My abbreviated theory for the Knights Templar treasure in Nova Scotia

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My purpose with providing this theory is to garner support (not funds) for investigating the actual location of this treasure. A site that I have already recently visited. I don't believe this violates the rules of the forum, but will stand down if asked to by the forum moderators. While starting at what I call the beginning, I will add more information as time permits.

Part I,
Troyes France 1099: The Holy Land (Palestine) had just been won through the results of the 1st Crusade, and in Troyes The Count of Champagne, Hugh I, who preferred the Title Count of Troyes kept a keen eye to the events unfolding there. He had already heard from the local Rabbi called Rashi about the Ark of the Covenant which had been hidden below the first Temple built by Solomon. It is well known that most Rabbis of the period felt that the Ark was indeed in caverns below the Old Temple.
At the same time it was also well known that the Church was on the hunt for religious relics that could help prove the story of Christianity to their congregations.
Rashi was very famous in Troyes in the very early 12th century as well as in the Court of Champagne located in Troyes. Evidently using information learned from Rashi (who died in 1105) Count Hugh and his Vassel Hughes de Payens went to the Holy Land in 1104. Returning to Troyes in 1108 the two men then founded an order of Knights called "La Milice of Christ", which had as its main objective to uncover religious relics from the area of the Old Temple of Solomon, at this time the location of the Dome of the Rock.
In about 1113 a little known monk named Bernard along with some thirty men from Burgundy (mostly his own relatives) joined the new Cistercian Order at Citeaux Abbey near Dijon. In 1115 Bernard received donated lands from Hugh I for a new abbey at Claire Vallee, or Clairvaux, near Troyes and from then on he is to be known as Bernard of Clairvaux. From this point on Bernard becomes the main campaigner for the, La Milice of Christ.
By 1118 this new supposed military order has nine members, all relatives of Count Hugh and or Hughes de Payens and has adopted the official name of "The Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon", or more simply "Knights Templar" with de Payens as its first Grand Master. As they have been for a few years already this group of Knights continues to excavate under the Temple area and also throughout Jerusalem for highly sought after Christian religious objects. Although we only have the names of eight of these first Templars, it is almost certain that Count Hugh is the ninth member but remains unnamed as such.
This excavation being undertaken at the old Temple Mount is well documented, but what was actually found there (if anything) is open to much conjecture.
It is my opinion that if anything had been found that would help to prove the position and doctrine of the Church it would have been immediately turned over by this staunch Catholic Order.
But what if they had found something from the still existing Christian Church of Jerusalem, the Church that was originally headed by the brother of Jesus, James, that they believed went against the then current orthodoxy?
It is certain whatever it was would be taken back to Troyes and for at least the near future been housed at The Court Of Champagne.
From this humble beginning the Knights Templar Order blossoms into a powerful military organization and begins to actually carry out the original stated purpose of their mission, the protection of pilgrims visiting the Holy Land. Also becoming at the same time very wealthy, a trend that would continue for most of the rest of their existence.
In Troyes a few years later a story is told of brave Knights searching for an object eventually referred to as "The Holy Grail".
In 1181 Chretien de Troyes (Chretien of Troyes), a poet who served his patron Marie, Countess of Champagne, was requested by her to write a romance, concerning a sacred object called the "Grail" with brave Knights searching for it, a romance he called "Perceval, the story of the Grail". Although unfinished by Chretien, another did complete the story, Robert de Boron. de Boron connected this Grail to the Christian story calling it "The Holy Grail" and identified the Knights as Templars. It is for certain that in this part of the story, what I call the Troyes connection cannot be overestimated. de Boron, also mentioned a Grail mountain where the Holy Grail was hidden called, "Montsalvat", an obvious connection to a Mountain in the Languedoc area of France named Montsegur, As discussed by the man many call the original Indiana Jones, Otto Rahn. Rahn believed that the Holy Grail had been hid in the Sacred mountain by the Cathar's in the early 13th century. I will discuss both Rahn and the Cathar's relations to my theory a little later. End of part I

cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Part II,

As the Templars became a more militant force they also began to acquire sea going vessels or galleys. From about the middle of the 11 hundreds until 1293 there is documentation that they continually added to their fleet through purchases or by building their own vessels. Most of these would have been of Venetian design, as that type is mentioned many times. "In 1293 they had bought 6 Venetian ships to add to those that in 1300 made a number of raids on the coast of Egypt and Syria, and in November of that year, transported a force of 600 knights to Ruad as a base for an assault on Tortosa" paraphrased from Piers Paul Read's "The Templars".
In 1300 the Templars had ports at Cyprus (after the fall of Acre, their Eastern Headquarters) Marseille, France ( where they were not very welcome), and at La Rochelle, France.
At La Rochelle, a port that they had been given control of through an 1139 Charter by Eleanor of Aquitaine, "Queen of France" they enjoyed a very lucrative wine trade. Evidently this trade extended al the way to Briton as they also had a license to operate commercial shipping operations to that country.
In the Templars Paris Headquarters, "Temple Villeneuve", they kept most of their wealth, but on Cyprus, the Eastern Headquarters, they also had a great amount of acquired treasure.
They had received, through donations, large amounts of lands and houses throughout Europe, mostly in France, but even in faraway Scotland there were some 100 separate Templar properties.
As the Templars were building this vast treasure, at the same time a religious group was gathering members in the area around Toulouse, now the Languedoc of Southern France.
Today, they are called the Cathars, a name given to them by their adversaries, the hierarchy of the Roman Church. But in the 12th century they were befriended by the local Catholic Congregations, so much so in fact that in the Crusade that shortly followed in 1209 many Catholics died trying to protect them. Evidently their form of religion did not offend the average Catholic, which makes one wonder why the Church itself thought it necessary to completely wipe out what they called the great heresy.
The last stand of the Cathars was at the mountain pog of Montsegur, where on March 16, 1244, many of the surrendering defenders were burnt in a funeral pyre. Two days prior to this event and according to German author Otto Rahn's 1939 book "Crusade Against the Grail", 4 knights descended the steep cliffs of Montsegur on ropes and carried away a great secret. Rahn also claimed that the Grail itself was hidden in the mountain.
Although there is no evidence the Templars fought on either side during this conflict, there is evidence that they did exist alongside, befriended and had relatives within the heretics following.
Legends tell us, as did the earlier Grail romances that the Cathars held the secret of the Grail and after Montsegur in 1244, it had come into the possession of the Templars.
By the end of the 13th century the Knights Templar had become one of the wealthiest organizations in Europe and, as I premise they held documentation as to the secret of the Holy Grail as well as the Grail itself.
In late 1306 Pope Clement V (a pawn of the King of France, Philip IV), ordered the then Grand Master of the Templars, Jacques de Molay, who at the time was at the Cyprus Headquarters, to come back to France "without delay" and not to bring any Knights with him as he already had many in France. The alleged purpose of this visit was to make plans for a new crusade in the Holy Land, but in reality it was part of a plan of Philips to arrest all the Templars in France and end the existence of the order entirely, with the extended purpose of acquiring their immense wealth held in Temple Villeneuve.
But de Molay knew of the plan, the Templars had friends and allies throughout France, in the Church and even in the Court of Philip himself.
In early 1307 the Grand Master left Cyprus bound for France with (according to Templar historian Charles Addison) 60 Knights, 150,000 florins of gold and a great amount of silver and other treasures, The 60 Knights directly a violation of Clements order.
With each Templar Knight known to own at least three horses and having also at least one squire with a horse, as well as the sailors and equipment and the Grand Master with his own entourage, it must have quite an impressive scene.
With the meeting to have been held in Poitiers, it would have been beneficial for the small fleet (I premise 10 vessels) to sail around the Iberian peninsula and land at the Templar controlled port of La Rochelle.
In early September of 1307, Philip issued a secret order for the arrest of all Templars in France to be carried out of October 13, 1307. This order was sent to all of the sheriffs in France, and again there is no way de Molay could not have received word of this event.
It is doubtful he would have even unloaded the ships at La Rochelle knowing that they would soon have to make an escape.
The end part II
Thanks for the like mdog, at least I know somebody is reading this. cheers, Loki
cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Part III

This from "The Knights Templar in Britain" by Evelyn Lord, pg 120 "Their main fleet was in La Rochelle, and it was this fleet, berthed away from the theatre of war, that was part of the maritime network linking the order in the British Isles, with the continent."

With the some 10 vessels I premised recently arriving from Cyprus it would be easy to accept the possibility of 18 ships docked at La Rochelle in early September of 1307.
What is called a rumor by detractors of the story from "Holy Blood Holy Grail" of 18 ships leaving La Rochelle, is much more than merely a rumor. It is actually part of a statement made by Jean de Chalons, preceptor of the Temple commandery in Namur during the investigation into Templar activities in Poitou.
de Chalons testimony, now in the archives of the Vatican, "The leaders of the order, expecting the trouble, have fled, and he himself met the brother Gerard de Villiers [Master of France], who had 50 horses with him, and heard people talking that [Gerard] put to sea with 18 galleys and the brother Hughes de Pairaud." To the question, how he managed to keep this secret for so long, he answered, "nobody for anything in the world would dare to reveal it...for if the order's officials would have found out that somebody had let out the secret he would have been killed straight away."
According to a report by Templar Historian Edward Zaborovsky, there were at least 12 very important escapees wanted by the French Crown, one of these men Gerard de Villiers (The Master of France, and many believe the new Grand Master of the Order)was never seen or heard from again. We also discover an inner secret order that should not be a surprise as all orders seem to have an inner circle. In citing a document in the Vatican Archives, Zaborovsky writes, "The brother Hugues de Chalon, the nephew of the visiter and brother of Gerard de Montclair, warriors of the Order of the Sect of the Temple, together with some accomplices from the same sect planned to kill the King." And we also know that during the burning of Jacques de Molay in 1314, he called upon the King and the Pope to both follow him in death within the year. This did happen which leads us to believe the Inner Sect of the Temple was alive and well.
Zaborovsky also writes that any of those who wanted to escape had every opportunity to do so, telling us that at least 2500 French Knights were unaccounted for.
The 18 or so vessels alleged to be at La Rochelle left port with evidently the Templar treasure from Cyprus as well as those treasures held in Paris, sometime in September of 1307 never to be heard from again.
18 vessels, where did they go? There have been many theory's, turning to piracy being one of them, but it is widely understood that many went to Portugal. In Portugal, King Diniz, rather than arrest or prosecute the Templars, reconstituted them into a new order called "The Order of Christ". Any escaping France Templars were warmly welcomed into the order.
History tells us that the Order of Christ was involved in seafaring activities even to the founding of the famed navigators school at Sagres by the then Grand Master of the Order, Prince Henry the Navigator. This Order of Christ is also known to have financed the first great wave of Portuguese seagoing explorations. As a matter of fact, the legendary Portuguese explorer, Vasco de Gama was actually a member of the Order of Christ.
But what of the legends of some Templars escaping to Scotland? At the time it was relatively safe from the arm of the Church and the French King, and there were many Templar holdings already there. In Scotland only two Templars were ever arrested, and those by English authorities who in 1309 had control of a small portion of Scotland which included Holyrood Abbey, where the trials took place.
There was also a small abbey in the western highlands that was built in the mid-13th century for a Cistercian style order, remember the Templars themselves were basically Cistercian. Called the Valliscaulians, (latin for "The Valley Fold) the abbey itself was called the Ardchattan Priory. With the events concerning the arrests of the order happening in late 1307, it is doubtful if any news of this could have reached Ardchattan until the spring of 1308.
End of part III

cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Part IV

There is some evidence of a Templar presence in the Western Highlands of Scotland in about 1308. Robert the Bruce while preparing to rid Scotland of the English had a secret meeting at the small Abbey of Ardchattan in early 1308. It is said he met with a leader of one of the Western Clans, but being secret nobody knows for sure. I premise he had met with a group of Templars who had wintered at Ardchattan, more that likely to discover their intentions. At the same time a few English and Scottish Knights in the know (of the inner circle) would have shown up at the Priory.
One of the more famous photos in the Jesus, Mary Magdalene, bloodline theory is of a stained glass window in a small church on the Isle of Mull, very near to Ardchattan Priory. A photo that obviously shows a very pregnant Mary Magdalene walking hand in hand with Jesus.
There are also carved stone graveslabs in the Western Highlands that some believe represent Templar Knights. This is questioned by many detractors, who claim they only represent local Scottish Knights. Of course this may be true in part, but I have seen most of them and a few must be questioned. And one fact that gets overlooked is that they do represent an immediate change in the type and quality of the actual carvings that occurred in the very early 12th century in this area of Scotland. In other words, it seems that better qualified stone carvers showed up in the Western Highlands at the beginning of the 1300s.
There was quite a bit of Norse descent (DNA) in this part of Scotland, even within the Clan Leaders themselves. The area had been under Norse control only a few decades earlier and in 1308 they were still making a few voyages to the Greenland Settlements. My premise includes a Norse (Viking), Templar, connection at various times between the acquiring of their first houses until the Orders vessels arrived at Ardchattan. A connection that resulted in the knowledge of a water route to the Vikings Vinland. A map that today could have been drawn on a bar napkin.
With knowledge of a new navigation tool not available to the Vikings, the cross staff, giving them the ability to determine latitude accurately they would, in my opinion, have left for Vinland in early summer of 1308. The ships were already some 14 years old and the longer they would wait the older they would get, and there was also the possibility of discovery by English or even French authorities.
The routes the Norse had used for some three centuries contained no over water legs of longer then around 250 miles, even to the settlement on Newfoundland.
During the heyday of these legends detractors have always maintained that Templar vessels could not have made these voyages as they couldn't carry enough water and the vessels themselves could not take the rough seas of the Atlantic. But with only 250 mile legs, I posit water would not be a problem and their seaworthiness had already been well proven after years in the Mediterranean.
Certainly the Vikings had made this same voyage in vessels even smaller then the Templar galleys 300 years earlier.

(Vinland, blue apples) cheers, Loki

Last edited:

jrobert

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2015
S/W Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating the way you have put so many of the pieces together of this epic story. I have been reading/studying re ; The Knights Templar for many years. I have visited France on many occasions, and have stayed in La Rochelle, where my ancestors lived before they moved to New France in 1660. The relationship with the Cathars, Henry Sinclair and his voyage to what is now Nova Scotia is surely true. I now live in Nova Scotia, not that far from New Ross, and therefore Oak Island. I continue to be fascinated by this history and therefore very interested in the New Ross/ Oak Island connections......I would love to visit the sights in New Ross with the possible Templar connections. Any suggestions as to I should contact before going? Do you prefer I contact you thru e-mail ?

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Shepherdess Parchment is actually a decoded message from one of the Parchments allegedly discovered by Father Sauniere at Rennes le Chateau in the late 19th century. The original text, a scripture "John, 12: 1-7" from the Latin Vulgate, was on one side of the Parchment with the other side having a different text. These texts have only been seen by the general public in the form of copies in a book called in english, "The Gold of Rennes", and the originals IMHO are now in a bank vault in Charring Cross, London (long story).
The decoding was a long and complicated process which could only have been accomplished by someone who knew the encoding process. But when decoded into the famed Shepherdess Parchment it was noted that it became an anagram of the message on a tombstone in the cemetery at Rennes le Chateau. This tombstone message, which contains obviously purposeful errors needed to make the anagram work, was witnessed and recorded by a team from a historical organization in 1905 of which I received a copy by writing to the same organization. In the opinion of many of the Rennes's researcher's (myself included), this decoded message gives the clues to the current resting place of the Holy Grail.

Shepherdess Parchment message, as translated from the French.

"Shepherdess no temptation that poussin teniers hold the key PAX 681 by the cross and this horse of god I finish off this guardian daemon at midday blue apples"

It is usually assumed that the first 9 words tell us two famous 17th century artists, Nicolas Poussin and David Teniers have hidden a key to this puzzle in a couple of paintings, but which ones? As David Teniers painted many works with the theme "The temptation of St. Anthony" many think we should look for one not of that theme (no temptation). But that is not what the clue is saying, it is "Shepherdess no temptation". Poussin created two paintings of "Shepherds in Arcadia" both included a Shepherdess and several Shepherds mulling over a tomb with the carved message "et in arcadia ego" (also in Arcadia I). In the first c.1625, the shepherdess is dressed quite provocatively in the second c.1630s, she is not, or there is no "temptation". IMHO, we should look at the latter. One thing that stands out in the later work is that not only are the figures mulling over the carved message, but they are looking at a single letter being pointed out by one of the shepherds. If studied in a closeup it can be seen that his index finger is directly on the letter "R" in Arcadia. IMHO, he is telling us the "R" should not be there making the word "Acadia". Too simple a solution? This object and whatever is with it were not hidden with the idea of being recovered by the same persons (that would only require a simple map), but were hidden to be rediscovered in a later and safer time. It should be remembered that in 1630, Acadia or New France would have been one of most discussed topics in France.

Next, David Teniers. Of course now the question is which David Teniers, and to complicate matters there were 4 generations of David Teniers' from D.T. the elder to D.T. the younger, a Grandson and a Great Grandson all painters of talent with the same name. Perhaps we can find a clue to the correct painting and specific person within the next section of the Shepherdess Parchment "PAX 681 by the cross and this horse of god". The first three, PAX, 681 and cross, among other things all describe a certain type of cross with a right angle. IMHO, "this horse of god", is the clue to the correct Teniers painting. All we should have to do is find a David Teniers work in which we can find something represented we can call "The Horse of God".
The correct version which did hang in the Louvre (as did the correct Poussin), can be found by googling this site: La tentation de saint Antoine; petite version by Teniers
If you can spot the Horse of God standing behind St. Anthony you are halfway there!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

AOTC

Greenie
Jul 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loki,
I take it that you are referring to the Marie dHautepoul tombstone which I have been working on over the past few months.I have found that the part with the date of her death gives a location in Acadia but with not speaking French have had some difficulty with the script,was the decoding of the tombstone as you have shown it "Shepherdess etc" or did it say something independent of the parchment.

Dave

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki,
I take it that you are referring to the Marie dHautepoul tombstone which I have been working on over the past few months.I have found that the part with the date of her death gives a location in Acadia but with not speaking French have had some difficulty with the script,was the decoding of the tombstone as you have shown it "Shepherdess etc" or did it say something independent of the parchment.

Dave

Hi Dave,
The message on the tombstone was completely different from the decoded message of the parchment, but the 128 letters were the same in both.
The tombstone itself is also missing, but as I said there is a documented 1905 description of it by Elie Tisseyre of which I have a copy sent to me by the "Societe' d' etudes scientifiques de l' Aude" for whom Tisseyre was representing.
Important to note is that the obvious errors in the tombstone message were used to make the anagram work. This of course proves an earlier then 1905 date for the creation of the shepherdess parchment message. More than likely the date of its inception is the year of the death of Marie de Negre d'Ables (1781), the name featured on the tombstone. Marie was a Hautpoul, a name much associated with the earlier Cathars of the area and also in some of the missing genealogy documents now said to be in a bank vault in Charring Cross, London.
IMHO, in the near future documents will be unearthed in an undisclosed area of Annapolis Basin, Nova Scotia that will prove a unique genealogy of the Hautpoul family (and to keep our treasure hunters happy, a possible 160,000 florins of gold).
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How these derived statements are formed from Logic is beyond me....

LokiBlossom.....I will personally grant you a view at the very works you still claim to be looking for.....and will inform you that its too late.....

We already found it......

The Horse of God...... SpanishCross.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue Apples........

Le Couleurs de Bals........

The Valley beneath Rennes Le Chateau that was marked with a few guideposts and triangles to get you to the tomb of Mary and Jesus

Including a huge carved Knight in white granite......how appropriate for the area that has a checkerboard floor in its church....

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How these derived statements are formed from Logic is beyond me....

LokiBlossom.....I will personally grant you a view at the very works you still claim to be looking for.....and will inform you that its too late.....

We already found it......

The Horse of God...... View attachment 1215787

Thats nothing new eldo, LOL! I have researched this particular Horse Of God several years ago and have concluded it is meaningless.

Btw, "Blue Apples" "Pommes Bleues" the grapes of Vinland.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Blue Apples........

The Valley beneath Rennes Le Chateau that was marked with a few guideposts and triangles to get you to the tomb of Mary and Jesus

Including a huge carved Knight in white granite......how appropriate for the area that has a checkerboard floor in its church....

You make statements with nothing to back them up.
Where are these guideposts and triangles you claim to have discovered pray tell? When confronted with questions you seem to disappear. Lets see what happens here.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Blue Apples........

Not a carved Knight at all, only a similar looking natural rock! You would do well to study the Events surrounding Rennes le Chateau before commenting on them.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loki......

Go find a physical clue BEFORE confirming them with history books from a dusty shelf......

sorry boys this one's not found in ANY history books for a reason.

Go ahead and admit that you've never physically been anywhere close to my work in NS.....

it ok if you are living a die hard lifestyle online....it does get revved up and exciting here seeing all the new "info"

But your arguments are old.....and you should get out in the field more.......to test your theories and see what you won't find and correct your own theories. Makes sense as you wont take our advice anyways, you will have to see for yourself.

and you never researched "This particular Horse of God".....I am the first to find it hidden in Nova Scotia....along with the Swan of Avon.

Go sell your version of history then.....and watch it made into 5 more seasons of digging a hole.

Its obvious that I dont need to prove this to anyone,....I have already shown this here and elsewhere

...your escape methodology and end game strategies are 'schill' at best.

If you want a real argument, I suggest going online to Facebook and going to the Oak Island Raw group and you might get to make a few statements there before the rest of the world actually steps in to defend the truth, but here being so reclusive.

I guess you can just assert anything you want and get away with it.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki......

Its obvious that I dont need to prove this to anyone,....

I guess you can just assert anything you want and get away with it.

Of course, that's what you do isn't it? LOL!

And btw, you have no idea how many times I have been to Nova Scotia or how much research I have done.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loki, my brother, don't let Mr. Simpson get a rise out of you. His theory reads like a bad movie script written by a high school history teacher on a high dose of Adderall.

To the real history buffs out there, myself included, your theory is much more elegant and simple. I look forward to reading about more of your work HERE on Treasure net, not in a facebook group made up primarily of soccer moms and grannies taking a break from their knitting.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chteau de Hautpoul - Ruined Medieval Cathar Castle in France

The above link shows a certain connection between the Cathar religious group and the Hautpoul families of the Languedoc area of France. This connection is important to my premises which include a couple of missing genealogy documents, one dated 1244 and the other dated 1644. The 1244 genealogy IMHO was part of the cache carried off the mountain pog of Montsegur during the night of March 14, 1244, two days before the final surrender to forces sent by the Pope and the burning alive of some 200 Cathar elect on "March 16". These events are documented by Otto Rahn in his 1930's book "Crusade against the Grail". The German SS was so determined to find the Holy Grail that Rahn was forced to become an SS officer and help to search the World over for it. But, Rahn himself was convinced that it was in one of the caves of Montsegur. Otto Rahn was found dead on a mountain in 1939 under very suspicious circumstances.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rahn's book was well supported with solid research in the archives of the inquisition, here is one quote that has found recent fame.

p.177: "The night of the fall of Montsegur, a fire was seen on the snowy summit of [nearby] Bidorta. It was not an execution pyre, but a fire of happiness. Four Cathars of whom three are known to us-Amiel Aicart, Putevin, and Hugo were signaling the Perfecti of Montsegur, who were about to die, that the Mani was safe. From the documents of the inquisition of Carcassonne, it is surmised that these four pure ones, covered in wool blankets, descended on ropes from the summit of the promontory to the bottom of the Lasset Gorge to hand the treasure of the heretics to a son of Belissena, Pons Arnaud de Casttellum Verdunum, in the Sabarthes."

Cheers, Loki

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quote I found while researching some of your keywords Loki: "Since Peter-Roger of Mirepoix had been given permission to take all gold and silver with him, what the four intrepid Cathars brought to safety in the caves of the Sabarthes on the lands of the Lords of Castellum Verdurum certainly wasn’t that."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread