 sw today and it was 215 sw in the 1800's then your gonna travel off course. Even if its a small degree when your trying to pinpoint treasure a few yards can make a huge difference between finding a treasure or just scratching your head all day.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I'm still scratching my head about Albert burying all that gold, only to have it
found later which makes me want to scratch my subscription to "Treasure Myths
of the Century."

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so whats the deal here, was this just some old bull $h!t?? he never got back to anyone, seems to happen a lot. maybe got rich lol. carvings seem a bit fishy though. if anyone cares this much time later:

1) supposedly if KGC stuff is real - they re-use old spanish treasure sites. would not be the case on this tree, but could definitely use the word ORO for gold. enter the fishy part, pretty amazing if this is legit, ORO in a wash pot, with potential directions...

2) yes carvings will remain on beeches and oak trees for MANY years. 200 years maybe even if on certain old oaks... however significantly faded.

PoplarHill

Jan 20, 2014
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly right! There are lots of verifiable examples of Beech trees around Bankhead Forrest that were marked by the land surveyors during the 1840s through the 1880's and easily legible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread