Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
0A7202F9-30E8-4D95-AE54-1F14C5FC4E62.jpeg

Based upon the track record of the teams other “experts”, it is highly likely that the C14 test was flawed

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No I didn’t, that is the whole point

You do know that "marine" refers to organisms that lived in seawater, not those that were terrestrial and fell into it.

My point in this whole discussion is "lets have somebody do a complete and acceptable testing of the correct material to include a conclusive dna study."

Cheers, Loki

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do know that "marine" refers to organisms that lived in seawater, not those that were terrestrial and fell into it.

My point in this whole discussion is "lets have somebody do a complete and acceptable testing of the correct material to include a conclusive dna study."

Cheers, Loki

I agree with getting that dna test. Could answer some questions for sure.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Cheers, Loki
You don’t seem to understand the nature of the problem, coconut fibers are terrestial, but, the C14 ratio has been skewed due to salt water saturation, what this mean is that there is no established correction criteria for obtaining a valid C14 date

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You don’t seem to understand the nature of the problem, coconut fibers are terrestial, but, the C14 ratio has been skewed due to salt water saturation, what this mean is that there is no established correction criteria for obtaining a valid C14 date

The "Marine Radiocarbon Reservoir Effect" mostly concerns marine life, in other words, specimens that had lived in a marine environment such as mollusks, coral and ect. and collected carbon from that environment, terrestrial organisms, not so much.

Cheers, Loki

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The "Marine Radiocarbon Reservoir Effect" mostly concerns marine life, in other words, specimens that had lived in a marine environment such as mollusks, coral and ect. and collected carbon from that environment, terrestrial organisms, not so much.

Cheers, Loki
The coconut fibers absorb sea water which is saturated with marine organisms
it is an issue of cross contamination

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The coconut fibers absorb sea water which is saturated with marine organisms
it is an issue of cross contamination

Never read that one before, a new one on me! Is that what you meant with your last several posts on the subject,lol?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Never read that one before, a new one on me! Is that what you meant with your last several posts on the subject,lol?

Cheers, Loki
I give up
maybe you should read up on C14 dating and the scientific method

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I give up
maybe you should read up on C14 dating and the scientific method

I thought I had years ago. But listen, the title of this thread is Templar Research and that is what I am into so please don't get your panties in a bunch. Believe it or not I do respect your opinion!
Cheers, Loki

MCX

Apr 21, 2018
NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Loki - I'm newer to the forum, so my apologies if this has been asked before (didn't see it come up in any search results). I notice in your profile that you're in/near Traverse City, MI, which is also where the Laginas and Craig Tester are based (and Marty's vineyard is located). Do you know, or have any relationship with them? Just curious. Thx!

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the dubious information on their age and origin, the coconut fibers by themselves are meaningless in determining who was on OI. If people want to conclude that the KT were on OI, then they need to find confirmed material evidence, in context, that can be accurately dated, and which is unique to the Templars (to the exclusion of all other people from that period). If you want to claim that this 'coconut' fiber is Templar in origin, then this material evidence would have to be found in association with the 'coconut' fiber. Until this evidence is found, any claims of Templars in NS is just baseless speculation.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'll play here a bit. The Knights Templar were never dissolved in Portugal. The king there just changed their name to Knights of Christ. A number of Portuguese explorers were Knights of Christ. The Portuguese developed the caravella - great for long distance ocean journeys. We know the Portuguese were here in Nova Scotia. Heck even Champlain knew that. Seems to me that the focus should really be on the Knights of Christ if one wishes to pursue the Templar connection. Using the term "templar" seems to rile up a few folks and yet the Knights of Christ presence here is entirely possible and that does equate to the templars. Couple of examples of Portuguese explorers who belonged to the Knights of Christ who came over here: Gaspar Corte-Real, Miguel Corte-Real

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knight's Templar on Oak Island makes more sense, because isn't the area called Nova Scotia----------New Scotland. And wasn't Sir Henry Sinclair over the Knight's Templar. And did a diary mention that he made a trip this far West. They have since found things in the diary that prove that he was and had been around Oak Island in 1398. SO I hold with the Knight's Templar. Even Roslin Chapel verifies most of the story itself in it's sculptured walls.

Also, Petter Amundsen's work deciphering Shakespeare verify that the treasure was buried on Oak Island.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The name of Nova Scotia comes from the time of James VI in 1621 when he gave Sir William Alexander the land grant to the area to encourage colonization. A link to Sinclair through the naming of this province is not something I can agree with, as it does not jibe with historical fact. The recorded history for 1621 is clear on how this province's name came about.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Knight's Templar on Oak Island makes more sense, because isn't the area called Nova Scotia----------New Scotland. And wasn't Sir Henry Sinclair over the Knight's Templar. And did a diary mention that he made a trip this far West. They have since found things in the diary that prove that he was and had been around Oak Island in 1398. SO I hold with the Knight's Templar. Even Roslin Chapel verifies most of the story itself in it's sculptured walls.

Also, Petter Amundsen's work deciphering Shakespeare verify that the treasure was buried on Oak Island.

The Knights of Christ were Templars under a changed name. It is not one or the other. What I find odd is that folks are pursuing a link with the Templars and ignoring the one group who actually WERE HERE during Portugal's age of expansion. The trail is there. I'm not sure what it might lead to, but at least it has historical fact as its base and I think that makes it more solid. At least to me it does, so that's the trail I have been on for quite some time.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... wasn't Sir Henry Sinclair over the Knight's Templar.

Earl Henry Sinclair was born in 1345, more than 30 years after the Templars were disbanded. So, no. Sinclair wasn't a Templar.

And did a diary mention that he made a trip this far West. They have since found things in the diary that prove that he was and had been around Oak Island in 1398.

Which diary are you referring to? I'd be interested in reading it.

SO I hold with the Knight's Templar. Even Roslin Chapel verifies most of the story itself in it's sculptured walls.

How so?

There is a reason why Amundsen's work is rejected... he's a loon.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Knights of Christ were Templars under a changed name. It is not one or the other. What I find odd is that folks are pursuing a link with the Templars and ignoring the one group who actually WERE HERE during Portugal's age of expansion. The trail is there. I'm not sure what it might lead to, but at least it has historical fact as its base and I think that makes it more solid. At least to me it does, so that's the trail I have been on for quite some time.

I don't think that anyone will deny that the Portuguese were in the NS area. Some of them may even have been KoC. None of them, though, were here during the period that people claim that the KT were here. There has been nothing presented, however, that indicates that they were on Oak Island, in any time period.... not that I have seen, anyhow.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think franklin meant William Sinclair, lord of Rosslyn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread