Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday all

Across the the highway from the Inn of the Good Samaritan/Khan al-Hatruri, are the archaeological remains of a crusader fortress known to the Crusaders as Maldoim, Adumim, or Rouge Cisterne / Cisterna Rubea (Red Cistern), among other names. In Arabic it is known as Qal'at ad-Damm, "Blood Castle".[SUP].[/SUP]It was built by the before 1169/72,

800px-Maldoim-657.jpg

Probably at the site of a Late Roman fort, to protect the road between Jerusalem and Jericho. It stands at the top of the "Ascent of Blood", as the Ascent of Adumim was known to the Crusaders.Another was Maldoim (Qual’at al-Damm), a four-sided fort built by the Templars before 1169 to protect the Jerusalem-Jericho road. It had a small tower with additional vaults and a strong rock-cut moat.

800px-Maldoim-690.jpg

Today it lies in complete ruins lost and forgotten. A Templar fort that was over run and destroyed and left abandoned and almost forgotten to history.

While these forts acted as safe way houses for pilgrims. Many would be picked off by banditry. Templars supplied safe passage on the road between
Jerusalem and Jericho.

No doubt there is potential for Templar coin hoards to be found at this site.

Maldoim-699.jpg

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Much of the site was destroyed over the centuries. Most of the visabile remains is actually of Templar origin. But the Templar fort was but over the top of a Roman legionary Fort.

2016-06-14.jpg

Still makes you wonder what would of been life would of been like for these Templars stationed at this fort? However this fort was an early fort in the early years of conquering the holy land. After it was sacked and looted by the Arabs it was left abandoned who had a policy of looting and burning such forts. One wonders how many Templar coins lay buried in the foundations of ruin inside and outside the curtain wall?

These are the places amigo where Templar treasure caches can be found. However these places are not for the faint hearted. The Judean desert and country that does not look too kindly on treasure hunters.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We get a tantalizing glimpse of the structure amigos.

inner and outer baily 2.JPG

It is hard however to determine if the fort had a inner Baily and outer Baily? Or was that the remains of the Roman fort underneath.

inner and outer baily 3.JPG

The above picture does give a possible indication of an outer Baily perhaps a small settlement was built inside the outer walls of the fort for Pilgrims.

inner and outer baily.JPG

Collectively the three above picture in different years and weather conditions and seasons allows us to see some structure better collectively over season. Thus helping see foundations virtually invisible from ground level. A potential habitation settlement site around the fort that may yield Templar coins?

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigo

Its my pleasure.

i just got sick of reading the same old transplanted Templar conspiracy theories was that starting to do my head in. I cannot understand the desire to transplant a redundant Crusader Order to a totally foreign country with no relevance to history.

While America has plenty of its own history and treasure legends amigo I do not see why the need to transplant of foreign one?

c068027acb6c51224259b776d20df9ae--paper-hats-foil-art.jpg

While for some its fun to speculate over an empty hole...but for some they begin to obsess way too much over it. It becomes a religion of blind faith. When it is not accepted as fact they get upset and way too emotional and take it too personal.

I know of many real Templar sites across Europe and the Holy Land. that may yield small treasure hoards. Not the mythical Templar fortune of legend but the real one of money and assets broken up between King of England, France and the Pope and dispersed through the centuries.

But for now I am focusing on posting on Templar sites in the Holy land as time permits.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions