Treasures of the Knights Templar - Conspiracy Theories!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
The discussion of what really happened to the Knights Templar and their wealth is a subject ripe for theories of conspiracies, secret agreements and alliances etc. Some folks do not like to discuss these theories at all, which is why I started this thread - for the express purpose of talking about the possibilities of conspiracies involving the Templars, the Vatican, the Portuguese crown, the founding of Switzerland, the Holy Grail and so on and NO theory is taboo.

So welcome amigos, let us discuss the various theories of the Templars, their wealth, Vatican involvement, the Swiss, the Cathars, etc. Indulge your pet theories!
Oroblanco

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Quite a mysterious figure, François Bérenger Saunière; where did he get his wealth? Was it simple old-fashioned fraud, as some have proposed? Was Sauniere a member of a religious order? I know he functioned as a "Free Priest" for some time, but what were his affiliations? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Its been too many years since i read about the Frenchman , what i do remember is it is a lot to do with clues hidden in various masterpieces.One painting in particular i believe is called blue apples , try typing that into google and strap yourself in for a heck of a read.
Inevitably it suggests the Holy Grail has a connection to all this and questions what the "Grail" actually is.Some say its a human head,where the traditional cup theory came from is evident but apparantly far off the mark.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
You have got me curious now - I will do as you suggest! Thank you for the tip, I hope you have a great evening,
Oroblanco

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Happy trails Oroblanco , i hope you enjoy the tale.Ill put some more pictures up in the meantime.I spent many years reading everything i could get my hands on about anything to do with Roslyn.Theres a lot out there.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Yes, very interesting stuff for sure. For hours of reading on the subject check these sites:

http://benhammott.com/index.html

http://andrewgough.co.uk/forum/

http://www.perillos.com/

(Don't say I didn't warn you lol)

While reading through these sites you will find yourself drawn in a myriad of different directions leadign to different sites all eventually leading back on themselves again. (Did that make sense?) Really mind boggelign stuff for sure.

I have spent quite some time studying this mystery (or more accurately several mysteries that have some really head scratching links tieing them all together)

This topic should get quite interesting soon...... can hardly wait. :tard:

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Ive had the same experience CT , all roads seem to cross,Roslyn was part of something much much bigger than a lonely little chapel in the glen.
Something not everybody considers is Roslyn castle was just a stones throw away , its in ruins now yet the chapel survived.

When Cromwell rampaged through Scotland destroying chapels he visited Roslyn , yet he spared Roslyn..why is a good question.
He did not show it any respect as he lodged his horses within the church as you would a stable but he did not destroy it as he was doing the other chapels far and wide.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Old Dog;
And I hope to have your full, unwavering support condemning these theories for what they are.
Your friend;
LAMAR

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Which one shall we look at first ? Feel free to discredit any of mine as all of it is well documented , cheers

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
HOLA amigos,
Pegleglooker - I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, I hope you are on the mend soon. Don't worry though, from the photos you have shown me I rather doubt that someone else is going to get those black crusted gold nuggets before you!

Wow a lot of interesting reading amigos, and quite complex entanglements. Working this out is not going to be a simple task!

Lamar wrote, <addressed to our amigo Old Dog>
Dear Old Dog;
And I hope to have your full, unwavering support condemning these theories for what they are.

Lamar you surprise me! I would have thought that the subject matter of this thread, being focused on the various theories involving the Templars would have been far too distasteful for you, with your preference to stick with the historical record alone. You are certainly welcome to join us, but I am also somewhat surprised at your apparent readiness to condemn any and all theories even before they have been presented and examined. I cannot believe this habit of pre-judgement to be a practice the Vatican would much approve of, thank goodness. Even if all of the theories prove to be pure fiction, they are certainly interesting and have some value as entertainment. After all, such theories have in fact sold many millions of books!

Lamar also wrote
Dear group;
It seems that everything has been revealed!!!
http://www.benhammott.com/
I guess that means that we can all go home now...

As I mentioned above, such theories do sell books! I must respectfully disagree with your (foregone) conclusion amigo, we ought not simply "go home" at this point - I rather think we have just begun to scratch the surface! Do you not also seek the truth my friend Lamar, regardless of what that truth may prove to be? Is it not always wiser and more profitable to hear out the cases, examine the evidences etc before we make our judgements? Your bias to condemn all Templar theories could color your judgement in a negative way. Would it be better if some evil deed were to escape our notice and fail to be condemned? If some accused misdeed(s) do prove to be all too true, is it not better to shine the light of knowledge onto them thus enabling us to profit by those errors, at a minimum to be able not to repeat those errors? "He who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it." If all the theories prove to be false, we will all profit by proving it so. Healthy skepticism is good, but do please try to keep an open mind? Sometimes a great evil hides behind the good.

Please do continue amigos, let us examine the various theories and see where the truth lies. The Templars are not my "area of expertise" and I have no theory(or theories) to present, so am keeping an open mind to hear the evidence.

your friend,
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Oroblanco;
You stated:
Lamar you surprise me! I would have thought that the subject matter of this thread, being focused on the various theories involving the Templars would have been far too distasteful for you, with your preference to stick with the historical record alone. You are certainly welcome to join us, but I am also somewhat surprised at your apparent readiness to condemn any and all theories even before they have been presented and examined. I cannot believe this habit of pre-judgement to be a practice the Vatican would much approve of, thank goodness. Even if all of the theories prove to be pure fiction, they are certainly interesting and have some value as entertainment. After all, such theories have in fact sold many millions of books!

It's simply what I do, my friend. Someone proposes a theory and I shoot it down. Somebody else proposes another theory and I shoot that one down. I consider myself to be a Anti-Theory Gunner, much like an anti-aircraft gunner. There may be some things that you have failed to realize, to whit, practically all of these conspiracy theories have already been examined in depth and they ALL have numerous flaws in them.

For instance, I can state that Roslyn Chapel was not built until 150 years after the Templars were disolved and before you know it someone will pipe up with "But the current Roslyn Chapel is the THIRD chapel." This is quite true, however, once again there is MORE to the story than just that. The second Chapel was destroyed before the Templars even came into existence so THAT theory gets shot down in flames as well.

And before long someone will chime in with something like "But just LOOK at those Templar carvings in the tower at Chateau Chinon! That PROVES the Templars had a secret form of writing!" And, of course, that proves nothing, because Chateau Chinon housed prisoners of all makes, models, shapes, and sizes from the mid 1500s until the early 1700s and any one of those prisoners could have scratched those symbols on the walls.

And then we will read about some so-called *lines* which seem to be a complex set of lines which run throughout Europe and connect various buildings and castles together which is so complicated that it would have taken a mathematics professor from MIT to have developed, yet some seem to think that a few 12th century monks were entirely capable of the task.

And on and on, my friend. What I am stating is that I am only willing to shoot down these theories so handily because they have already been shot down, time and again. I feel that it's time for some new theories, so we can try and shoot them down! And perhaps, maybe one day there will arise a theory which we can not shoot down.....
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
HOLA amigos,
Lamar wrote
And perhaps, maybe one day there will arise a theory which we can not shoot down.....

Hmm well some ideas are starting to formulate, I can tell you that! :thumbsup: :icon_jokercolor:
Oroblanco

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ola Oro,
I feeling better thankx to my medications....

dayquill.jpg
morgan2.jpg

THANKX for asking... :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

I do have some questions for Lamar though. You see I'm confused, if I entered into my research with the same mindset that you have, I'm not sure I would be able to find the truth. I do not enter any research with a preconceived conclusion. I run down every lead not matter how small, even if I don't necessarily agree. When searching the Lost Pegleg I have heard a ton of different and sometimes " wild " ideas. But I still went down every path with eyes open because you just never know. I am also confused because, you have a wealth of knowledge at you fingertips and yet your comments " seem " to be very one sided and actually quite narrow. It seems that most people here are asking for your " expertise ", and yet you deny them. In most situations like this, people have a tendency to think that their might be some...... falsehoods ???
Unless their is some "under penalty of death " clause, I think most people here are just asking..... Why ?? I would like to encourage you to be a bit more "open ". You just never know where you might end up.... and you just might be surprised !!!!!!

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread