My abbreviated theory for the Knights Templar treasure in Nova Scotia

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...and when do you premise the these intrepid Templars made their alleged voyage to Nova Scotia- The 14th century.
"nuff said. :laughing7:

Lets figure this out slowly now. The word Ocean was used in the 14th century, but we don't know exactly the year of the 14th century or where or in what context. An English Templar on trial in Scotland in 1309 by order of an English King issued the statement " fled across the sea" and you think he should have used the word "ocean" instead of "sea".

I will admit that he could have meant any large body of water surrounding the Islands, but again, why would anyone escaping from the authority of the Pope flee to a country where the Pope held that authority when they could simply walk North a few miles from Edinburgh, further into Scotland where they would be safe.:thumbsup:
Remember, no Templar was ever arrested by Scottish authorities!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
And, my friend Loki, that proves absolutely nothing at all concerning to where all these Templars fled, now does it.
Just more conjecture without supporting documentation on how many "fled across the sea" or to where and whence these brave runaway Templars fled.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Knight's even made trips to Onteria (Nova Scotia) in the 12th Century.

What is the documented source for this alleged voyage in the 1100's?
Do you refer to Ralph de Sudeley, who was a Crusader but NOT a Templar, who created a museum containing items from the Holy Land on his estate, charged admission and sold pieces of the "True Cross" to pilgrims?
When de Sudeley wasn't selling "religious relics" to his visitors, he recruited knights for King Richard I's Crusade.

Remember: "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I have only taken the Templar treasures to Acadia or Vinland and not fully to Nova Scotia or Oak Island.
Although I have shown that the Shugborough Code does indicate Oak Island.
Actually my premises have a small Templar fleet landing in the vicinity of Oak Island in 1308, Within the next year they had built a small fortress at New Ross (Charing Cross as it was also called).
Here they kept whatever treasures they had left France and Scotland with plus the Sangreal, known to us as the Holy Grail...

I believe ,Loki, this is where I got the idea in my head that you stated that the Templars buried treasure on Oak Island, :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And, my friend Loki, that proves absolutely nothing at all concerning to where all these Templars fled, now does it.
Just more conjecture without supporting documentation on how many "fled across the sea" or to where and whence these brave runaway Templars fled.

Sure it does as I wrote in the post you are replying to, they would not have fled across any sea that would take them to anyplace where they would have certainly been arrested, right? In Scotland anywhere North of Edinburgh in 1309 they would have been safe for the time being as that was out of reach of the English King, right? But some fled across the sea! and my last post I am referencing shows it was probably the Atlantic.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Probably the Atlantic" is not a statement of solid proof, Loki.
You are aware that almost all legitimate and lettered academic historical scholars do not support this pop history of the Templars sailing to Nova Scotia and Oak Island and dismiss it as pseudo history promoted by unqualified self claimed quasi historians.
Why do you think real actual historians dismiss these Templar voyages to North America as pure nonsense?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Probably the Atlantic" is not a statement of solid proof, Loki.
You are aware that almost all legitimate and lettered academic historical scholars do not support this pop history of the Templars sailing to Nova Scotia and Oak Island and dismiss it as pseudo history promoted by unqualified self claimed quasi historians.
Why do you think real acutual historians dismiss these Templar voyages to North America as pure nonsense?

I know that its not solid proof, which is why I wrote that all the information we have on fleeing Templars is conjecture, but, I think my premise has more merit than the others. Except that it still doesn't answer where most went as I only premise a small number sailing to Nova Scotia.

Where do you think some 3,000 Templar's went after or just before 1307? I do know none would have run from Scotland to England or France.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok... ready for this ?

A theory of Oak Island.

The island was a massive attempt at basically a "desalination plant"...

A structure built and intended to produce fresh water from salt water.

Basically nothing more than an attempt at a manmade freshwater "well"... fed by the sea... fiber's and tiers acting as a "filter".

I wonder...

Am I the only one here that ever thought this could be a possibility... ? .... as far fetched as it may sound.

:)

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok... ready for this ?

A theory of Oak Island.

The island was a massive attempt at basically a "desalination plant"...

A structure built and intended to produce fresh water from salt water.

Basically nothing more than an attempt at a manmade freshwater "well"... fed by the sea... fiber's and tiers acting as a "filter".

I wonder...

Am I the only one here that ever thought this could be a possibility... ? .... as far fetched as it may sound.

:)

No, you are not the only one. That came up 10 years ago on the old UK Oak Island Forum, and it was debated with quite a few accepting the possibility. I think I have seen it here once or twice also.

Not far fetched at all.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Where do you think some 3,000 Templar's went after or just before 1307? I do know none would have run from Scotland to England or France.
The fact that the 3000 number is questionable as to being accurate and the fact that NOT ALL members of the Templar Order were warrior knights has already been addressed, the question still stands from POST# 348:
"Why do you think real actual historians dismiss these Templar voyages to North America as pure nonsense"?

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The fact that the 3000 number is questionable as to being accurate and the fact that NOT ALL members of the Templar Order were warrior knights has already been addressed, the question still stands from POST# 348:
"Why do you think real actual historians dismiss these Templar voyages to North America as pure nonsense"?

I don't think they all dismiss them as pure nonsense, or maybe you have quotes that they do. I know I have quotes that they don't. Most simply write that there is no evidence of which I almost agree. There isn't until you look for it, and maybe you think 3,000 is questionable but some historians don't. If not 3,000, how many, 2,500; 2,000; how many were in England? Scotland? Ireland? France? still in Cyprus? We do know some escaped to Portugal, how many, how many actually stayed is Scotland? If you have all the answers lets hear them because I know I don't. I'm only talking about a small number, enough to man some three ships.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think they all dismiss them as pure nonsense, or maybe you have quotes that they do.
I know I have quotes that they don't...
Why don't you post some of these quotes and list their credentials as I have on several threads.
*NOTE* Henry Lincoln is NOT an actual historian, and neither is Dan Brown.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why don't you posts some of these quotes and list their credentials as I have on several threads.
*NOTE* Henry Lincoln is NOT an actual historian, and neither is Dan Brown.

Your the one that made the statement so go for it, which historians write a Templar voyage to North America is pure nonsense and I will post some that didn't make that statement. Oh, and btw, neither Dan Brown or Henry Lincoln made a quote either way.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As you told me on another thread, I have enumerated these many times on several threads, so follow your own advice, Loki my friend, and "all you got to do is look it back up". :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess thats what you do if your losing a debate?
Not a debate, Loki my friend, but a civil discussion separating the misinformation of supposition and speculation of dressed up legend and lore presented as fabricated fact from actual real researched documented fact.
As for losing...? What is that all about?

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a debate, but a civil discussion separating the misinformation of supposition and speculation of dressed up legend and lore presented as fabricated fact from actual real researched documented fact.
As for losing...? What is that all about?

Much of what I post is not proven fact but is all verifiably possible and will (in my own opinion) become an accepted version of events concerning a small group of Templar Knights in the near future.
As for losing,
Fact; I have shown that no Templars were arrested by Scotland's authorities, which shows that the order could have continued in that Country and that Knights from France could well have escaped to there, contrary to your own argument.
Fact; I have shown that they had enough vessels at La Rochelle (a port they basically owned) to accomplish all of my premise's, contrary to your own argument.
Btw, I also have a drawing of a late 13th century Venetian galley with sails and rounded hull well suited to ocean travel and proof the Templars bought five Venetian vessels in the 1290s that will prove another of our contentions.
Fact; I have shown that the statement "fled across the sea" could very well have meant "fled across the Atlantic", contrary to your own argument.
Your argument has always been "they couldn't have" mine has always been "sure they could have" but when you are losing you change your argument to "there is no proof" of which I have to agree but in the meantime I am proving "they could have"!
Do you understand this?
I can post more when I have more time!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that its not solid proof, which is why I wrote that all the information we have on fleeing Templars is conjecture, but, I think my premise has more merit than the others.
Except that it still doesn't answer where most went as I only premise a small number sailing to Nova Scotia.
While you are conjecturing and not claiming solid proof, why would the Templars sail to Nova Scotia and not Newfoundland or further south along the Eastern seaboard?
The same can be questioned concerning Henry Sinclair?
Those who allege that Ralph se Sudeley made the voyage across the Atlantic arrived somewhere along the New York coastline and maybe up the Hudson River. Why didn't he land at that hot resort spot of Nova Scotia?
All these pseudo books of speculation never really explain the why or reason for the chosen destination.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread